• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Return Vacation Program

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I'm currently on a business trip to Las Vegas. I happen to own a week at Marriott's Grand Château. Since I hadn't been here before (bought resale), I booked a hotel room to check it out. I don't know the tower, but I'm on the 32nd floor in a newly renovated room. Everything is great so far.

I wanted to look at the 3BR so I talked with the vacation counselor as the sales office was closed for the day. She was kind enough to show me the model. During the conversation she brought up the "Return Vacation Package" (not the Encore package) they have at the moment. I leave in a couple days and need to decide before I leave.

There are several price points depending on where you want to stay. Here's the summary:
$199 - 4 days, 3 nights - Vegas, Orlando, San Diego
$299 - 4 days, 3 nights - Tahoe, Palm Desert, Singer Island (other FL locations), Park City, Phoenix, Vail, DC
$399 - 4 days, 3 nights - HHI, Myrtle Beach, Newport Coast
$499 - 4 days, 3 nights - NY
$799 - 6 days, 5 nights - Big Island, Kauai, Oahu

There are 3 black out months in Phoenix (Feb-Apr) and 3 in Myrtle Beach (Jun, Jul, Aug) and surcharge months in other locations during high season.

$99 deposit holds the prices. Choose location and pay remaining fee at time of reservation. Same price regardless of check in date. Can add on days (cost varies based on location). You have to attend an owner's update, but you get 20K MR points or $100 gift card. Seems like a good deal overall. Before I pull the trigger, I'd like Tuggers thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They put you up in a studio for their promotions. If you are good with that and also willing to be subject to their sales presentation. If not, just pass.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
They put you up in a studio for their promotions. If you are good with that and also willing to be subject to their sales presentation. If not, just pass.

Some of the locations listed only have non-lockoff 2BR units (HHI, Myrtle Beach, Newport Coast, and maybe others), so there, if they host you in the MVC resort, you would not be stuck in a studio.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Good point about the studio, but that statement is partially true according to the paper detailing the program. Depending on location, you get either a "standard hotel room", "guestroom", or "2-bedroom villa". If used at Newport Coast, Myrtle Beach, or Hilton Head, you get a 2BR villa. Newport and HH interest me the most. While I'm willing to endure the presentation, I know my DW would be happy if we never endure another one.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
We were at Ko Olina (our home resort) and were offered the same promotion and decided to take advantage of the offer. You can visit any Marriott property within 12 months or have 24 months if you decide to go back to Grand Chateau. The only downside thus far has been being double charged the $99, though the additional was quickly refunded, and the never ending calls to my wife encouraging her to book before inventory is gone. I'm not looking forward to the 90 minute sales presentation but I'll survive.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Some of the locations listed only have non-lockoff 2BR units (HHI, Myrtle Beach, Newport Coast, and maybe others), so there, if they host you in the MVC resort, you would not be stuck in a studio.
JIMinNC, I'm jealous of your upcoming trips...I'd be interested in your thoughts comparing Barony with MGO (and Surfwatch if you've been there).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it possible that in some cases they put you in a nearby hotel and not the MVCI property? So in places like HHI and Myrtle Beach, you may be at the Marriott hotel in a standard hotel room, not in a 2BR at one of the MVC properties.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Is it possible that in some cases they put you in a nearby hotel and not the MVCI property? So in places like HHI and Myrtle Beach, you may be at the Marriott hotel in a standard hotel room, not in a 2BR at one of the MVC properties.
Not according to the paper handed out (and the vacation counselor...I know, I know). The paper specifically states 2-bedroom villa for Newport, MB, and HHI.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
JIMinNC, I'm jealous of your upcoming trips...I'd be interested in your thoughts comparing Barony with MGO (and Surfwatch if you've been there).

So far, we've only been to Barony (twice), so I can't offer comparisons. Next year will be our first exposure to Harbour Point and Grande Ocean.

This thread from BocaBoy is probably the best head-to-head comparison of the HHI resorts. It is one person's opinion, but it covers them all:
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/report-on-five-weeks-in-hilton-head.223428/

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not according to the paper handed out (and the vacation counselor...I know, I know). The paper specifically states 2-bedroom villa for Newport, MB, and HHI.

As long as you have it in writing... :) I had been to one of those promotions many years ago, I don't remember which one and I told them that I would only take minimum of 1BR because my son was travelling with us. We showed up and we were given a studio.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious about mention of San Diego. Where does Marriott have a timeshare there?