• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changeable Reservation Glitch

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The introduction of the Revolution system for changeable reservations has a persistent glitch that is not being addressed.

When attempting a changeable reservation, the existing reservation does not show up (example below), which prevents one from adding to the existing reservation or reducing the days in an existing reservation. For the time being, it appears changeable reservations require changing to an entirely new reservation to the exclusion of the dates and unit size in the existing reservation (without calling HGVC).

In the example my check-in is on Nov 18 for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom. I cannot reduce this to 4 nights. Nor could I add another night if available.

revolution.png

And, while we're at it, the Revolution portion shows my reservation a day off in both directions. My check-in is Nov. 18 and check-out is Nov. 23. Revolution shows this:

error.png

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I've been having the same problem for a couple of weeks, although the dates are OK when it shows my original reservation. There's no button to click to change the reservation even though I can change the dates at the top. Will have to call as soon as I get time while the call center is open; it's not urgent yet.

Give me the Classic system back. It plain works!

Last edited:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

Yeah, that's about it being "buggy". This is a specific issue with the system that appears to be by design. The idea is to have a changeable reservation, yet you can't do that for how a majority of us complete a changeable reservation.

I called HGVC and no one seems to think anything is wrong with it.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
There's an old problem that existed with the reservation system that I don't think ever got fixed :rolleyes:

Problem:
The reservation system excludes your existing reservation when determining availability for the new reservation.

Workaround Solution:
Release your existing reservation by changing to a completely different set of dates and then go back to rebook the dates you really want.

Options:
You can either wait until the HGVC Club desk opens for them to do this or try to do it yourself via the changeable reservation option by confirming completely different dates at any resort (however I would only try this at an odd hour when it's less likely folks would be on the system) then immediately go back to the original dates that you were trying to book and confirm the dates you want (if it's truly available).

Here's a link to the old thread where this was discussed - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94937 (see posts 26 & 35)

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Release your existing reservation by changing to a completely different set of dates and then go back to rebook the dates you really want.

And risk losing your dates altogether when there is no availability for months at that location. No thanks.

Last edited:

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got off of the phone with elite services and i am told that I am the only person having this issue. Sad part is the CSR's don't even understand what I am trying to tell them.

I lost the XMAS portion of my reservation canceling and rebooking last night and I am quite annoyed with HGVC.

Revolution is buggy and extremely slow. I will take classic back all day long.

Matt

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
And risk losing your dates altogether when there is no
availability for months at that location. No thanks.

Yes, there is a risk but when no other rooms are left, you really don't have a choice.

I had to do this on more than one occasion while making my Lagoon Tower reservations but I've always used the Classic System to make the changes and I've always made the change during odd hours.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I just got off of the phone with elite services and i am told that I am the only person having this issue. Sad part is the CSR's don't even understand what I am trying to tell them.

I lost the XMAS portion of my reservation canceling and rebooking last night and I am quite annoyed with HGVC.

Revolution is buggy and extremely slow. I will take classic back all day long.

Matt

I would never take the chance using the Revolution system due to the slow response time. Is the Classic System no longer available to make changeable reservations?

HatTrick

Reaction score
I've always made the change during odd hours.

That's a very US-centric point of view. ;)

Is the Classic System no longer available to make changeable reservations?

Currently, when you click Change after selecting your existing reservation, the Revolution system loads. There is no option to choose Classic. :crash:

(Actually, just tested it and the Revolution background loads but nothing else. So, at this moment there is no way to change a reservation online. :doh: )

Update: Background loading and nothing else is what happens with the Firefox, Chrome, and IE browsers. With Opera, Revolution loads, but not without numerous security warnings. Oh, and the reservation dates are still off by one day...

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Currently, when you click Change after selecting your existing reservation, the Revolution system loads. There is no option to choose Classic. :crash:

(Actually, just tested it and the Revolution background loads but nothing else. So, at this moment there is no way to change a reservation online. :doh: )

Update: Background loading and nothing else is what happens with the Firefox, Chrome, and IE browsers. With Opera, Revolution loads, but not without numerous security warnings. Oh, and the reservation dates are still off by one day...

OMG!! :annoyed:
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
We may need to start up a TUG campaign to ask members to send written complaints to HGVC

Last edited:

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told it was just me

Gotta love HGVC when something goes wrong

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

HatTrick

Reaction score
To be fair, if you set aside the slow loading speed and the glitches with existing reservations, Revolution does have some nice features. When you click "view gallery" for the selected resort, there's a lot of nice information like photos and floor plans and directions from the airport. All great items for those new to HGVC or to a particular resort.

What HGVC needs to understand, though, is that experienced members don't usually want or need the fluff. That's why Classic must stay as an option.

As one of the original HGVC members once said,

patrick-henry.jpg

"Give me Classic, or give me death!"

(Thought he'd be in favor of Revolution, didn't you?)

Last edited:

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC response, yada, yada, yada.............

Thank you for contacting us. The I.T. department has been made aware of a glitch in the system regarding the change reservation as you have described and is working towards resolving this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you again.

Samuel Rodriguez

E-Commerce Counselor II

E-Mail Communication

HatTrick

Reaction score
I got a similar message after reporting that Revolution shows the wrong dates for my existing reservation. Despite what the message says, the problem hasn't been resolved. :shrug:

Thank you for contacting us. I have reported the issue and it has been resolved. Thank you again.

Samuel Rodriguez
E-Commerce Counselor II
E-Mail Communication