• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting Your Extra Weeks [ SCAM: International Resort Club ]

allicass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BG & RCI
Anyone ever heard of a company called "International Resort Club" this is supposed to be a company that rents out your unused bonus weeks that you may have through RCI or II?
Scam or Legit? They charge you $350 per week (up to 6 weeks) to rent your week/weeks out then claim that within 60-90 days they will have them rented out for $1500-1800 per week?

I tried searching the web and really didn't find anything so I am thinking scam? Anyone else have more experience with this than I?

Anyone ever heard of a company called "International Resort Club" this is supposed to be a company that rents out your unused bonus weeks that you may have through RCI or II?
Scam or Legit? They charge you $350 per week (up to 6 weeks) to rent your week/weeks out then claim that within 60-90 days they will have them rented out for $1500-1800 per week?

I tried searching the web and really didn't find anything so I am thinking scam? Anyone else have more experience with this than I?
Shells, I just went through exactly what you did. Shoulda trusted my gut.

They kept talking about II but then in the closing recording "we are not affiliated with Interval International," and my heart dropped when I realized what I had done. Not looking forward to the fallout of cancelling my cc.

So I registered just to say Thank You for posting this. It was the first result when I searched for "International Resort Group Scam," and thanks to the more knowledgeable members being considerate and helping everyone understand how it works.
Yes, it is definitely a scam—I was scammed by them in 2022 for thousands of dollars. I've been fighting the last six months with my credit card company to get money refunded. I to was contacted in the same way many of you were and convinced that IRC were affiliated with RCI and Bluegreen Resorts, so it turns out this was a complete lie after checking with both corporate offices and learned they do nothing of the sort.

IRC trains representatives to contact resort owners based on information that's pulled from public records and fraudulently pretends to know all about the extra weeks available as an owner then convinces you to activate those weeks at a discounted rate to make them available for booking through IRC’s website for conferences, etc. It’s a part of their scheme, they take your money and then they never contact you—knowing they will never have access to this inventory for a legitimate booking for anyone other than the owner or with Bluegreen--you book as an owner with points or bonus time (you must be there in person for this type of booking regardless).

I'd like to start a class action suit against IRC- international resort club for anyone that has lost monies to IRC. Owners of timeshares that lost money by IRC misrepresenting themselves, if you have had money stolen from you by International Resort Club (IRC) please respond to this e-mail—let’s fight back!

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Yes, it is definitely a scam—I was scammed by them in 2022 for thousands of dollars. I've been fighting the last six months with my credit card company to get money refunded. I to was contacted in the same way many of you were and convinced that IRC were affiliated with RCI and Bluegreen Resorts, so it turns out this was a complete lie after checking with both corporate offices and learned they do nothing of the sort.

IRC trains representatives to contact resort owners based on information that's pulled from public records and fraudulently pretends to know all about the extra weeks available as an owner then convinces you to activate those weeks at a discounted rate to make them available for booking through IRC’s website for conferences, etc. It’s a part of their scheme, they take your money and then they never contact you—knowing they will never have access to this inventory for a legitimate booking for anyone other than the owner or with Bluegreen--you book as an owner with points or bonus time (you must be there in person for this type of booking regardless).

I'd like to start a class action suit against IRC- international resort club for anyone that has lost monies to IRC. Owners of timeshares that lost money by IRC misrepresenting themselves, if you have had money stolen from you by International Resort Club (IRC) please respond to this e-mail—let’s fight back!
Wish you luck and hope you are successful.

Have you reported this to the Florida Attorney General and the BBB?

I am amazed that these scams are allowed to continue for years. It doesn’t take much investigation to know that they are lying through their teeth to get credit card numbers and that they don’t plan on providing any service for the money they collect (steal). It is also common for all of these upstart advertising listing companies to use these very same lies on the phone. If they were a legit business they would tell the truth and advise consumers that they are paying to only advertise their timeshare. I suspect that this is why they didnt send the “contract” to the original OP because it would only point out they are paying to advertise, that they have no renters lined up and only forward potential offers to the owner. They don’t tell the truth because that advertising business model is only used to keep them out of jail because if sued they could point to their website and say this is the advertising service they paid for. Fact is, the website is all for show and is worthless as a true booking site. Any investigator could easily determine that these businesses have no resources set aside for back end processes, such as processing and forwarding offers. Their whole business structure is centered around cold calling for credit card numbers.

