• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RHC Due diligence - How?

JillChang

Reaction score
Finally bought my first resale RHC from myresortnetwork, the contract says I have to do my own dur diligence, how do I do that?

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jill,

What did you buy exactly and what did you pay for it?

With RHC, you really should do your due diligence BEFORE you purchase.
You should get from the seller:
Contract # / Membership number
Type of contract - # of points or week usable.
Expiry year since RHC is RTU
MF amount for 2006
when is MF paid up to...
Special assessment if any and not there is a SA due Jan 15, 2006.
Banked points available if any

Then call RHC, new member services and say you are in the process of buying a RHC resale and give them the contract # and verify the information.
You need to check if the membership info matches and if all fees are current.

Hope this helps,
Mary

JillChang

Reaction score
MaryH said:
Jill,

What did you buy exactly and what did you pay for it?

With RHC, you really should do your due diligence BEFORE you purchase.
You should get from the seller:
Contract # / Membership number
Type of contract - # of points or week usable.
Expiry year since RHC is RTU
MF amount for 2006
when is MF paid up to...
Special assessment if any and not there is a SA due Jan 15, 2006.
Banked points available if any

Then call RHC, new member services and say you are in the process of buying a RHC resale and give them the contract # and verify the information.
You need to check if the membership info matches and if all fees are current.

Hope this helps,
Mary

Thanks, it helps. The only information I don't have is the contract #/membership #. I also don't know of any SA. I will ask the seller.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jill, I own RHC points contract(s) and in Oct of last year, RHC announced that they will charge a special assessment to cover Wilma demages of all members, not just the MX owners. I think it was $170 for 15K, $240 for 30K, etc. for the special assessment.

Sorry, forgot to say you also need to get previous owners name in addition to the contract # and membership #. I have occassionally be able to find info without knowing the name but some reps insisted on knowing it or difficult to find info sometimes.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
RHC can be VERY tricky to deal with, right Mary? They are known for tacking on back fees ranging in the hundreds of dollars and will not transfer title until they are paid for. They are also known for their shoddy bookkeeping and you will get 5 different answers from 5 different reps and nothing in writing. What did you buy and how much did you pay, first off? Call the seller and get ALL his info and then log into RHC and triple check all account balances and paid amounts. This is searchable if seller gives you his ID and passwword- if he does not have one have him log in and creat an account and you will be able to check in two or three days. Print everything you see for your records and whatever you pay RHC (it is $350 to transfer the title) pay it with a credit card and then print out/save your statement. I closed my own RHC purchase but it was a nightmare. I would pay a closing agent were I to do it again. (I only paid $500 for 15K points,15K bonus points, 4 years of RCI plus a banked week I traded for Atlantic City in July) I already had 15K points I bought from Holiday Group so this gives me 30K a year. It is worth it now as I have two 4-day ressies in NYC this summer but what a HUGE pain. Mary- how are your contracts going? Mine are unified...

JillChang

Reaction score
Blondie said:
RHC can be VERY tricky to deal with, right Mary? They are known for tacking on back fees ranging in the hundreds of dollars and will not transfer title until they are paid for. They are also known for their shoddy bookkeeping and you will get 5 different answers from 5 different reps and nothing in writing. What did you buy and how much did you pay, first off? Call the seller and get ALL his info and then log into RHC and triple check all account balances and paid amounts. This is searchable if seller gives you his ID and passwword- if he does not have one have him log in and creat an account and you will be able to check in two or three days. Print everything you see for your records and whatever you pay RHC (it is $350 to transfer the title) pay it with a credit card and then print out/save your statement. I closed my own RHC purchase but it was a nightmare. I would pay a closing agent were I to do it again. (I only paid $500 for 15K points,15K bonus points, 4 years of RCI plus a banked week I traded for Atlantic City in July) I already had 15K points I bought from Holiday Group so this gives me 30K a year. It is worth it now as I have two 4-day ressies in NYC this summer but what a HUGE pain. Mary- how are your contracts going? Mine are unified...

15k points for $500, no bonus points or banked weeks :( , plus closing fee, resort transfer fee, and MF. seller did not mention any SA, I will find out. I am not sure if he will give me the online account access, perhaps he can give me a print out of his account.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Jill- without that info you will be powerless to argue any additional RHC charges. Insist on it. Online access will tell you everything you need to know-there is even a link to download any loan info and that is critical to check. If he is really security conscious he can change his password after he gives you a look at the account. MF is around $425 and transfer is around $350 special assessment is $170.
good Luck Blondie

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
oops- I see you are using a closing service. that is good!

