• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Perhaps they have a budget for the year for certain high demand units and by end of year the budget is exhausted. Not sure if that is the timing or not.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they have a budget for the year for certain high demand units and by end of year the budget is exhausted. Not sure if that is the timing or not.

I had Judi Kozlowski tell me this a few years back when we were buying through her. When the pot is gone, they buy back less. As mentioned above, the dynamic could change with the spinoff, but my understanding is that this is how it has generally worked in the past.

Cheers.

Elle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
Disney Saratoga Springs
FYI - There is a no advertising rule on the forums, so don't be surprised if your posting gets edited to remove the above information which makes your posting look like an ad.

Also, while I would consider $7000 a reasonable listing price for that ownership, just know that the TUG Marketplace already has one listed cheaper than that, so you may need to be willing to negotiate on price. Good luck!

Thanks for the note! If I find an edit button I will self correct my post

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land, a Hilton Grand Vacation Club
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
I am 0 for 3 trying to buy re-sale in the last 5 weeks. All three were on the Big Island, and all 3 were steals for sure. So in a way... I am glad Hilton is keeping the value of their timeshares high. But couldn't they have given me one little bone? lol
No worries, still trying.

Reaction score
I am 0 for 3 trying to buy re-sale in the last 5 weeks. All three were on the Big Island, and all 3 were steals for sure. So in a way... I am glad Hilton is keeping the value of their timeshares high. But couldn't they have given me one little bone? lol

What point size, season, bedroom size, and price did they exercise ROFR?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm sure if you buy a silver season, hgvc will let it pass rofr :p

In the past prior to hgvc going independent you had the most luck late in the year as their rofr budget was used up. If that's still the case only time will tell.

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
The three I lost out on, all on the Big Island, platinum season... but I was only paying attention to points, not bedroom size. I'll look that up later.
Kings' Land, every even year, 8,400 points
Kohala, EEY, 7000
King's Land, annual, 7,200

I have two new contacts written for:
Florida, Marco Island, annual, 5000 points
Bay Club Waikoloa, annual, 7000 points.
... fingers crossed.....

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
The three I lost out on, all on the Big Island, platinum season... but I was only paying attention to points, not bedroom size. I'll look that up later.
Kings' Land, every even year, 8,400 points
Kohala, EEY, 7000
King's Land, annual, 7,200

What was the prices that they exercised? Those are good weeks....thanks!

Greg

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
I'm embarrassed to say. Lol yes, they were dirt cheap, and I'm sort of glad HGVC is keeping their value high.
$2,590
$2,200
$5,995

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
No rofr on Bay Club so you should get that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
Thanks SmithOp... I'm new to TUG and to trying to buy re-sale. I didn't understand the difference between an actual HGVC and an affiliate until you mentioned that about the Bay Club... I went searching and stumbled on good info. Hopefully I WILL get this one. Trying to get positioned for post-retirement vacations, and who could resist having enough points for nearly 3 weeks EOY in Hawaii? (that would be with points we already own).
Thanks again.
Joel

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Bay club will pass as rofr is just a formality.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
I had Judi Kozlowski tell me this a few years back when we were buying through her. When the pot is gone, they buy back less. As mentioned above, the dynamic could change with the spinoff, but my understanding is that this is how it has generally worked in the past.

Cheers.
Pardon my ignorance, but what spinoff?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do you know this?
Because Bay Club as an affiliate does not have a ROFR in the contract. This resort predates HGVC participation and contracts were not written as such, AFAIK.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
How do you know this?
There is nothing in the deed that gives hgvc rofr at Bay Club. This complex was originally built as a regular condo hence the very large 1br, 2br and duplex units.

As of a few years ago there were some units that were still owned by individuals. Not all the units were converted to timeshares. I donot know if hgvc is still trying to buy those units from the owners. They were buying them as they came on the market a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Pardon my ignorance, but what spinoff?

Hilton Grand Vacations is no longer a part of Hilton Hotels. During the first quarter of this year it was spun off as a separate company now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker HGV. They license their trademarks and brands from Hilton, as well as participation agreements in Hilton Honors, but in all other ways, HGV is now an independent company, with independent management, its own board, and its own shareholders. Same thing that Marriott International did several years ago with Marriott Vacations Worldwide.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is nothing in the deed that gives hgvc rofr at Bay Club. This complex was originally built as a regular condo hence the very large 1br, 2br and duplex units.

This is one resort that although Bay Club is an affiliate I strongly doubt that it would ever leave HGVC. So although it is an affiliate it is in a different class, by itself. Why? Well the land that Kohola is on is/was owned by Bay Club. I do not know if they still own it or if it was sold off. But it was part of the deal that brought Bay Club into HGVC.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is one resort that although Bay Club is an affiliate I strongly doubt that it would ever leave HGVC. So although it is an affiliate it is in a different class, by itself. Why? Well the land that Kohola is on is/was owned by Bay Club. I do not know if they still own it or if it was sold off. But it was part of the deal that brought Bay Club into HGVC.
Yes i really dont think it will ever leave hgvc either, could it, sure, but not likely. President of HGVC Mark Wang was gm at bay club many years ago and now runs the company.
Also i think the land under kohala suites is still owned by the same entity of bay club.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

OMC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
Just informed that we have passed ROFR for the following.

Kings Land 2BR Platinum 10,500 points for $7,000.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just informed that we have passed ROFR for the following.

Kings Land 2BR Platinum 10,500 points for $7,000.

That's awesome. What are the MFs on that 10500 points?

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa

update! I am no longer 0 for 3!! My realtor was trying to push HGVC to respond with the written ROFR notice for one of the deals.... so I could get my escrow refunded... they decided to accept one of the 3!
Super excited!
Getting King's Land, 7,200 Annual Points, paying $6k, MF of $1,492. And... it happens to be my wife's birthday week in May. So once our kids are out of the house... what a great place to spend her birthday!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It's great to get the place you wanted and can enjoy, congrats!