Unfortunately, I believe most people scammed simply walk away and take their losses without reporting the company. If everyone scammed filed a complaint with the AG office, the BBB and even the CFPB, these companies would be charged and held accountable much more quickly than they are today.

I have said before that anyone can start an advertising/listing company. When I say anyone that includes criminals, which has happened previously. I feel strongly that word is out that this business model is an almost legit way to steal money with very minimal risk. If you were a criminal, would you want to rob a bank of $10,000 only to have police agencies across the country looking to find you and put you in prison OR start an advertising/listing company and rake in millions of dollars with the risk of maybe some fines, if your feet are ever even brought to fire? The risk is even less because all the scammers need to do is close the business before the heat gets too hot and start over again under a new name.

I’m far from the brightest person on this earth so why can’t the proper authorities see these companies for what they really are and take action against them?

Edited: I looked at their 34 BBB complaints. The company has a standard response that points to the fact that they are an advertising company only which ties into my claim that this is their get out of jail card. They never address in their response the lies that they use on the phone. Here is a portion of one such response.

“We offer a for sale and/or for rent by owner marketing and advertising service. This client paid our company to market and advertise for them. While the advertisement was active, we did provide the service they signed up for. We can provide proof of this.”

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Shady site, I've seen tons of reports about them and their actions, good thing is they still trying to maintain innocence so they try to clean their tracks. Still there are experts who will get your money back if you lost it to them. Write me and let's hit their pockets hard; “deleted” at gmail com

It is guaranteed that your scam “business” is no different than these other scammers - collect upfront fees, use stall tactics then disappear.

Last edited:

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get about 3 of these calls a week. Once I hear, 'I am calling about your' fill in name of timeshare, I hang up.

Baggi

Reaction score
I just posted about this but the company, out of Florida, was called Advanced Travel Network.

Same scam. You sell your extra vacations to them and they rent them out and pay you money for them. However, you have to start by giving them $1,900.
As soon as he said that, I said no thank you and hung up the phone.

Reaction score
I did it today, they actually kept me on hold until the card went through I called the bank tonight under the fraud alert number but I have a feeling it is too late.
I am so mad right now that people can sleep at night doing this. I hope I can get my money back . Anyone know of anythig else I can do> It was posted. Ill call the bank again tomorrow . It was a Debt card.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I did it today, they actually kept me on hold until the card went through I called the bank tonight under the fraud alert number but I have a feeling it is too late.
I am so mad right now that people can sleep at night doing this. I hope I can get my money back . Anyone know of anythig else I can do> It was posted. Ill call the bank again tomorrow . It was a Debt card.
So sorry that you were scammed. Did you receive a contract? If so, check it to see if there is a rescission period then follow the instructions to cancel. If there is one it will only be a few days.

Paying by debit card all you can do is contact your bank and pray that they help. Debit cards don’t have the same protections as credit cards.

If you get no satisfaction, file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General, the BBB and the CFPB. Your best bet to get your money back is to make as much “noise” as you can.

Edited: Here is something to help you get started. The scammer may not have provided you with a contract, or maybe they tell you that there is no cancellation. Read section 721.205. Although 721.205 is titled “Resale Service Providers” it does mention in multiple places resale or rental advertising. This Florida statute requires a 10 day contract cancellation for advertising services, which is really what this scammer company pretends to be doing. The statute also requires a written contract before charging the customer, and that contract must have cancellation instructions.

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly, timeshare owners are targeted by one scam after another. Keep yourself informed by reading this forum to avoid pitfalls.

Reaction score
So sorry that you were scammed. Did you receive a contract? If so, check it to see if there is a rescission period then follow the instructions to cancel. If there is one it will only be a few days.

Paying by debit card all you can do is contact your bank and pray that they help. Debit cards don’t have the same protections as credit cards.

If you get no satisfaction, file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General, the BBB and the CFPB. Your best bet to get your money back is to make as much “noise” as you can.

Edited: Here is something to help you get started. The scammer may not have provided you with a contract, or maybe they tell you that there is no cancellation. Read section 721.205. Although 721.205 is titled “Resale Service Providers” it does mention in multiple places resale or rental advertising. This Florida statute requires a 10 day contract cancellation for advertising services, which is really what this scammer company pretends to be doing. The statute also requires a written contract before charging the customer, and that contract must have cancellation instructions.

