• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Gwendyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
4800 EOY (even year) platinum points at HGVC Seaworld, $1750 passed ROFR.

Even after closing costs, transfer fee, points activation fee, HGVC membership fee, it will be less than $3600. To think they wanted $15,700 for 3400 EOY points at the presentation. So glad we didn't buy there. Thank you, TUG members for answering my questions and pointing me toward reputable resellers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Closing papers are in hand with ROFR waived for West 57th Studio Premier, Platinum season, 7200 points annually for $6,500.
Congrats! I was stalking this auction on EBay but ended targeting the 10500 (2x Studio Plus) after your auction ended. The retail price for your purchase was likely > $70k. Great pick up.

Sean

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Congrats! I was stalking this auction on EBay but ended targeting the 10500 (2x Studio Plus) after your auction ended. The retail price for your purchase was likely > $70k. Great pick up.

Sean
That wasn't me. We worked with Diane Nadeau, who apparently has access to the HGV resale department. Our Goldilocks deed would have been an EOY Studio Premier, but those are apparently unicorn-level rare. We basically told her what we would be comfortable paying for an annual, and she started looking. The first one she turned up was a no-go because it was from an estate that hadn't gone through probate. The next one didn't have points to use until 2023! Third one fit our price, and our request for points to start in 2022, since we still have leftover 2020 points, even after using a chunk in April to stay at Kingsland for 15 days. So we avoided having to reimburse for 2021 MF, which makes the high NYC closing costs less painful.

Last edited:

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
That wasn't me. We worked with Diane Nadeau, who apparently has access to the HGV resale department. Our Goldilocks deed would have been an EOY Studio Premier, but those are apparently unicorn-level rare. We basically told her what we would be comfortable paying for an annual, and she started looking. The first one she turned up was a no-go because it was from an estate that hadn't gone through probate. The next one didn't have points to use until 2023!m Third one fit our price, and our request for points to start in 2022, since we still have leftover 2020 points, even after using a chunk in April to stay at Kingsland for 15 days. So we avoided having to reimburse for 2021 MF, which makes the high NYC closing costs less painful.
Oh, ok. There was an EBay auction for that same package that was then sold. It was a Buy It Now price that was similarly priced. I do wonder if agents put their listings (RedWeek, SMTN, HGVCResales) on EBay to increase the audience, then remove it if sold through traditional site.

At any rate, good purchase!

Sean

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Thanks, Sean! I had been haunting eBay for a few months looking for possibilities, and didn’t remember seeing a 7200 point studio, so just went back and looked at completed listings. There were two 7200 points/year deeds in mid May that closed lower than ours, and now I remember looking at the details - I passed on both because MFs were about $2,400 year, so had to have been 1 BR, even though the listing said 0 BR. The MF on a Studio Premier is about $1,500, same as for a Studio Plus.

Gwendyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
That wasn't me. We worked with Diane Nadeau, who apparently has access to the HGV resale department. Our Goldilocks deed would have been an EOY Studio Premier, but those are apparently unicorn-level rare. We basically told her what we would be comfortable paying for an annual, and she started looking. The first one she turned up was a no-go because it was from an estate that hadn't gone through probate. The next one didn't have points to use until 2023!m Third one fit our price, and our request for points to start in 2022, since we still have leftover 2020 points, even after using a chunk in April to stay at Kingsland for 15 days. So we avoided having to reimburse for 2021 MF, which makes the high NYC closing costs less painful.
We worked with Diane as well. I would definitely recommend!

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just got official confirmation that my EBay purchase from early June passed ROFR:

West 57th (2) Studio Plus Platinum (10500 Annual bHC points) on one deed.
$5150 purchase price
$6808 with closing/transfer
Sold by The Timeshare Group

I was pretty surprised that it passed. I already have W57 Studio Plus Gold Annual and EOY, so will look to drop those. I will post on ROFR.net but divide it in 1/2 to account for the database limitation (2 listings of Studio Plus Platinum for $3404).

Sean

Today I received confirmation paperwork for another EBay purchase to have ROFR waived:

Hilton Club NYC 5000 points
$10
$1430 with closing
Resale Closings, LLC

I originally won this auction in early February but midway through, rep had to cancel because 2021 points were used (but auction listed that they were available). Didn’t hear anything until June when they asked if I was still interested. I said yes and it was submitted June 10th.

I already have 24000 annual HCNY points and didn’t necessarily need more, but it seemed low risk. It was also before I got the 10500 W57 points. My retirement goal has been to have a timeshare equivalent of a pied-á-terre in NYC (fingers crossed that it makes a comeback).

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closing papers are in hand with ROFR waived for West 57th Studio Premier, Platinum season, 7200 points annually for $6,500.

Truly the ultimate unicorn deed. Congrats!

That wasn't me. We worked with Diane Nadeau, who apparently has access to the HGV resale department.

A few seem to. I know that Judi Kozlowski also works with HGC directly.

Cheers.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
Late in posting this, about 2 months ago, I closed on a HGV Sunrise Lodge, Studio Plus, Platinum, 3,500 point week for $3,500 total out of pocket including closing fees, $617 activation, etc.

Purchased through Dana who works with Judi K. She was incredibly patient and great to work with.

hellokaren

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon Tower
We just wired the funds today to close on an annual HGVC Hokulani (Waikiki) platinum 1 bedroom (6200 points). Purchase price was $5,000 + closing costs, maintenance fees, activation, etc. We’re so excited since we loved staying there recently, and rescinded on a Lagoon Tower studio for almost double the price that we purchased while we were there. We’re looking forward to the annual Hawaii trips!

Msb1102

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR waived on Two 2BR Plus 12600 platinum units on a single deed at Trump. Purchase price was $9500 but that included $4,000 25,200 points from 2021 MF that was paid.

