• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Secluded and Beautiful Oregon Coast - A comparison of Timeshares

Which of the Timeshares would you want to stay at?

• Worldmark Schooner Landing

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Worldmark Seaside

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Either .... Just get me to the Oregon Coast

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
I love the Oregon coast. The secluded walks along the ocean. The roaring sound of the waves. The long sloping beaches. And let's not forget the beautiful sunsets. And the rock formations are amazing.

The allure of the Oregon coast is the solitude (relatively compared to Southern California) and the quaint beach towns along the Oregon coast make for a wonderful and relaxing experience. You should be sure and add the Oregon Coast to your "bucket list" if it isn't already there. I found a lovely bakery, plenty of grocery shopping, etc... Nothing missing in the Oregon coast.

I was fortunate enough to spend two lovely weeks along the Oregon coast and I wanted to share my experiences. I have created a video with the highlights and comparison of the two Timeshares (Worldmark Schooner Landing and Worldmark Seaside). Below is my video review with Links to the Individual reviews.

Oregon Coast timeshare comparison

And the associated timeshare reviews are below;
Worldmark Schooner Landing
Worldmark Seaside

As always, I am thrilled with TUG. I have learned so much from this group and I hope my contributions to TUG go even a small way to repaying the knowledge I have gained as a member

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I'm looking forward to July of '21 and hoping we will be able to travel to this area. We have two weeks scheduled at Depoe Bay and Whispering Woods and I am looking forward to visiting this area of the country again. We enjoyed our time in Washington a few years ago and Oregon is on our list of states we have yet to visit.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm looking forward to July of '21 and hoping we will be able to travel to this area. We have two weeks scheduled at Depoe Bay and Whispering Woods and I am looking forward to visiting this area of the country again. We enjoyed our time in Washington a few years ago and Oregon is on our list of states we have yet to visit.
I am so much looking forward to my trip next year (November) to Depoe Bay and Geneden Beach. I drove past them (and stopped) on my way from Newport to Seaside, Oregon. I have fallen in love with the Oregon Coast... i also plan to explore the Washington coast. I feel so fortunate to have had the experience.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Be aware, the Oregon Coast is a MAJOR destination during warmer weather. The experience at the height of Summer can be very different than in other seasons. It can get to be very crowded, traffic backs up, and there is limited parking in the more popular areas. The scenery is awesome, but "everybody" knows that, and crowds are the result. :)

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We go to the Oregon Coast almost every summer. If a person is looking for seclusion, Seaside and Newport in the summer are not the places to go. For seclusion it would be the Southern Oregon Beaches like Gold Beach, imo.

If I had to choose between WM Seaside and WM Schooners Landing for seclusion it is Schooners Landing. Given the choice of either resort any time of year it would be Seaside for us.

Bill

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Be aware, the Oregon Coast is a MAJOR destination during warmer weather. The experience at the height of Summer can be very different than in other seasons. It can get to be very crowded, traffic backs up, and there is limited parking in the more popular areas. The scenery is awesome, but "everybody" knows that, and crowds are the result. :)

Dave
Clearly I picked the quiet time to go :cool: . I don't mind the cooler weather especially if it takes away the crowds. I did talk to a couple that lived by Schooner Landing and they said that even during the summer, the beach there is not that crowded. It is about 1.5 miles out of town??? It is also true that in high tide there is not a lot of beach.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We go to the Oregon Coast almost every summer. If a person is looking for seclusion, Seaside and Newport in the summer are not the places to go. For seclusion it would be the Southern Oregon Beaches like Gold Beach, imo.

If I had to choose between WM Seaside and WM Schooners Landing for seclusion it is Schooners Landing. Given the choice of either resort any time of year it would be Seaside for us.

Bill
I love the little aquarium in Seaside and especially the "sea snake". It was hard to know what it would be like since this year is so different with the pandemic.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Clearly I picked the quiet time to go :cool: . I don't mind the cooler weather especially if it takes away the crowds. I did talk to a couple that lived by Schooner Landing and they said that even during the summer, the beach there is not that crowded. It is about 1.5 miles out of town??? It is also true that in high tide there is not a lot of beach.

It's true that not every beach will be crowded. I meant that many destinations get to be pretty packed, restaurants busy, and parking limited. With only one road along the coast, add in a flurry of motorhomes and so forth, and it CAN be pretty crowded in places. Is it worth going? Absolutely. Just be prepared for crowds in certain areas.

Dave

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
My folks live on the Oregon coast, near Newport. While 101 can definitely get backed up in a typical summer, the beaches are never crowded when you compare them to say, California or Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I agree, there's no such thing on an Oregon beach as a crowd. Having visited the entire coast in all seasons, if a beach looks busy, walk another 50 yards and you'll have it to yourself! The only exception I've seen to that are Pacific City and during a golf championship, Bandon Dunes. And if you really want seclusion, I agree the southern coast is the place, and the beaches among the most beautiful in the world. One Oregonian's opinion :)

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I also love the Oregon coast. I was last there 10 years ago for a 3 week vacation in early September (Newport, Depoe Bay, and Seaside). I tried for 2 weeks next summer but all units were gone at Depoe Bay and Seaside within seconds of being available. I ended up getting the weeks for early September 2021 which is still a great time to go. I had wanted to be there during the Seaside volley ball tournament though. Can't wait to get back though and hopefully Covid-19 won't be an issue then.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
In 2003 we spent some time in Seattle and Portland (actually stayed in Beaverton). I have told my family since that if I had visited OR in my 20's I would have never come back. Beaverton offered a great spot to explore the area from. One hour from the mountain, the sea and just outside of Portland which we never made it into. We did drive up the coast from Newport to Cannon Beach and I was awed by the beauty and lack of crowds. If I remember correctly it was July 3rd and I was amazed how empty some of the beach parking lots we pulled into were. A couple days before we left I discovered the U.S. Womens Open (golf) was very close to where we were staying so we added that on. Michelle Wie was 13 at the time and a could bomb her drives! This is one of my favorite pics of my son who is the same age as MW at a beach along the OR coast.

ORBeachPic.jpg

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
We live an hour from the Oregon coast so we drive over frequently both for day trips to go hiking and for longer trips to vacation. We would never take an overnight trip in summer, crowds are crazy. But even in summer it's not the beaches that are crowded (unless you're at an event), it's the PARKING lots and restaurants that are crowded. Oregon beaches are huge, mostly very wide and you can easily spread out.

Schooner Landing isn't walkable to sites and restaurants, Seaside is. Both have nice walkable beaches. Seaside has the great boardwalk too. For overnight trips we prefer Newport or Lincoln City. For day trips, Seaside or Cannon Beach. In either case, don't miss the many stunning Oregon State Parks with hiking trails, beach access, whale watching.

Off-season travel in Oregon is beautiful. Winter at the coast can be amazing. Sometimes we have warm sunshine, sometimes awesome winter storms (to watch from the comfort of a condo or hotel).