• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting Your Extra Weeks [ SCAM: International Resort Club ]

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely start the dispute process asap!

we wish you had found us sooner :(

It never ceases to amaze me how these old threads continue to serve a purpose to hopefully help owners from being scammed!

justaboutme

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen vacations
Please, contact me bc I just found out that I am one more victim… I heard exactly what you and many others heard and now that I call and ask my money back, I heard that I have to rent out my weeks by my self and proof them that I did, for the price that they promise, bc other way I will just lost my money! But I am sure even if I do all this process they will fond other way rin with my money! Every time I call I find out that last call was all lies…
File complaint with attorney general in your state mail out form with all information you can get.file federal trade commision and ic3.gov don't give up i just got my money back also tell them you have filed with all of these.it makes a difference

kneal2222

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
So sorry you got scammed. What is the name of the company?

This is a very common scam. These scammers pretend to provide marketing services for your timeshare rental or sale. It is all a sham as they do nothing after they get the upfront fee. The bogus marketing side of the business is used to keep them out of trouble because they can claim that they didn't steal your money, you just signed a contract for <nonexistent> "marketing" services for your timeshare. The scammers will also stall until you are well past the period in which you could dispute the credit card charges.

My suggestion is to file the complaints as I outlined above. Some scammers never respond to BBB complaints. Some however, do respond to BBB complaints as they want to continue stealing money for as long as they can, and complaints will hurt that. If you rattle the cage enough, they might just refund your money. Filing a complaint with the state Attorney General is also important. Too many people scammed fail to do so and that allows the scammers to continue to fly under the radar.
My husband and I were also scammed out of 2500. We called and called, they refused to refund us and said they were working on renting it out, that we misunderstood the deal, which we didn't. Don't fall for it! Let's bring on a class action suit and get outmr money back!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I were also scammed out of 2500. We called and called, they refused to refund us and said they were working on renting it out, that we misunderstood the deal, which we didn't. Don't fall for it! Let's bring on a class action suit and get outmr money back!
How long ago did this happen? Can you file a dispute with your CC company?

As for a class action suit, that is usually worthless, especially if the perpetrators are located in Mexico.

Reactions: RX8

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
What is the name of the company? Did you file a complaint with the BBB and state Attorney General?