• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sell StarOptions in Vistana Signature Experience Flex

timeshare22

Reaction score
Hello, We wish to sell our 81,000 StarOptions. Maintenance fees $1232. While we've read several threads here on the forum, we're exactly not sure how to go about this. Our home property is listed as Sheraton Flex and includes: Sheraton Vistana Resort, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista, Sheraton Mountain Vista, Vistana Beach Club, Sheraton Desert Oasis and Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas. We plan to post on the TUG website, but haven't seen similar timeshares posted for sale. As a result, we have some questions, like:
- Any advice on the resale value?
- Are we obligated to provide Vistana a first right of refusal on the resale?
- I see LT transfers recommended... any others?
- Should we schedule an "attractive" week, like prime ski season to attract others? (And will Vistana honor the reservation if we sell?)
- all advice welcome!
Many thanks!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, We wish to sell our 81,000 StarOptions. Maintenance fees $1232. While we've read several threads here on the forum, we're exactly not sure how to go about this. Our home property is listed as Sheraton Flex and includes: Sheraton Vistana Resort, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista, Sheraton Mountain Vista, Vistana Beach Club, Sheraton Desert Oasis and Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas. We plan to post on the TUG website, but haven't seen similar timeshares posted for sale. As a result, we have some questions, like:
- Any advice on the resale value?
- Are we obligated to provide Vistana a first right of refusal on the resale?
- I see LT transfers recommended... any others?
- Should we schedule an "attractive" week, like prime ski season to attract others? (And will Vistana honor the reservation if we sell?)
- all advice welcome!
Many thanks!

Sheraton Flex has been a give-away property so far. You might get a few hundred dollars for it. The main reason for that is the staroptions don't transfer, only the homeoptions. So whoever buys it from you can only use the resorts on that list. That means they can't use many of the popular properties (Hawaii, Westin St John, Harbourside, Westins in the desert). Also, the fees are relatively high compared to buying a high season week at any of those actual locations, so there isn't much of a market for them.

It wouldn't hurt to schedule an attractive week in advance, and Vistana will honor the reservation. I have done that with LT Transfers and it worked fine.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as bizaro86 said value is $0. We picked up some points for free. Closing, transfer, everything...

It maybe better to hang onto if possible. When Sheraton Poipu comes online you might be able to rent it out. Steamboat for some reason is not a good renter. Maybe too far from Vail area. That is why we like it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just to clarify, when you sell your timeshare, the Staroptions will not transfer to the new owner. The new owner will only be able to reserve the resorts in the Flex Group. That is the primary reason why the resale value is so low.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I ran into a realtor selling a listing for 148,100 Flex points on Redweek and she insisted it was worth $15,000 resale and recently turned down an offer for $14,000. I told her to take that offer all night long. She went on about how she is has been in the industry a long time and knows. None the less she declined my adoption price of $0. I suspect the listing remains on the market.....

I feel bad for the selling owner.