• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recorded Sheraton Flex Trust Documents

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thought I would break down what I have found out about the Sheraton Flex Trust by pursuing the recorded documents in Orange County Florida.

Here is a link to the actual trust document as recorded in Orange County Florida 20100149464.

Breakdown of resorts currently conveyed to the trust and the number of points;

Resort................................................Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation - Palmetto...........60,210,600
Sheraton Broadway Plantation - Plantation........189,349,800
Sheraton Desert Oasis.............................74,530,250
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas.................113,756,100
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas - East Tower....153,386,240
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Palms...................79,850,900
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Cascades...............152,237,700
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Falls...................55,064,500
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Fountains...............76,269,200
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Fountains II............52,507,250
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lakes..................125,198,200
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Spa.....................79,693,200
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Springs.................47,120,800
Sheraton Vistana Villages - Amelia................84,232,150
Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella................157,967,450
Sheraton Vistana Villages - Key West.............122,226,750
Sheraton Vistana Villages - St Augustine.........338,931,350
Vistana Beach Club................................18,598,800
Grand Total....................................1,981,131,240

Resort...............................Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation....249,560,400
Sheraton Desert Oasis............74,530,250
Sheraton Steamboat Resort.......267,142,340
Sheraton Vistana Resort.........667,941,750
Sheraton Vistana Villages.......703,357,700
Vistana Beach Club...............18,598,800
Grand Total...................1,981,131,240

Percentage that each resort makes up of the trust;

Resort................................Percent

Sheraton Vistana Villages..............35.50%
Sheraton Vistana Resort................33.72%
Sheraton Steamboat Resort..............13.48%
Sheraton Broadway Plantation...........12.60%
Sheraton Desert Oasis...................3.76%
Vistana Beach Club......................0.94%

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not to muddy the first post with a lot of questions, here are a few questions;

1. One thing I noticed is that it seems to be void of Sheraton Vistana Resort and Sheraton Vistana Villages weeks. I could not find any conveyances for either of these two properties. Have any flex owners been able to reserve either of these two properties at more than eight months out?
  2. Also, the two big properties in the trust are Steamboat and Myrtle Beach. They make up about 85% of all the inventory in the trust. Was Vistana having trouble selling at these properties? Seems like a way to bundle them in to a larger package and sell straight points.
  3. Does Vistana sell straight weeks at any of these properties any more? What about selling weeks at Sheraton Vistana Resort and Sheraton Vistana Villages? If they do for the latter and not the former, perhaps that would explain why the two Orlando properties have no presence in the trust?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
That makes no sense as there is tons of Orlando inventory in Flex.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That makes no sense as there is tons of Orlando inventory in Flex.
If there is, I am yet to find the conveyances. They may have recorded them somehow differently than all the rest of the conveyances?

ETA: Okay. I did find lots of deed conveyances, so the inventory is there. I just can't find any notices where they allocated points to the inventory deeded to the trust.

I figurfed it out. Since all the other properties are outside of Orange County, they filed Notices for the points. For the properties in Orlando, they filed deeds and those deeds also indicate the number of points conveyed. This makes sense, just different than how Marriott conveys their points. They always convey the deeds and file a separate notice. This will take a little time to update.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have updated the original post to account for the Orlando properties.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you want to be ambitious, now you need to compute how many SO's there are at each location, and what percentage have become part of the trust. A very rough calculation says there are in the neighbourhood of 30 billion SO's in the entire system, so say approaching 10% are in the trust.

The SVN disclosure docs give you unit counts at each location, and you could use the SO charts to figure out allotments, multiply and add 'em all up, and voila...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps I will get that ambitous some day. The problem is getting my hands on the disclosure documents from each resort. They seem to only be available to owners through the Dashboard. I would also need them from each of the different phases. A project for a future day :)

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
No SVR Courts? Owners were all given an option to join SVN at the end of the refurbishment; or is that a different program? Have to admit that I don't really follow the Vistana programs as I am very happy with my deeded March break week and have yet to feel the need to upgrade to anything.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No SVR Courts? Owners were all given an option to join SVN at the end of the refurbishment; or is that a different program? Have to admit that I don't really follow the Vistana programs as I am very happy with my deeded March break week and have yet to feel the need to upgrade to anything.
It is possible that Courts is in there. There were several conveyances just for "Vistana Resort Condominium". Looking through the phases, I thought this might be Palms. Is it possible that Palms and Courts have the same HOA?

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
It is possible that Courts is in there. There were several conveyances just for "Vistana Resort Condominium". Looking through the phases, I thought this might be Palms. Is it possible that Palms and Courts have the same HOA?
That might be the Courts HOA, but the name's not quite right. Courts was the original phase, and our HOA on records appears as Vistana Condominium Association Inc. We wouldn't be blended with Palms as that phase came a fair bit later (Courts, then Falls, then Spas, then Palms). IIRC from reading the condominium documents a decade ago, Falls was (initially) registered as an extension to the Courts plan, but things get pretty muddy after that in trying to figure out the relationship of all the subsequent phases.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That might be the Courts HOA, but the name's not quite right. Courts was the original phase, and our HOA on records appears as Vistana Condominium Association Inc. We wouldn't be blended with Palms as that phase came a fair bit later (Courts, then Falls, then Spas, then Palms). IIRC from reading the condominium documents a decade ago, Falls was (initially) registered as an extension to the Courts plan, but things get pretty muddy after that in trying to figure out the relationship of all the subsequent phases.
I double checked the conveyances. The legal description just indicates "Vistana Condominium". So as you say, that is likely the Courts Phase. If so, I am not sure what is up with Palms. I haven't found any legal descriptions that indicate Palms.