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had online access when I purchased -- all records showed $0.00 due, maintenance fees up-to-date, etc. RHC confirmed this information verbally on more than one occasion.

A year later, RHC found that the 2003 maintenance fee had not been paid. Apparently, they credited the 2004 fee to 2004, and the 2005 fee to 2005, without ever noticing that the 2003 fee had never been paid. Hmmmm....

They were holding my Easter week reservation at Two Hyde Park (London) hostage ... said they would cancel it unless I came up with the 2003 payment. I bought from Holiday Group -- they paid it, not me, so it all worked out in the end. But, it definitely proved that you can't rely on the website or verbal conversations. I would attempt to obtain a written statement from RHC.

I wonder what they would do if you added an addendum/schedule to the transfer contract.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Many Tuggers here have had the same problem and as a whole we are fairly savvy- so imagine what they do to other owners. You can argue until you are blue but, end result, they will not reserve your week if you do not pay up. I got stuck for some mystery amount of $165- it started out as $420 or something but seller and I argued it down. My Holiday Group buy went cleanly. I question the legality of transfering a title and then, a year later, deciding it is not clear at all.

JillChang

Reaction score
Well, thanks everyone, this seller has no online account. I called RHC, and everything sounds ok. So, hopefully everything is fine.

Thanks for all your input. I bought another two resales, a 20K and a 7.5K, I will then ask you guys on how to combine them :D

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
JillChang said:
Thanks for all your input. I bought another two resales, a 20K and a 7.5K, I will then ask you guys on how to combine them :D

Call and ask to transfer them, make sure they send you a form to combine them. That should take them a couple of months. After you send them the filled out form, plan on waiting anywhere from six months to a year and a half before they are actually combined, during which time you will be paying separate annual fees on each.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jill, send me an email and I will give you some info regarding the unifying of the contracts. I just did it and it took 3 months. It would have been done much sooner but the seller's loan info was what held up the process as RHC did not have the msot corrent info.

Reaction score
RHC Combine Harvester

Hi Jill:

Now I may be mistaken, but I do not believe so.

RCH does NOT allow separate contract combinations.

That means:
1. That your annual admin fees (pointswise) will be higher.
2. That you may have to pay the Wilma fee for each contract.
3. That you may have to pay each extraordinary fee for each contract
(recently the extraordinary fees are not so uncommon".
4. Please correct me if I turn out to be wrong.

John
Visit my website

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JoeMid

royalholidayclubbed said:
Hi Jill:
Now I may be mistaken, but I do not believe so.
RCH does NOT allow separate contract combinations.
John
RCH may not allow it but RHC does, as you have implied, their admin and customer service is poor but it can be done. Unifying contracts reduces the per point maintenance fee and other extrordinary fees. Do you think Blondie is just dreaming?
Blondie said:
Jill, send me an email and I will give you some info regarding the unifying of the contracts. I just did it and it took 3 months. It would have been done much sooner but the seller's loan info was what held up the process as RHC did not have the msot corrent info.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

You are wrong. Many of us here have bought separate contracts and combined them. Their administration is screwed up, but RHC is an amazing deal for those of us lucky enough to have found them on the resale market. For those of you who bought direct from the developer, just like with almost every other timeshare out there, you paid way too much for an interest that is worth a heck of a lot less.

In the case of RHC, when you buy, you have to presume that it will be worthless as a resale, and purchase with that understanding.

danmac156

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Holiday Club Billing / Administrative Problems

I bought two memberships in 2005. The first one I closed on in june and paid my 2006 maintenance fees so I could book reservations for April. This was a 40K contract so I paid $790 MF. I finally got the two contracts
unified in September. At that time I paid $200 for 2006 maintenace fees for a total of $990. This is the correct fee for my combined 70,000 points. It makes sense.

In early December I discovered the special assesment online plus new charges for 2006 maintenance fees. I paid the special assessment but my account still shows that the only credit I have received is the $200 I paid in September. I have sent multiple emails with no rsponse. When I call by phone the RHC reps acknowledge my account should not show a balance and say they have reqested a correction which has to be processed in "another area of the company" They admit they are having problems. I was originally told it would take a week to correct. That was 7 weeks ago.
The maintenance fees have gone up to $1040 but I was told the $990 would be honored since I paid before the increase.

I now have late charges showing up on my account to make matters worse. The reps tell me not to worry but I have 5 reservations I am afraid will get cancelled.

