• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

restaurants recommendation in New York Midtown

wmjnbl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara: 1 BR Grand Plus - Platinum
Here are a few recommendations from our May 2023 stay at West 57th:

Keens Steakhouse-Herald Square Theater District

Ocean Prime-Mid Town

Ichiran-Times Square

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
Here are a few recommendations from our May 2023 stay at West 57th:

Keens Steakhouse-Herald Square Theater District
Keens looks great. Will have the check it out. Ocean Prime is a chain, I think.

HedonisticEpicurean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
*Kings Land - 2 weeks
*Phoenician - 3 weeks
*Table Rock (RCI) - 2 w
*St. Regis NY - 4 w
*La Pacifica - 1 week
My favorite is Dim Sum Palace. Their dim sum menu is 50% off on weekdays from 3-5 for happy hour.
Ate at Dim Sum Palace on 46th before Christmas. A good quick choice before or after theater. Double check on the 50% off happy hour. A local was seated behind us and was irate that they stopped the 50% off as of 12/21/23. I overheard but didn't ask questions. We were charged full price and we arrived at 4:30 right after a musical matinee.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Ate at Dim Sum Palace on 46th before Christmas. A good quick choice before or after theater. Double check on the 50% off happy hour. A local was seated behind us and was irate that they stopped the 50% off as of 12/21/23. I overheard but didn't ask questions. We were charged full price and we arrived at 4:30 right after a musical matinee.

I had checked out their website and they only advertised the dim sum happy hour for one location - 123 William Street.

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Centum+ w/ bHC NYC: W57th, The Residences; HGVC: Maui Bay, and Grand Islander; HVC: Cabo Azul
Angelo's Coal on W 57th, Original Soup on W 55th for soup (duh), and Lobster Rolls, and Ellen's Starlight (Broadway and 51st) - never been to Ellen's but it can't be all bad, there's always a queue.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Angelo's Coal on W 57th, Original Soup on W 55th for soup (duh), and Lobster Rolls, and Ellen's Starlight (Broadway and 51st) - never been to Ellen's but it can't be all bad, there's always a queue.
Haven't been to Ellen's, but there is not a lot of love for it with folks who live in NYC. Definitely a tourist place. Average food but the entertainment is supposed to be fun.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town

Loi Estiatorio I believe it is on 58th very near the 57th street property. Great Greek food and not crazy expensive. Nice family runs the place. I can't get good greek cooking where I live so that is my go to place.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
The on site restaurant at The Quin, Acadia, is open now. Haven’t tried it yet ourselves — if either of you do, let us know how it is. We usually eat around Restaurant Row or down in the Village.
we reserved for our trip next month. it's gotten great reviews so far and can't beat the location.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
we reserved for our trip next month. it's gotten great reviews so far and can't beat the location.
We have Acadia reserved for an upcoming trip at the end of this month/beginning of March. Hope they’ll let us charge to the room.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to Ellen's, but there is not a lot of love for it with folks who live in NYC. Definitely a tourist place. Average food but the entertainment is supposed to be fun.
This is it. Go for the experience, not the food. We've been once and that was enough. But worth doing once. Like Bourbon Street in New Orleans in the evening (really interesting in mornings and we go regularly).

Our favorite restaurant, though, is the lounge at W. 57th :)

Cheers.

Last edited:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Great to here it is open again. Sadly the last time I was there it was closed and the lobby had some construction going on. Not a great experience. Supposedly there will be (or is) a lobby bar with the restaurant, great addition as well.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
We go down to Dirt Candy each time we’re up there. Usually stop by Superbueno first for a cocktail now as well. We also like a variety of other spots like Sicily Osteria & Molyvos. We’ve started using InKind, which gets us some discounts.
Thank you for the InKind tip. My husband just took our girls out for a late lunch, and couldn't believe it worked to get $50 off ($100 or more) at Sinigual -- their Mexican food was fantastic and just a 15 min walk from The Central at 5th. With their happy-hour prices, you actually feel guilty getting an extra discount.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Thank you for the InKind tip. My husband just took our girls out for a late lunch, and couldn't believe it worked to get $50 off ($100 or more) at Sinigual -- their Mexican food was fantastic and just a 15 min walk from The Central at 5th. With their happy-hour prices, you actually feel guilty getting an extra discount.
You're quite welcome! There's an AMEX offer of $100 off the $100 subscription feature for InKind that gets you $50 off a $150 meal once a month and a 20% credit back from all visits - we go out enough that it's worth it to us.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
You're quite welcome! There's an AMEX offer of $100 off the $100 subscription feature for InKind that gets you $50 off a $150 meal once a month and a 20% credit back from all visits - we go out enough that it's worth it to us.
My Canadian Amex cards don't have an offer for InKind, but fortunately the app didn't mind our CDN credit card.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i can see the 20% off but not the $50 off $150 monthly

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i can see the 20% off but not the $50 off $150 monthly
It's a feature they added in InKind about two months ago. Typically you see individual restaurants or restaurant groups having specific discounts but InKind went with doing it for all of them on a monthly basis for subscribers. It certainly doesn't hurt having it, particularly in NYC where it's easy to get to $150....

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I haven’t yet signed up but I did activate the promo at Amex. That said I’m not eager to share my personal info for 20% off a bill; but $50 off $150 might just tempt me! [We’ve already established what I am; now we’re just haggling over price…]