• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sapphire Timeshare Cancellation

Foodie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Have anyone heard or know anything about Sapphire Timeshare Cancellation? I saw some good reviews on BBB about this company. Is BBB a trustworthy website? Thanks!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Did they contact you? If yes, it's a scam.

Did they suggest prices that are too good to be true? If yes, it's a scam.

Did they request money for "advertising" (more than a nominal amount), "escrow fees", "taxes that must be prepaid", or similar -- even if they promise to refund your advances from escrow? If yes, it's a scam (if not, wait a while, they will).

We see these inquires all the time. The typical pattern is that once they have your money, there is no buyer or renter and you never hear from them again.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What did they promise to do for you and for how much? What are you hoping to accomplish by using this company?

And BTW, most here on TUG put very little stock into BBB reviews.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, every 'timeshare cancellation' outfit we have found has been a scam. BBB means nothing. Any 'business' entity that doesn't have specific complaints with some unknown association could publish that it's 'approved'.

I suspect this one is no different and a little sleuthing will find that it's website was registered recently and all it's promotional material was recycled from other now defunct similar scams.

Save your money. Give your timeshare away on TUG.

Foodie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Thanks for the responses! I do not know how much the company charges yet. I cannot give away my timeshare because I am not done paying the property fees.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks for the responses! I do not know how much the company charges yet. I cannot give away my timeshare because I am not done paying the property fees.

1 ) DON' T WASTE YOUR MONEY - On paying an exit company .

2) What resort do you own ?

3) Learn how to use / or take the credit hit if financially unable to make payments .

TUG Is a great place to get information.

kmark4444

Reaction score
Have anyone heard or know anything about Sapphire Timeshare Cancellation? I saw some good reviews on BBB about this company. Is BBB a trustworthy website? Thanks!
They have no complaints on the BBB, and have a pretty good rating on google. One thing I saw about them is they have a credit and risk management program. Its to help timeshare owner's that had hits on their credit.
All timeshare exiting stinks, some of these companies are real crooks, I found only a couple that are bonded, insured and licensed......I saw call your resort and see if they let you out, then don't pay and see if they let you out, then last ditch effort call an exit company that at least can help with your credit.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a good rating with BBB means that a company responded to customer complaints. It doesn't mean that they resolved them. For a good look at an exit company that had A+ with the BBB and a bunch of glowing reviews, look up "Resort Release." They are still soliciting business, even though the company filed bankruptcy this April. There are a number of threads on Tug that people said, "What about the great reviews?" Well. here is what happened to the money that the customers gave to Resort Release: https://therealdeal.com/miami/2017/...4m-for-waterfront-mansion-in-fort-lauderdale/

If you want to go further, look them up on BBB. The exit company phenomenon will run it's course if the developers have their way. Customers will not benefit. :(

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those exit companies have no magic words or potions or amulets that will cause a timeshare operator or developer or financing arm to just 'forgive and forget' the debt an adult buyer, who walks into a presentation voluntarily, signs for and accepts the debt. It isn't fraud. It isn't coercement (but it's close), and they can (and will) say that they told the buyer to read the contract and initial every key point. The exit companies have found a way to relieve buyers of more of their money. They may- or may not advertise the intervals for sale, but that's about the extent of it. Worst case, they have the owner sign a quit claim and deed it to a "Viking ship' and bankrupt it, leaving the rest of the owners on the hook for maintenance and the legal fees of foreclosure. We ALL pay.

Jim

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have no complaints on the BBB, and have a pretty good rating on google. One thing I saw about them is they have a credit and risk management program. Its to help timeshare owner's that had hits on their credit....then last ditch effort call an exit company that at least can help with your credit.

All this from a first-time poster who just joined today. Hmm.