• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting Your Extra Weeks [ SCAM: International Resort Club ]

shells

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a company called "International Resort Club" this is supposed to be a company that rents out your unused bonus weeks that you may have through RCI or II?
Scam or Legit? They charge you $350 per week (up to 6 weeks) to rent your week/weeks out then claim that within 60-90 days they will have them rented out for $1500-1800 per week?

I tried searching the web and really didn't find anything so I am thinking scam? Anyone else have more experience with this than I?

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
International Resort Club

It is all lies. You don’t have any unused bonus weeks. RCI and II both prohibit you renting out getaway weeks. This company is lying to scam you out of money.

Looking at their website, they appear to be an advertising/listing company for owners to sell or rent their weeks. Scammers LOVE this business model because in lieu of outright stealing they can claim they are providing a “service” (advertising) for the hundreds or thousands of dollars they collect. They claim that they will forward any offers they get to you. Problem is with 98% of all these companies is that they never get any offers. That is because no one can find their website and if they do, it isn’t consumer friendly to actually find something they are looking for. And if they do happen to stumble upon something the prices are so insanely high that they move on.

These companies only put enough effort into the website to make it look legit. They could care less if prospective buyers/renters want to put an offer in. In fact, these companies DON’T want to deal with any offers because it takes away from their real business model which is cold calling for dollars. They don’t care about DNC lists and they don’t care about lying to people. They lie about the bonus weeks and they also lie about corporations that want to rent your timeshare.

This company’s website was created in September 2020 so they aren’t even a year old. Once people start complaining about their lies and the fact that they aren’t getting any offers they will then likely close the website and start again under a new name.
02DDA104-FDCC-418E-985D-16854819550F.jpeg

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Should Have Known, MY gut was telling me this but I had to ask. Thanks for input.

The gut is usually correct, amazing how that works.

Was it a cold call? Are you on the DNC list?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Tell them sure, they can take the $350 (heck, be generous and offer $500) from the rental proceeds before they send it to you.

shells

TUG Member
Reaction score
The gut is usually correct, amazing how that works.

Was it a cold call? Are you on the DNC list?
Call came with all my RCI information wich seemed odd that they would have all that info?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@shells The scammers buy lists of timeshare owners from the black market or rogue employees and then pound the phones. If you are on the DNC list then they obviously don’t care about the laws and that alone says everything one should know about them.

This is a very common lie. Below is just one of many threads on this scam. Only change is the name. Many of these just may be the same scammer just using different names.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
MY gut was telling me this but I had to ask.

Well, we're glad you asked but you just demonstrated why so many people fall for this scam. By one stretch, they're 99.9% sure it is a scam but another part of them is prodding them to want to believe it is not a scam so they give it a try.

Reactions: RX8

Dolphindarci

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin
Tell them sure, they can take the $350 (heck, be generous and offer $500) from the rental proceeds before they send it to you.
I tried that and they said I have to activate the weeks by paying the $399 in my case. They said they could not rent out weeks that I haven't already activated 1st.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I tried that and they said I have to activate the weeks by paying the $399 in my case. They said they could not rent out weeks that I haven't already activated 1st.
Tell them you already activated them directly with RCI or II.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
Anyone ever heard of a company called "International Resort Club" this is supposed to be a company that rents out your unused bonus weeks that you may have through RCI or II?
Scam or Legit? They charge you $350 per week (up to 6 weeks) to rent your week/weeks out then claim that within 60-90 days they will have them rented out for $1500-1800 per week?

I tried searching the web and really didn't find anything so I am thinking scam? Anyone else have more experience with this than I?

total scam. They called me and wanted me to pay them before sending a contract or any type of documentation to sign. I then looked it up and it’s under RCI scam alerts. Look up RCI telemarketing Fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I then looked it up and it’s under RCI scam alerts. Look up RCI telemarketing Fraud.

That's definitely a good source and a good start. But it doesn't really matter whether a company is on such a list. These companies change names more frequently than people change their underwear.

A better way to identify a scam is if it is a cold call (usually, but not always a scam) along with an offer too good to be true.

shells

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I first posted about this on 7/19/21 I had just agreed to this scam on the phone they caught me at a weak moment :) then immediately after I hung up I logged into my bank account and put a hold on my credit account, then jumped on this forum and posted about it which prompted numerous responses indicating how it was 99.99 % fraud. I thank all of you for that.

A day or Two went by and they called me back and said that they were not able to process my CC? I responded with because I had changed my mind, and they also still hadn't sent me the contract which was processed the day I authorized them. A few more days went by and the so called general manager called me and went thru the same process on the phone after I told him that I would not authorize the credit card (CC) transaction to go thru but asked why they have not sent out the contract for review he got frustrated and hung up. I waited an extra couple weeks and then took the hold off my credit card.

Total scam and I thank all of you who responded to my post. If it sounds like to good a deal then it generally is not.

