• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sent Rescission letter to wrong address

vdagani90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Good day,

So I recently was tricked into buying a timeshare when I was in TN on a vacation and had second thoughts the night after I bought so I decided to send a rescission letter. I tried looking for the cancellation policy on my contract but was not able to find it. I was confused on what address I was going to send it to so I sent it to the 6277 Sea Harbor Dr. Orlando, FL 32821. I bought the timeshare on 8/20 and was able to send the letter on 8/22 through FedEx. I have contacted wyndham to ask on the progress of my cancellation and have been told that my file did not reflect any rescission letters received. I gave the agent the tracking number and a said she will make a case since I was in the rescission period, and also to call next week to ask for an update because it takes time. So I wait and I just went through my contract again today in finally found the cancellation policy. in the policy it is asking me to send to p.o. box 94443, las vegas, nevada, 89193 within 10 days. it is already 9/3 (14 days) since the contract signing. what should I do?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Well, you sent It FedEx when you should have send it USPS, and you send it to the wrong e address so you have two strikes. I’d send the letter to the address specified asap USPS along with proof of the FedEx to the address you sent the original letter to. Hopefully they do the right thing, if not, I’m not sure what to say.

vdagani90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Well, you sent It FedEx when you should have send it USPS, and you send it to the wrong e address so you have two strikes. I’d send the letter to the address specified asap USPS along with proof of the FedEx to the address you sent the original letter to. Hopefully they do the right thing, if not, I’m not sure what to say.
Thank you for the reply. Just for context, I did call them twice during my rescission period to ask for the right address and was misinformed both times. I have audio recordings of the conversations so I can probably use that if I need to build a case against them. Won't be able to go to USPS until 9/6 because of Labor day but will send then another letter asap and will probably send one through UPS today just to be sure. I just wish I found this forum sooner

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Thank you for the reply. Just for context, I did call them twice during my rescission period to ask for the right address and was misinformed both times. I have audio recordings of the conversations so I can probably use that if I need to build a case against them. Won't be able to go to USPS until 9/6 because of Labor day but will send then another letter asap and will probably send one through UPS today just to be sure. I just wish I found this forum sooner
I wish you luck as well.

You weren't really "tricked" into signing a contract. I don't think that is the right word. If they lied to you, that would be a good thing for you to share, and then maybe I would agree that you were tricked. But if the salesperson didn't misrepresent anything, then you weren't tricked.

Timeshare is not a scam in itself, but if you buy resale, you will be a much happier owner.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that you weren't tricked. Perhaps misled, or told what you wanted to hear. BUT, if you were specifically told the incorrect address to send the rescission, THAT'S inexcusable. They should honor your rescission, and your audio recording of it should assure you that it will happen. I just hope it doesn't come to proving it.

Good Luck!G

Jim

Reaction score
I would suggest sending your letter NEXT DAY/OVERNIGHT via FedEx or UPS on Tuesday since tomorrow is a holiday. I would think there would be a way to get a signed receipt returned to you. Yes it might cost you over $100 to get all of this done, but it could be worth it to you to save you THOUSANDS of dollars.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to the snail mail vis USPS, I have always faxed a one page rescission letter to the fax number listed in the contract.
Long before I get confirmation of the mail, I get a call from corporate asking me if I am sure I really wanted to rescind.
Has worked twice.
Hopefully I have learned to not fall for their lies now.
Best of luck to you.

vdagani90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
UPDATE

After sending my initial letter on 8/22 to the wrong address and sending another one on 9/7 to the right address, I have successfully cancelled my Wyndham timeshare. I have not received confirmation yet but I received an email that my autopay was stopped/cancelled and also saw my downpayment was refunded already. Thank you guys and TUG BBS for what you to educate and inform . I have saved $19000 because of the wonderful people here

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

After sending my initial letter on 8/22 to the wrong address and sending another one on 9/7 to the right address, I have successfully cancelled my Wyndham timeshare. I have not received confirmation yet but I received an email that my autopay was stopped/cancelled and also saw my downpayment was refunded already. Thank you guys and TUG BBS for what you to educate and inform . I have saved $19000 because of the wonderful people here
You can buy a lot of firearms and ammo with $19K.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
UPDATE

You should consider a resale timeshare, but really think about what you want. Wyndham may not be it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You should consider a resale timeshare, but really think about what you want. Wyndham may not be it.
Timesharing in general may not be for them. I would recommend they start with learning what a timeshare really is as well as the pros, cons, and limitations. Who knows what the sales person told them. Then research which company suits them. I find that some people buy into Club Wyndham when WorldMark locations are closer to where they live and so it would be a better choice. If people want to be able to book DVC, Wyndham is not an option. If they want international locations, Wyndham may not be for them unless they want to pay the RCI booking fee. Wyndham is one of the largest and have more options for locations, but I agree it's not for everyone.

cowboy

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my opinion a person should stay in a timeshare location and educate themselves about that timeshare system as well as timeshares in general and watch the resale market for awhile before ever buying a timeshare week or points.