• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

sedona springs value

bobk

TUG Member
Reaction score
As we all know the real estate market is in terrible shape. People are hurting and will dump there timeshare for near nothing to get out of the maintenace fees. That said if a person could afford the mf's Sedona Spings is a great resort to own, very well upkept and Sedona is fabulous.

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just visited Sedona and was ready to buy one of the $1 bargains. Almost couldn't resist. Quality of timeshares and location can't be beat... But, the maintenance fees make no sense. I can get into Sedona last minute for a couple of hundred bucks through either II or RCI almost any week of the year if I check every day for a week or two. There are just too many timeshares there. It's like Orlando. No reason to ever buy unless you are in love with one unit and one location and intend to use it every year.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been watching those Sedona Springs weeks on ebay as well...so tempting! But as Dan said, Sedona is an easy trade and the maintenance fees are high....so why am I still drooling at the thought of picking up one of those?! :)

bobk

TUG Member
Reaction score
One nice thing about Sedona Springs Resort is the 2br lockout able to sleeps 10. I'm not sure you could rent a place that sleep 10 for under $800.

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at SS
yearly fees are $732 in 2009 for 2 bedroom lockout

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also own there. The lock out is great because right now we need to trade for a 2 bedroom but soon we'll be empty nesters and will then split and deposit and get 2 for 1!

The trades so far have been fabulous.

Anne

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me more about the configuration of the units? Can more than 4 people sleep privately? (Bob mentioned they could sleep 10..? )

Any complaints from those of you that own? (As you can see, I am still tempted :D )

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the "Main" part, a sofa sleeper in the LR will sleep 2, and they have a bathroom. The bedroom sleeps 2 upstairs where there's a bathroom. There's also a sofa sleeper up there on a balcony. It sleeps 2 and they would share the upstairs bathroom, but at least they have their own door to that bathroom, so both couples could keep their doors closed or keep them open but close the "other" door when in there.

The balcony is open to the high ceiling of the LR. The LR has a TV and so does the bedroom, but not the balcony, which would hear the downstairs one.

The lockoff is a large hotel unit with two big beds = 4 people and a TV and one bathroom with a kitchen on the wall with sink, fridge, microwave and I think a real stove of some kind. It has a single small window, a booth type of eating table and a kind of patio that doesn't seem very usable.

The lockoff is under the upstairs bathroom and the bedroom. The main LR goes all the way up to the high ceiling.

The main part is very lovely with plenty of open space and large windows. The lockoff is just a place to sleep, read, watch TV or get the heck out of. It would be fine as a second bedroom, where the up to 4 occupants could spend time in the big LR with the luckier folks.

Steve

Reaction score
I used to own a week at Sedona Springs. I love the villas at the resort. They are huge and extremely comfortable. While the lock out would be crowded for more than two people, it's very nice as studios go. The main one bedroom villa is really spacious and the master suite is downright luxurious.

I found Sedona Springs to be a good...but not great...trader in II. My Foxhunt at Sapphire Valley week trades at least as well...and probably better...and it has lower fees.

The two reasons I sold my week at Sedona Springs were the less-than-stellar trade power, and because I was afraid that the resale value was about to plunge. It certainly has, and I'm glad I was able to sell while I could still make a profit. (I had purchased resale originally.)

Steve

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve, this is 1 reason why I dislike II. If given the choice between depositing with II or RCI I'll always go with RCI.

Now if my other really good resort would join RCI I'd drop II in a second.

Anne

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures they have taken of Sedona Springs? I've seen the pictures in the ebay ads and on the VRI site, but it's alway nice to see 'real' pictures that owners and/or guests have taken. Are the grounds and pool nice there ? (We loved our recent trip to Arroyo Roble...have any of you been to both resorts? Are they comparable in quality? ) I haven't seen anything sell at Arroyo Roble, even on ebay, for less than about $ 2500.
Why the big difference in price?
Thanks for your input..we go to Sedona about every other year and love it...hope to go annually when we retire ! :)

Steve

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures they have taken of Sedona Springs? I've seen the pictures in the ebay ads and on the VRI site, but it's alway nice to see 'real' pictures that owners and/or guests have taken. Are the grounds and pool nice there ? (We loved our recent trip to Arroyo Roble...have any of you been to both resorts? Are they comparable in quality? ) I haven't seen anything sell at Arroyo Roble, even on ebay, for less than about $ 2500.
Why the big difference in price?
Thanks for your input..we go to Sedona about every other year and love it...hope to go annually when we retire ! :)

Comparing Sedona Springs to Arroyo Roble:

The villas at Sedona Springs are MUCH newer and nicer.

On the other hand, the grounds are MUCH nicer at Arroyo Roble.

Neither resort has a particularly impressive swimming pool, but I would rate the one at Arroyo Roble higher than the small, unheated one at Sedona Springs.

Overall, I think that Sedona Springs is definitely higher in quality...but it depends on what is most important to you. Regardless of which resort you prefer, however, either one is a very easy exchange. There's no need to purchase there if your goal is to go to Sedona every year...unless you just want the good feeling of owning where you like to vacation!

Steve

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve..you are definitely the voice of reason! I think I'll try a trade into Sedona Springs :)

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
About five years ago, I tried to get a week in Sedona as a treat for family members, including one who had lived in China for a few years. I was frustrated when nothing was available anywhere, including a rental on VRBO etc.

Sedona was always an easy trade before, but some travel magazine had named Sedona as one of the ten most beautiful places in the country. :mad:

Now things are more normal, exchange-wise. Fortunately, Sedona is still one of the ten most beautiful places, but that's becoming less well-known. ;)

I agree with the advice to try trading into there and not buy as long as you can get in. New TS are still being added there.

Lee