Reaction score
Yes, it says 10 days on the contract, which by the way, I did not sign it, they automatically did it.
I hung up on her at the end, because she left me on hold for so long, I was stressed about not having my husband in sight for so long while I was dealing with her
. . ( a falling issue for my husband if that sounded strange. )
. I sent this contract and my rejection of the great deal, back to my bank, showing I canceled it today, and back to the "Marketing Department " not holding my breath. Right now, it is pending. they told me I cannot file a discrepancy claim until it clears.
When I was talking to Chris, he told me our weeks were going to expire and had to be used by Nov.
My husband as I stated is ill, so I I was relieved that he informed me of this (I did not Know, who knew? I think he made it up) .
My thought is it is someone from the inside is giving out our numbers. And This is Why.
My husband was the one getting the text about things expiring.
I called Holiday Club from my Phone and asked them if they had been calling and said we keep getting all these texts.
Not an hour past and I get a call. Oddly it was on my phone now. The same phone I had called them to check if something was going on that I needed to take of.

My Sales guy was Chris. He can explain everything. a lot better, So,
please give Chris Taylor a call If you have a lot of spare time, I think it's only fair to let him explain the Benefits.
I'm sure he will be glad to go over EVERYTHING and make sure he does. find out what they have to offer. before you decline. Don't worry, He told me he was on the clock anyway so don't worry about his precious time. 321-204-4078

Reaction score
Sadly, timeshare owners are targeted by one scam after another. Keep yourself informed by reading this forum to avoid pitfalls.

Im not sure that contract loop for 10 days will do much good ... it says after the money has cleared.. Thanks so much for pointing it out I did find it

Reaction score
I just got a call from I travel VIP from Emily and she just told me they are going to refund my money She can assure me they are not a scam.. wanted to know if i filed a dispute. yet. said she couldn't refund it if it was filed. ..
I will keep you updated.

justaboutme

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen vacations

I fell for it after 4 months i faught and got all my money back it was hard but worth it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I just got a call from I travel VIP from Emily and she just told me they are going to refund my money She can assure me they are not a scam.. wanted to know if i filed a dispute. yet. said she couldn't refund it if it was filed. ..
I will keep you updated.
No, file a dispute. That is baloney.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I will keep you updated.
File the dispute!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
When I was talking to Chris, he told me our weeks were going to expire and had to be used by Nov. (snip) My Sales guy was Chris. He can explain everything. a lot better, So, please give Chris Taylor a call If you have a lot of spare time, I think it's only fair to let him explain the Benefits.
I'm sure he will be glad to go over EVERYTHING and make sure he does. find out what they have to offer. before you decline. Don't worry, He told me he was on the clock anyway so don't worry about his precious time. 321-204-4078

I am confused. Who is sales guy Chris you are suggesting we all call so that he can explain the benefits and go over “everything”? Sounds suspicious. You have NO weeks that are going to expire. This is either another lie by these folks (I Travel VIP?) or this is a shill post.

Edited: I looked quickly at “I Travel VIP”’s website. The website is new, created February 27,2023. The website has zero specific weeks for rent, just generic resort descriptions. The “ad” gives a brief description and may say “7 weeks available”. However, there is NO way to click on anything to inquire about any availability. If they are in the business of marketing how are potential renters supposed to inquire? Also, they show a schedule of events on their website making one believe that they attend these events marketing your timeshare. This is just another new advertising/marketing “company”using the marketing business model to make them appear legit all the while taking people’s upfront money and doing zero marketing after that. This isn’t even a surprise as many scammers are using this exact business model.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I am confused. Who is sales guy Chris you are suggesting we all call so that he can explain the benefits and go over “everything”? Sounds suspicious. You have NO weeks that are going to expire. This is either another lie by these folks (I Travel VIP?) or this is a shill post
I took it as the poster was being sort of sarcastic and encouraging people to call the scammer and waste his time.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I took it as the poster was being sort of sarcastic and encouraging people to call the scammer and waste his time.
Lol, if that is the case then I will let Emily Litella speak on my behalf.

danbraga

Reaction score

Please, contact me bc I just found out that I am one more victim… I heard exactly what you and many others heard and now that I call and ask my money back, I heard that I have to rent out my weeks by my self and proof them that I did, for the price that they promise, bc other way I will just lost my money! But I am sure even if I do all this process they will fond other way rin with my money! Every time I call I find out that last call was all lies…

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Please, contact me bc I just found out that I am one more victim… I heard exactly what you and many others heard and now that I call and ask my money back, I heard that I have to rent out my weeks by my self and proof them that I did, for the price that they promise, bc other way I will just lost my money! But I am sure even if I do all this process they will fond other way rin with my money! Every time I call I find out that last call was all lies…
These scammers are no dummies. Claiming that you must find your own renter at the price they promise in order to get a refund is just one part of the scam. The amount they promise is a pipe dream, made extremely high to make their upfront fee seem like a bargain.

