• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

restaurants recommendation in New York Midtown

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked a few days at West 57th Street for the New Year's. I am looking for any restaurant recommendations in Midtown.

Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
We booked a few days at West 57th Street for the New Year's. I am looking for any restaurant recommendations in Midtown.

Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
I will be at the Quinn tomorrow so looking for recos also!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The on site restaurant at The Quin, Acadia, is open now. Haven’t tried it yet ourselves — if either of you do, let us know how it is. We usually eat around Restaurant Row or down in the Village.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I bookmarked this thread. If you haven't seen it, you may want to take a peek at the suggestions.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
We love Kin Ramen (129 W 56th St). Menu goes beyond ramen and has a modern take on most dishes. Great cozy/hip atmosphere and decor, interesting cocktail menu too.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Angelo's Coal Oven Pizzeria, with two locations.
Junior's Restaurant and Bakery, with a few locations. You can also get delivery, which is really hazardous when you want a slab of cheesecake late at night. :p

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
One of our favorites, and we've been going every year for almost 10 years, is Nocello on 55th between Broadway and 8th. A friend who used to live in NYC and still visited frequently (as his mother still live there) recommended it. Very good Italian food and the prices aren't crazy.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Junior's Restaurant and Bakery, with a few locations. You can also get delivery, which is really hazardous when you want a slab of cheesecake late at night. :p
I've never seen the big fascination with Junior's. But I'm not a cheesecake fan. That said we have eaten there quite a few times, usually breakfast or lunch, as it is very close to where we usually stay.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
I was in midtown on Saturday and the crowds are worse than I ever remembered. Hopefully it won't be so insane after Christmas. Try to get reservations if you can. I was in Ippudo waiting for takeout and they told guests it was an hour wait. Good luck!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Just thought of another place we really like that is up in the area. PizzArte, on 55th between 5th & 6th. Yes, it's another Italian restaurant. But we usually get pizza there.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Just thought of another place we really like that is up in the area. PizzArte, on 55th between 5th & 6th. Yes, it's another Italian restaurant. But we usually get pizza there.

I have had very good pasta there too. Am planning on trying your rec of Nocello next time. :)

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Quality Italian is outstanding. It is at the corner of 57/6, across the street from The Quin. Definitely need reservation.

Pazza Notte (on 6th between 55th and 56th) is good for casual Italian.

Sean

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in midtown on Saturday and the crowds are worse than I ever remembered....
This year was indeed the busiest I have ever seen it in Midtown. We had guests from out of town who wanted to see the Rockefeller Center Tree and the Saks windows and it was truly insane. 'Revenge travel' has definitely come to NYC in 2023.

Hopefully it won't be so insane after Christmas. Try to get reservations if you can. I was in Ippudo waiting for takeout and they told guests it was an hour wait. Good luck!
Ippudo Westside *is* a great choice...but they don't take ressies and you'll have to wait unless you are willing to eat in-between lunch and dinner.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite is Dim Sum Palace. Their dim sum menu is 50% off on weekdays from 3-5 for happy hour.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
My favorite is Dim Sum Palace. Their dim sum menu is 50% off on weekdays from 3-5 for happy hour.
Where is this located?

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is this located?
They have a lot of locations but the one by W57 is on 56th and 6th so only a few minutes walk. There’s another at 46th and 8th that I usually go to before or after a broadway show.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another place I go to every trip is Crab House on 55th and Lexington. All you can eat seafood/crab for $80. $115 for lobster option which I never tried since my brother is allergic and everyone at table has to order same thing.

Just hop on M57/M31 for about 3 stops and then a few minutes walk.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I rated it 4/5 on Google Maps. My review: Pizza is great. One thing to improve is to cut prosciutto in smaller pieces so it's easier to it. Also, there's a branding issue. The restaurant is proud of their coal oven, which is really cool, but pizza menu is limited. I would expect a specialized pizza place to have a menu of full of house special pizzas. Just look at your neighbors PizzArte which specialize in pizzas and offer around 12 pizzas on the menu.

I would recommend PizzArte. It's a true 5/5. https://maps.app.goo.gl/4FZmQyx83pa1p6kB6

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Really enjoyed breakfast at The Smith. I would try another meal there, great bistro atmosphere and good service, lots of tables so you have a shot at getting in without a reservation. Breakfast every day and a brunch menu on weekends.

The one I went to, was not in midtown, but this is an easy 15 minute walk from West 57th on the upper west-side (Lincoln Square location, 1150 Broadway). They have a midtown location too (956 2nd Ave), but it's a 24 minute walk.
www.thesmithrestaurant.com

Last edited:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
We had a great fixed price lunch at Avra on 48th. My BIL used to travel to NY for work frequently and thought it is one the best deals in the city. We were there in August and sat outside. I had the fish of the day and it was really good.

It’s a little bit of a walk, but your in NYC and that’s what you do.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
Disclaimer: We're foodies, and tend towards more expensive places. My two all-time favorite places to go are https://benjaminsteakhouse.com/nyc and https://www.johnspizzerianyc.com Benjamin has perfectly aged 28 day beef that is a classic example of a great steakhouse. I've left each and every time thinking this place is great. On the opposite end of the culinary spectrum, there's John's of Time Square, which is a unique place with a coal fired oven in each corner, set in an old Church. We like sitting in the former choir loft so we can see all the "happenings" below in the kitchens. Both of these places are definitely worth the flight to NYC just to eat there.

We also had great meals at Jean George's NYC and La Grande Boucherie. Jean George's is wonderful, without a doubt, but sometimes, I don't want to have to put on a suit just to go eat (Jackets and dress shoes required for the guys). Nougatine is the more casual version, and is still very tasty. One of our best meals ever was at Boucherie, but the last time we were there, they were experimenting with some menu changes and we didn't rate them as highly. Congrats to them for trying to keep it fresh and exciting, but it wasn't as polished and refined as our previous experiences. Their burger is actually noteworthy if you want a quick bite. It's' an easy walk from west 57th - maybe two blocks away I think.

I've been waiting to try Saga for a while now, but just can't commit. It's flat rate of $245 each for a party of two.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We go down to Dirt Candy each time we’re up there. Usually stop by Superbueno first for a cocktail now as well. We also like a variety of other spots like Sicily Osteria & Molyvos. We’ve started using InKind, which gets us some discounts.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank everyone for the insights of good restaurants.

I made a few reservations based on your recommendations. It looks like that lot of time slots were already taken for New Year's Eve and New Year' Day.

Happy New Year!!!