Last edited:

Carbon_Kid

Reaction score
When I first posted about this on 7/19/21 I had just agreed to this scam on the phone they caught me at a weak moment :) then immediately after I hung up I logged into my bank account and put a hold on my credit account, then jumped on this forum and posted about it which prompted numerous responses indicating how it was 99.99 % fraud. I thank all of you for that.

A day or Two went by and they called me back and said that they were not able to process my CC? I responded with because I had changed my mind, and they also still hadn't sent me the contract which was processed the day I authorized them. A few more days went by and the so called general manager called me and went thru the same process on the phone after I told him that I would not authorize the credit card (CC) transaction to go thru but asked why they have not sent out the contract for review he got frustrated and hung up. I waited an extra couple weeks and then took the hold off my credit card.

Total scam and I thank all of you who responded to my post. If it sounds like to good a deal then it generally is not.

I just got one of these calls too this afternoon (Sep. 20) and at first it did sound like it MIGHT be legit (though I always approach these things as a possible scam until I can confirm otherwise .. which seldom happens BTW!) so I listened to their sales pitch and it sounded exactly like yours @shells .. well, except for the fact that as a new customer I was getting a reduced rate of "only" $300 per week required to activate my weeks (I could activate up to 6 of them!). So I started asking questions .. LOTS of questions .. enough questions that I thought my scare them off if they truly were scammers but yet they continued on answering them (well .. SORT OF answering them anyway). Like some other folks have said they did have some of my actual timeshare ownership info which kind of added somewhat of an air of legitimacy to their spiel so I pressed ahead with more and more questions. At one point I even made the offer that they could take their "activation fees" out of the rental proceeds that were "guaranteed" in 60-90 days. Of course this was rejected as "not the way it's done" or some such other excuse. So finally I told the lady (and I use that term loosely because I don't know how anyone can work in a job where it's your responsibility to cheat people out of their money?) that I was interested but before I committed to doing it I was going to call RCI and check with them to see if they actually did work with their company (International Resorts Club). At this point I asked again for the lady's name and her company identifying info (employee ID or whatever) and she replied with "Alexis" and then started to give me a toll free phone number. Well, she only got to "1-800" before I heard ... CLICK! .. and good old Alexis was GONE! LOL

So yes, it is quite obvious that this is a TOTAL SCAM ...

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I just got one of these calls too this afternoon (Sep. 20) and at first it did sound like it MIGHT be legit (though I always approach these things as a possible scam until I can confirm otherwise .. which seldom happens BTW!) so I listened to their sales pitch and it sounded exactly like yours @shells .. well, except for the fact that as a new customer I was getting a reduced rate of "only" $300 per week required to activate my weeks (I could activate up to 6 of them!). So I started asking questions .. LOTS of questions .. enough questions that I thought my scare them off if they truly were scammers but yet they continued on answering them (well .. SORT OF answering them anyway). Like some other folks have said they did have some of my actual timeshare ownership info which kind of added somewhat of an air of legitimacy to their spiel so I pressed ahead with more and more questions. At one point I even made the offer that they could take their "activation fees" out of the rental proceeds that were "guaranteed" in 60-90 days. Of course this was rejected as "not the way it's done" or some such other excuse. So finally I told the lady (and I use that term loosely because I don't know how anyone can work in a job where it's your responsibility to cheat people out of their money?) that I was interested but before I committed to doing it I was going to call RCI and check with them to see if they actually did work with their company (International Resorts Club). At this point I asked again for the lady's name and her company identifying info (employee ID or whatever) and she replied with "Alexis" and then started to give me a toll free phone number. Well, she only got to "1-800" before I heard ... CLICK! .. and good old Alexis was GONE! LOL

So yes, it is quite obvious that this is a TOTAL SCAM ...
Great play-along to get to the truth and hopefully keep her from having time to call another more trusting victim.

Banyan@KW

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banyan Resort Key West

Just got the same call and sure enough, it all went down just like the others have shared. I asked if they would keep the commission and send the balance, but no, I had to activate the weeks so they could list them as available. I told her I wouldn't pay up front and.... "click"... gone girl.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

One VERY minor correction. It isn't 99.99% fraud.

It is 100.00% fraud from the inception. There is never an intent to actually rent out your weeks.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like a couple of the more recent interations of this "opportunity" might have been Vacation Property Rentals, Inc, and / or now Vacation Property Management. Both companies seem to based out of the Orlando area so it could be the same company with different names. Anyway same type of call, and same type of pitch as described in previous posts.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club
Shells, I just went through exactly what you did. Shoulda trusted my gut.

They kept talking about II but then in the closing recording "we are not affiliated with Interval International," and my heart dropped when I realized what I had done. Not looking forward to the fallout of cancelling my cc.

So I registered just to say Thank You for posting this. It was the first result when I searched for "International Resort Group Scam," and thanks to the more knowledgeable members being considerate and helping everyone understand how it works.