• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Revolution System for Changing Reservations

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I spoke with HGVC today about Changing Reservations using the Revolution System instead of the Classic System. They know the Revolution System is slower, however, they feel it is better. I strongly urged them to allow reservation changes using the Classic System. Furthermore, I indicated that the compiling of all the reservation information for all the resorts for 365 days when one is only interested in one resort for a period of time wasted computer capability and slowed down the system. They indicated that my comments would be given up the line and to their IBM contractor that is doing the IT work for them.

Everyone should call and ask for the Classic System for reservation changes. You may want to indicate that the compiling of all inventory is a waste of time if you know where you want to go and approximately when you want to go.

Hopefully HGVC will listen to us and make the system faster and better for all.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
I spoke with HGVC today about Changing Reservations using the Revolution System instead of the Classic System. They know the Revolution System is slower, however, they feel it is better. I strongly urged them to allow reservation changes using the Classic System. Furthermore, I indicated that the compiling of all the reservation information for all the resorts for 365 days when one is only interested in one resort for a period of time wasted computer capability and slowed down the system. They indicated that my comments would be given up the line and to their IBM contractor that is doing the IT work for them.

Everyone should call and ask for the Classic System for reservation changes. You may want to indicate that the compiling of all inventory is a waste of time if you know where you want to go and approximately when you want to go.

Hopefully HGVC will listen to us and make the system faster and better for all.

Saying one can use it to change a reservation is still a little misleading. One can use it to switch a reservation with a completely new one, but not to alter an existing one without giving it up first.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167965

jestme

Reaction score
The best way to get their attention is to call for reservation information 5 times a day instead of using Revolution, and let them know that you will continue to call because you will not use the system as it is. This will increase their call volume, their call costs, and complaints for poor service, which they will notice. Getting through to the IT gods is useless, that is their baby and they will protect it to keep their jobs. The reason HGVC thinks it's better is because they are still paying for it and it's upgrading as part of IBM's long term plan for them. It takes very senior management to take an expensive project and flush it even if it doesn't work well.
Also the reservation people do not use either of the systems we get access to, so they have n experience with it. As you say, getting a years worth of detailed info for today's resorts is dumb, and is only going to get worse as they add more locations.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The best way to get their attention is to call for reservation information 5 times a day instead of using Revolution, and let them know that you will continue to call because you will not use the system as it is. This will increase their call volume, their call costs, and complaints for poor service, which they will notice. Getting through to the IT gods is useless, that is their baby and they will protect it to keep their jobs. The reason HGVC thinks it's better is because they are still paying for it and it's upgrading as part of IBM's long term plan for them. It takes very senior management to take an expensive project and flush it even if it doesn't work well.
Also the reservation people do not use either of the systems we get access to, so they have n experience with it. As you say, getting a years worth of detailed info for today's resorts is dumb, and is only going to get worse as they add more locations.

Their likely answer will be increased club dues to cover the costs of the calls rather than addressing the real problem.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Changing Reservations with the Revolution System

Saying one can use it to change a reservation is still a little misleading. One can use it to switch a reservation with a completely new one, but not to alter an existing one without giving it up first.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167965

I extended an existing reservation the other day by one day using the Revolution System and then I shortened it the next day without a problem except that it takes about 2 minutes of compiling time versus about 10 seconds using the Classic System.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I extended an existing reservation the other day by one day using the Revolution System and then I shortened it the next day without a problem except that it takes about 2 minutes of compiling time versus about 10 seconds using the Classic System.

It doesn't show my existing reservation in green. There's not a way to select all or part of my existing days, or if an additional day was open to select it along with my existing days. It's likely your reservation had another unit available with the same days open so it was selectable for you.

HatTrick

Reaction score
Same here. My existing reservation doesn't show in green. Nor are the dates correct when Revolution starts--it shows check-in and check-out one day early. HGVC's response? "IT can't seem to fix the problem but attached is a confirmation of your reservation with the correct dates." Like I didn't get one when I made the reservation in the first place.

:crash: :crash: :crash: :crash:

Joke of the Day:

Revolution.gif

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Same here. My existing reservation doesn't show in green. Nor are the dates correct when Revolution starts--it shows check-in and check-out one day early.

Same here.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Changing Reservations in Revolution System

I don't know if I just have the magic touch or that my complaint with Hilton has made the changing of reservations in the Revolution System work, however, I changed 4 reservations over the last two days without any problems.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know if I just have the magic touch or that my complaint with Hilton has made the changing of reservations in the Revolution System work, however, I changed 4 reservations over the last two days without any problems.

They must have fixed the system just for you. Congrats.

Again, if the unit size and dates are available in multiple units, you may change your reservation. If the date and unit are sold out, your reservation dates do not appear and you are not able to select your current reservation or a portion thereof.

This is especially noticeable for those of us who have reservations at limited availability resorts. Specifically, I have a Thanksgiving reservation at HHV I want to add a day to. When the day comes available, I can't add it. Only the day to add is in green, not my current reservation plus the additional day. If I wanted to decrease the length of the reservation, I could not, because my reservation is not showing up in green to select a smaller portion of the reservation.

Still not fixed.

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
still a glitch

Tried changing an existing reservation today. After revolution loaded, where it displays the details of the reservation you are about to change, it had the ci/co dates one day off, correct duration of stay, just skewed one day earlier than the actual reservation I was changing.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tried to do another Reservation Change and Couldn"t

I tried to add another night and I couldn't without canceling the reservation today. I called Hilton to complain and they said they were putting in the complaint to the IT people. When I asked them what I should do they said call the desk when you can't extend a reservation. What a pain!

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if part of the change is to do exactly that, prevent adding a day to your reservation (without risk of losing the original reservation)?

I'm sure some of you have done this where the ultimate goal was actually to get 7 Nights at a High Demand location such as HHV. You initially reserve the minimum 3 Night reservation at EXACTLY 9 Months out @ 12 Midnight ET. Then each night at 12 Midnight ET, you add one day and repeat until you get the full reservation you actually wanted. I have done this very successfully in the past and now wonder if one would be able to work this with the new system? It was a great way to "work" the system to your advantage...

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

HatTrick

Reaction score
Update

"Peggy" still is at odds with my confirmed reservation, displaying the check-in and check-out dates one day earlier. :crash:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
"Peggy" still is at odds with my confirmed reservation, displaying the check-in and check-out dates one day earlier. :crash:

I intend to advise anyone who announces an intent to attend at HGVC presentation to use "Revolution" issues (and other Hilton grievances), as a basis for saying no... Not that I expect it will go much higher than sales-peep level.