There are multiple companies listed on this thread. What is the name of the scam company? When did you sign a contract? You should have a 10 day cancellation in your contract. If it is beyond 10 days you have limited actions you can take.

*File a BBB complaint
*File a complaint with the state attorney general
*File a complaint with the CFPB
*Dispute the charge with your credit card company

danbraga

Reaction score
These scammers are no dummies. Claiming that you must find your own renter at the price they promise in order to get a refund is just one part of the scam. The amount they promise is a pipe dream, made extremely high to make their upfront fee seem like a bargain.

There are multiple companies listed on this thread. What is the name of the scam company? When did you sign a contract? You should have a 10 day cancellation in your contract. If it is beyond 10 days you have limited actions you can take.

*File a BBB complaint
*File a complaint with the state attorney general
*File a complaint with the CFPB
*Dispute the charge with your credit card company
Unfortunately it’s way more than 10 days. I called first time when it was close to the 90 days and they said that I misunderstood and they couldn’t guarantee the rent in 90days, what I am sure I didn’t, but they only can refund me after the 90 days anytime, and they will keep trying to rent it! Even my gut screaming run away, I waited for the summer so they maybe tent it out! When I called asking my refund they came with other bs…

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Unfortunately it’s way more than 10 days. I called first time when it was close to the 90 days and they said that I misunderstood and they couldn’t guarantee the rent in 90days, what I am sure I didn’t, but they only can refund me after the 90 days anytime, and they will keep trying to rent it! Even my gut screaming run away, I waited for the summer so they maybe tent it out! When I called asking my refund they came with other bs…

So sorry you got scammed. What is the name of the company?

This is a very common scam. These scammers pretend to provide marketing services for your timeshare rental or sale. It is all a sham as they do nothing after they get the upfront fee. The bogus marketing side of the business is used to keep them out of trouble because they can claim that they didn't steal your money, you just signed a contract for <nonexistent> "marketing" services for your timeshare. The scammers will also stall until you are well past the period in which you could dispute the credit card charges.

My suggestion is to file the complaints as I outlined above. Some scammers never respond to BBB complaints. Some however, do respond to BBB complaints as they want to continue stealing money for as long as they can, and complaints will hurt that. If you rattle the cage enough, they might just refund your money. Filing a complaint with the state Attorney General is also important. Too many people scammed fail to do so and that allows the scammers to continue to fly under the radar.

Last edited:

danbraga

Reaction score

This is a very common scam. These scammers pretend to provide marketing services for your timeshare rental or sale. It is all a sham as they do nothing after they get the upfront fee. The bogus marketing side of the business is used to keep them out of trouble because they can claim you signed a contract for marketing services and not just steal money from you, which is really what they really did. The scammers will also stall until you are well past the period in which you could dispute the credit card charges.

My suggestion is to file the complaints as I outlined above. Some scammers never respond to BBB complaints. Some however, do respond to BBB complaints as they want to continue stealing money for as long as they can and complaints will hurt that. If you rattle the cage enough they might just refund your money. Filing a complaint with the state Attorney General is also important. Too many people scammed fail to do so and that allows the scammers to continue to fly under the radar.

This is a very common scam. These scammers pretend to provide marketing services for your timeshare rental or sale. It is all a sham as they do nothing after they get the upfront fee. The bogus marketing side of the business is used to keep them out of trouble because they can claim you signed a contract for marketing services and not just steal money from you, which is really what they really did. The scammers will also stall until you are well past the period in which you could dispute the credit card charges.

My suggestion is to file the complaints as I outlined above. Some scammers never respond to BBB complaints. Some however, do respond to BBB complaints as they want to continue stealing money for as long as they can and complaints will hurt that. If you rattle the cage enough they might just refund your money. Filing a complaint with the state Attorney General is also important. Too many people scammed fail to do so and that allows the scammers to continue to fly under the radar.
The scammers: INTERNATIONAL RESORT AND TRAVEL CLUB!
Thank you for your advice! I will do everything I can!

Reactions: RX8