• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sam’s Club unbelievable how they are dealing with disinfecting carts and me trying to escalate is troubling

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Last night I went to Sam’s Club. They no longer have the wipes to clean the carts so they are manned with someone to spray the handles and clean them off. What baffled me was when they were doing it. Instead of cleaning it at the cart area outside the entrance, they made you get the cart which you obviously had to touch, show your card at the entrance and then they were spraying the handles and wiping it down. Meanwhile you already touch it.

I went to customer service and spoke to a supervisor to say it defeats the purpose. She thought for a moment and said I was right but they have to follow what corporate told them to do.

So this morning called the complaint number and after 35 minutes of her getting info, told me it was submitted and someone would look at it. I asked when? 3-5 days. Really, get me a supervisor. Now I wait another 15 minutes and the supervisor tells me she will escalate it to corporate and it can take up to 3 days. Truthfully I was upset that I am trying to do the right thing and getting no where.

I decide to say do you want me to call the local news station? Maybe they might think this is something to feature. All of a sudden I am told she can escalate to a 24 hour response and someone will call you.

My lesson learned, bring my paper towels and spray bottle of disinfectant in my bag to the store. Prior to the coronavirus I always wiped down my cart before touching to avoid getting the flu.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Costco doesn't supply wipes at all...can you imagine the spread of corona caused by people hoarding TP?

I now carry a small bottle of purell and wipes in my purse to wipe down carts, restaurant tables etc.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
That is so crazy ridiculous blood would be shooting out of my eyes! Something as common sense as this should be! SMH....

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Gosh, I have been to 2 different Sam's in the past week and at each a person was cleaning carts with wipes in the entry area - telling you which ones that she had just finished wiping down near her and barely looking at membership cards. At one, I am a "regular" and have developed a relationship with the gal that generally checks the receipts. When there is no one to check out, she cleans the carts. Yesterday, I commented that they must be very busy. She said yes and that it was important to her to be on cart detail as she did not want to take chances with her customers! She is a sweet gal who has been through a lot over the past year. She was wearing neoprine gloves while wiping down the carts.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Our local Costco at home (Orillia ON) is doing the same thing our DD reports. You get your cart, show your membership card to enter the store and get handed the weekly specials flyer then there is an employee spraying the handles of the carts. Our DD questioned the logic and was told that was the instructions from the company! So dumb! DD carries hand sanitizer in her purse so she used it while the employee was spraying her cart and again after shopping, before getting in her car.

-Diane

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco doesn't supply wipes at all...can you imagine the spread of corona caused by people hoarding TP?

I now carry a small bottle of purell and wipes in my purse to wipe down carts, restaurant tables etc.
My Costco in Naples always had wipes however they were located behind the door when you entered....not in sight. Now they are right there two stations as you walk in the store.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
My Costco in Naples always had wipes however they were located behind the door when you entered....not in sight. Now they are right there two stations as you walk in the store.
I love the Costco in Naples. They seem to have so much nicer stuff then the one I go to in Livonia MI

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Our local Costco's (I have been to two this week) has someone outside wiping down the carts and/or handing out wipes, outside of the entrance. I thought it was a nice touch, (no pun intended).

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Just went to Costco. They had someone sanitizing carts out front, before they entered the store. I walked up and asked if they had one ready. She pointed and said, “That whole group are all cleaned.” I liked that.

Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Our Costco here has sanitizing wipes and we have been using them forever.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Our Costco here has sanitizing wipes and we have been using them forever.

Ugh...we must have the dirtiest Costco around...never seen wipes. Not even now. And we are not in a bad part of town.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow...we must have the dirtiest Costco around...never seen wipes. Not even now. And we are not in a bad part of town.
Our Costco has a large container of sanitizing wipes mounted on the wall about head level the right just past the membership checker at the entrance. We always use them.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from Sam Club this morning they are going to follow the retail industry standards. In other words they are going to follow Costco policies.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So long as you don't grab the handle of the cart and then rub your hands all over your face, I don't see the problem. Get your shopping cart, pick up a sanitizing wipe, clean the cart and your hands, and go shopping. I keep the wipe in the cart for the rest of the trip through the store.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Believe it or not my husband and I didn’t even wipe the shopping cart handle today. We are so not in that habit. We have to train ourselves. I at least wash my hands when I get home. Hubby took an hour before he finally went into the shower.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the Costco in Naples?