Any suggestions??

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
danmac156 said:
Any suggestions?

Pray?

Try asking for Ricardo ... I'm not sure if that his first name or his last name (first, I think) ... I just remember I kept thinking of Ricky Ricardo when I spoke to him! He handled my bookkeeping fiasco -- I'm pretty sure he's in that "other area of the company" they're speaking about.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
danmac156 said:
Any suggestions??

Pay the extra money and assume that you will not get it back.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blondie said:
Mary- how are your contracts going? Mine are unified...

Hi Blondie,

Sorry busy at work so have not been on that much in the last week and somehow missed the thread until the summarized mail came through.

The transfers to my names finally finished for the last of 5 contract end of Dec or beginning of Jan and I can see each individual contracts online. The other 4 I bought from Holiday Group went smoothly. This last one was purchased from a broker as part of a package deal for a decent price but I had to pay 2005 fees and late fees. I did that in Sept and they had all the paperwork then, told me that the transfer was in progress and I was following up every 2-3 weeks after mid-Oct. They told me at the end of November that they LOST my transfer papers and can I fax it again. I told them that RHC told me they had it and every thing was okay and if there was an issue why did they leave 2.5 months before informing me? David finally finally help to locate it for me and the tranfer went through about a month after that.

The reunification process has started in early Jan but no progress yet and I cannot make any reservations since I need to pay M/F and SA but not willing to pay on the individual contracts when I have 1x30K and 4x15K contracts. The late fees has started to accumulate and I am not a happy camper since several messages / email were not returned. Not working from home a couple of days a week these days, I cannot leave it on dial and hold and just continue working...

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blondie said:
Many Tuggers here have had the same problem and as a whole we are fairly savvy- so imagine what they do to other owners. You can argue until you are blue but, end result, they will not reserve your week if you do not pay up. I got stuck for some mystery amount of $165- it started out as $420 or something but seller and I argued it down. My Holiday Group buy went cleanly. I question the legality of transfering a title and then, a year later, deciding it is not clear at all.

Hi Blondie,

They don't actually transfer title, just membership and that is why RHC make you sign a notarized letter about the fees so they are always in the right :eek: :rolleyes:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score

John
www.royalholidayclubbed.com
10 years unhappily an RHC member!
There is no value-for-money with RHC.

John,

You have not been been able to do so but that does not mean it cannot be done. I had to talk to about 3-4 reps before I can find one that tells me it can be done and one tried to tell me it can be done but there was a charge and I tried again and found someone who told me it can be done without charge.

You have my sympathies if you bought it from RHC. I guess you just have to use it for the good weeks like London, New York or San Francisco which are good values.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Mary- Good point. Well, I stopped in for a quick looksee at the Dumont in NYC this weekend. It is lovely. Today I called RHC and was able to upgrade to the Pres unit (I had a studio reserved for August as that was all they had at that time) and I am happy. My husband was very impressed with my RHC purchase. I hope your contracts are all unified by now Mary. David worked hard for me and finally all is squared away. Lynda

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
RHC will now only reunify 3 contracts or try to sell you another 5k contractfrom them

Hi Lynda,

I am a little unhappy right now. I finally got David on the phone after leaving messages off and on about 4 times in 2 weeks to check on the reunification.

He called back saying that the rules for reunification was changed by management and told they cannot reunify 5 contracts but will ONLY reunify 3 contracts only. They will only reunify the contract for all five contracts if I purchase from them 5K points. I might have considered it seriously at one point but not after the problems I have had in Nov/Dec and RHC trying to change the rules on me. Apparently they have been putting on hold the larger reunifications since mid-Nov and he did not inform me of the changes in status and that I was on hold. I called and asked about reunification before I agreed to purchase the additinoal 2x15K rather than only the 1x15K from Holiday group back in Oct. They are not honouring the old rules which they stated.

I am not a happy camper since part of the delay was due to the fact that they "lost" one of my transfers for about 3-4 months despite repeat assurances things are in progress. I am trying to reunify it in 2 bunches with a view to my sister and I splitting our RHC memberships.

Mary

Last edited:

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Mary- Sorry to hear that. I did have some trouble as you know- but I finally got it fixed. I think if you unify what you have and your sister unifies the others you will still be fine, albeit paying a little more in Maint fees. You bought smart so you will still have good value in the end. I got my two reservations for NYC and since that was my goal all along I am happy. Good luck to you. Lynda