I prefer to look at it as $5,500 (easier to justify to myself) for the units plus reimbursement for 2021. Doesn't seem to matter at this point though because HGVC seems to be passing in just about everything still.

Trump isn't the best for mf/point but these units aren't too bad at just under .159 cents and was happy to be able to scoop some up in bulk.

Data point: Original purchase price of each unit was just over $80,000. Original buyer paid over $160,000 for the two weeks in 2015. I looked up the value of price of an entire condo from that tower around that time and it would've only been another $100,000. I don't get it. These HGVC salesmen truly work miracles.

I'm seriously done buying points. Don't let me buy anymore.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
ROFR waived on Two 2BR Plus 12600 platinum units on a single deed at Trump ....

Data point: Original purchase price of each unit was just over $80,000. Original buyer paid over $160,000 for the two weeks in 2015. I looked up the value of price of an entire condo from that tower around that time and it would've only been another $100,000. I don't get it. These HGVC salesmen truly work miracles.

quote -" don't let me buy anymore "
One big benefit of TUG is learning all your options on use. This can help control those " buy more" urges.
congratulations on it passing ROFR

Msb1102

TUG Member
Reaction score
quote -" don't let me buy anymore "
One big benefit of TUG is learning all your options on use. This can help control those " buy more" urges.
congratulations on it passing ROFR
I was just kidding. We took the in-laws with us to Lagoon Tower a few weeks ago. After that trip, MIL insisted on buying one and my wife gave her one of our bigger units at cost and told me to just go get another one.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
ROFR waived on Two 2BR Plus 12600 platinum units on a single deed at Trump. Purchase price was $9500 but that included $4,000 25,200 points from 2021 MF that was paid.

I prefer to look at it as $5,500 (easier to justify to myself) for the units plus reimbursement for 2021. Doesn't seem to matter at this point though because HGVC seems to be passing in just about everything still.

Trump isn't the best for mf/point but these units aren't too bad at just under .159 cents and was happy to be able to scoop some up in bulk.

Those original purchase prices are causing a brain bleed - wow

danodano

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
ROFR cleared on a 2bed Gold Elara. 8000 points. $3,000 sale price. Annual MF of $1190.

Question in reading these forums - why do more people not just buy the low MF fees (vegas, south carolina etc)? Thanks!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
ROFR cleared on a 2bed Gold Elara. 8000 points. $3,000 sale price. Annual MF of $1190.

Question in reading these forums - why do more people not just buy the low MF fees (vegas, south carolina etc)? Thanks!
welcome!

A lot of folks are on the hunt for low MF Vegas deeds but they’re not always easy to find. These days I see plenty of 7000 pt Vegas 2 BR plats for around $6000 give or take.

Others own in higher demand locations to guarantee themselves home week booking - we own Lagoon (and pay the higher MF) for this reason.

KDaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Planet Hollywood (HGVC Elara) - Westgate Owner
HGVC Elara
HGVC Enclave
PASSED
Purchase Date: April 2020
Resort: HGVC ELARA
Size: 1 Bedroom / 1 Bath (1 Bedroom Grand)
WESTGATE PROPERTY - This ownership is a FULL WEEK at the resort EVERY ODD YEAR and does not come with HGVC Points.
Week: Floats Weeks: 1-52
Annual or Biennial: ODD Year Usage
Buyers First Year of Use: 2021
Annual Dues Begin: 2021
Purchase & Closing Costs
Purchase Price: $99.00
Closing Costs paid by- BUYER: $199.00
Transfer Fee paid by- BUYER: $65.00
2021 maintenance dues/fees: $912.66
Total amount due at closing: $363.00

Attachments

• HGVC 1BR ODD.JPG
    HGVC 1BR ODD.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 34

KDaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Enclave
PASSED
Purchase Date: April 2020
Size: 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Lockoff (Studio Standard + 1 Bedroom Grand)
WESTGATE PROPERTY - This ownership is a FULL WEEK at the resort EVERY EVEN YEAR and does not come with HGVC Points.
Week: Floats Weeks: 1-52
Annual or Biennial: EVEN Year Usage
Buyers First Year of Use: 2020
Annual Dues Begin: 2020
Purchase & Closing Costs
Purchase Price: $250.00
Closing Costs paid by- BUYER: $199.00
Transfer Fee paid by- BUYER: $65.00
2020 Maintenance Fee Due: $608.00 ((50% Off 2020 MF)
Total closing costs: $1,122.00

KDaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Enclave
PASSED
Purchase Date: July 2021
Size: 3500 POINTS ANNUAL
Annual or Biennial: EVERY Year Usage
Buyers First Year of Use: 2021
Annual Dues Begin: 2021
Purchase & Closing Costs
Purchase Price: $650.00
Closing Costs paid by- BUYER: $425.00
HGVC Transfer Fee paid by- BUYER: $429.00
Broker Fee: $150.00
2021 Maintenance Fee Due: $662.59
Total closing costs: $2,316.59

Attachments

• HGVC 3500 pts annual.JPG
    HGVC 3500 pts annual.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 28

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
So a total of two Elara weeks per year, one HGVC and the other Westgate?

ETA: What season is the HGVC deed?

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Coworker offered $12,000 for an HGVC Ocean 22, 3 BR Plus, July 30, this month. HGVC bought it back.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Coworker offered $12,000 for an HGVC Ocean 22, 3 BR Plus, July 30, this month. HGVC bought it back.

The South Carolina resorts were financed by Strand Capitol and they have been very aggressive with their ROFR. Some have reported that they have even taken back EOY gold deeds. When I was looking to purchase back in the spring, a couple of the well know brokers told me very little was passing ROFR in South Carolina.