• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
2019 HGVC Fees for purchasing a TS:
  • Estoppel Fee - $64
  • HGVC yearly club fee (independant on number weeks owned) - $176
  • Transfer Fee (aka Change Fee) - $409
  • Enrollment/Activation Fees - $377 (purchased through HRC or its Affiliates) or $609 (purchased 3-party)
  • Activation Fee Voluntary (1 Interval) - $399
Note: Activation = enrollment. Those terms are interchangeable.
The activation fee is depending on where acquired...
Affiliates set their own "change" fee, which at some may be -0-.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks to two TUG members (@dioxide45 and @JPrisco) HGVC has been added to the www.rofr.net database. Please report all activity both failed and passed for any Hilton TS which you either purchased or sold. We should be able to then predict when Hilton with exercise ROFR once we get enough data in the database.

Japan Spartan

Reaction score
I just received notice that ROFR was exercised on my first attempted purchase. Is there a thread or database to share the details for others reference? I'm new here and didn't see any place for it in the HGVC section.

If anyone's curious, it was a 2BR Platinum at Sea World for $7k (7000 points). I was purchasing it through Seth Nock's site. Per them, the MFs were around $990 last year, which I know is lower than what was listed in the MFs sticky thread.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If anyone's curious, it was a 2BR Platinum at Sea World for $7k (7000 points). I was purchasing it through Seth Nock's site. Per them, the MFs were around $990 last year, which I know is lower than what was listed in the MFs sticky thread.
Thanks for posting this. A far as the MF amount goes, sometimes advertisers do not include other line items like taxes, reserve fund, etc., which can account for the difference you are seeing.

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thanks for reporting this. 2BR plats are high-demand size, but it's useful to know HGVC thinks so, too.

The issue with creating a sticky to track ROFR's is that its use can change significantly in a short period of time. It seems to depend on what it has in stock, it's inventory needs and the time of year. IOW, what they may take back today, they might let go next month.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was getting low ball offers for a Vegas Platinum 2 Br 7000 pts with ~$900 MF listed here at tugs. Good to know HGVC values platinum week over $1 per point :)

Japan Spartan

Reaction score
Thanks for reporting this. 2BR plats are high-demand size, but it's useful to know HGVC thinks so, too.

The issue with creating a sticky to track ROFR's is that its use can change significantly in a short period of time. It seems to depend on what it has in stock, it's inventory needs and the time of year. IOW, what they may take back today, they might let go next month.

Ah that makes sense. It does seem a little random, or at least hard to track. I have seen some deals that seemed a lot better than this one by going back a couple months on this board.

Anyway, I am glad the information is helpful. Hopefully the next attempt is more successful.

Japan Spartan

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. A far as the MF amount goes, sometimes advertisers do not include other line items like taxes, reserve fund, etc., which can account for the difference you are seeing.

Kurt
Thanks for the information. I was curious about this. I have seen reference to Phase 1/2/3 rooms at Seaworld, and I didn't know if that affected the MFs. Are they very consistent between rooms and resorts then?

Looking back at my emails, I did ask the sales guy what the maintenance fees and taxes were in 2017 (it wasn't listed on the site yet, he offered it when the initial property I asked about was no longer available). His reply was: "The maintenance fees are around $990." So it could be he only gave me the maintenance fee portion of the annual fees, and not taxes, etc. as you said.

I was OK with either to rate here or the one he gave me, so I went ahead with it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have seen reference to Phase 1/2/3 rooms at Seaworld, and I didn't know if that affected the MFs. Are they very consistent between rooms and resorts then?

MF's at all HGVC resorts are assessed by unit-size (or classification), not by Season.
Between resorts, they vary greatly. Among resorts, 1BR's will have different MF's.
Seaword's phases technically have different HOA's & MF's differ slightly, but not much.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much HGVC has in ROFR budget or when during the year it is easier for contracts to get through ROFR ?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Anyone know how much HGVC has in ROFR budget or when during the year it is easier for contracts to get through ROFR ?

I don't know what their budget is, but historically i has been easier later in the year. However that was before they were an independent company. In my opinion they might behave differently now that they are independent.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it would be helpful to have an ongoing thread on ROFR activity by HGVC. Gives us some historical data and trends.

Any chance a mod could make a sticky of this similar to the Marriott and Vistana fora? :ponder:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Send a PM to the moderator to setup a ROFR sticky thread

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should note both those sales that passes rofr and those who doesn't??

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am working on incorporating HGVC in to the www.ROFR.net website. Between busy life, my limited understanding of HGVC, and the large number of resorts, it is a long process of compiling all of the different unit types. I will get there, it will just take some time.

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
I just had Hilton Grand Vacations Club exercise ROFR on my purchase offer of $12,800 for 2BRP 12,600 points at King's Land

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just heard that Hilton waived the ROFR for my 6200 points of HGVC Hawaii Village Lagoon tower one bedroom plus for $4200 from eBay today. I had a purchase of HGVC at strip, 7000 points for $5205 from eBay last year. passed too. I am a elite premier member and I don't know if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

Elle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
Disney Saratoga Springs
I'm sorry, but ads are not permitted in the TUG public forums. Please review the TUG Rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
Disney Saratoga Springs
I am working on incorporating HGVC in to the www.ROFR.net website. Between busy life, my limited understanding of HGVC, and the large number of resorts, it is a long process of compiling all of the different unit types. I will get there, it will just take some time.
Thanks for all your efforts.

thegortons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just posted 4 sale 7k points at HGVC {edited to remove resort} for {edited to remove price}
[edit by moderator to remove ad from posting since against posting rules as noted. This can be listed in TUG Marketplace.]

FYI - There is a no advertising rule on the forums, so don't be surprised if your posting gets edited to remove the above information which makes your posting look like an ad.

Also, while I would consider $7000 a reasonable listing price for that ownership, just know that the TUG Marketplace already has one listed cheaper than that, so you may need to be willing to negotiate on price. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just had Hilton Grand Vacations Club exercise ROFR on my purchase offer of $12,800 for 2BRP 12,600 points at King's Land

I had a 14,400 point 2BRPrem at KL pass rofr at $12,999 in Dec 2015 so timing is everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I had a 14,400 point 2BRPrem at KL pass rofr at $12,999 in Dec 2015 so timing is everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timing is definitely important, HGVC exercised ROFR last month on a similar 14,400 KL contract that i was trying to buy for $13,500.