• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Received Intent to Foreclose on a Resort No Longer In Business

Brightey

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Driftwood Worldgate Resort
Hello all - I received an intent to foreclose on Driftwood Worldgate Resort in Fl deeded in Osceola County. I was paying my MF online as it was schedule for bi-annual payment. When I tried to use the resort, I could not get in contact with anyone. The telephone number would go into someone’s voicemail. So i actually stop paying the MF since i could not get in touch with anyone. I went on the BBB and discovered other people complaints as well. The Resort vacated the property in 03/2020, but never received any notification. My last payment was 07/2019. It appears Wyndham took over the property, per other peoples comments on BBB.
Question - If the company no longer exists and has vacated the property can the property be foreclosed on?
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Technically yes. Your deed is recorded in Osceola, since it is considered real estate. Your property most likely has an HOA, which in most cases is separate from the property name. Since the resort is closed, and you did not pay since 2019, you MAY get a hit on your credit record, so shrug it off and move on with your life.

TS

Brightey

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Technically yes. Your deed is recorded in Osceola, since it is considered real estate. Your property most likely has an HOA, which in most cases is separate from the property name. Since the resort is closed, and you did not pay since 2019, you MAY get a hit on your credit record, so shrug it off and move on with your life.

TS
Thank you for your honesty. I believe the new owner is apart of Wyndham. I am an existing Wyndham owner. I would like to see if the properties somehow could be combined if i deed the property over to Wyndham.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Deeded owners should have rights to their weeks, no matter who took over. I would expect a payout of some kind for owners, not just an end to their ownership. That would be if the resort is taken over by another company and re-branded.

Brightey

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
/
Deeded owners should have rights to their weeks, no matter who took over. I would expect a payout of some kind for owners, not just an end to their ownership. That would be if the resort is taken over by another company and re-branded.
I am inspired by your logic. Since I was unable to utilize my points for some years, there should be some type of fee waiver or payout. Thank you for your honesty.

I am a newbie as you can see, but as I read you itinerary I may can assist. I have unused points with RCI that must be used by 4/2024 and 6 transfers. Don’t worry I am a gold member with Wyndham, this thread is about Driftwood Worldgate. 😂

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Probably what is happening is that the new property owner (if there is one) or the existing HOA is trying to clean things up. They need to get all the deeds back into their ownership in order to transfer clean title of the overall property to another entity. There is very low chance this would ever be reported to a credit agency.

Brightey

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Probably what is happening is that the new property owner (if there is one) or the existing HOA is trying to clean things up. They need to get all the deeds back into their ownership in order to transfer clean title of the overall property to another entity. There is very low chance this would ever be reported to a credit agency.
This make sense and thank you for your response.

lily3070

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
world gate resort
Hello all - I received an intent to foreclose on Driftwood Worldgate Resort in Fl deeded in Osceola County. I was paying my MF online as it was schedule for bi-annual payment. When I tried to use the resort, I could not get in contact with anyone. The telephone number would go into someone’s voicemail. So i actually stop paying the MF since i could not get in touch with anyone. I went on the BBB and discovered other people complaints as well. The Resort vacated the property in 03/2020, but never received any notification. My last payment was 07/2019. It appears Wyndham took over the property, per other peoples comments on BBB.
Question - If the company no longer exists and has vacated the property can the property be foreclosed on?
Thank you in advance
I also have had my points suspended with RCI since last July the 2024 biannual use at Driftwood Worldgate Resort
We never received notice of a meeting, not a bill for maintenance fees.
After many phone calls and emails, we did receive a response. They were working on maintenance issues, so no units were available to trade or rent. I noticed last night we have our 2024 points available on RCI finally. We still have received a bill yet though. I wonder if I should try to use the points. I would rather be released from the contract. kmedina@wyndhamcelebration.com is tje contact we received our information from. The phone call attempt are useless.
The intent to foreclose letter is not the same as releasing owners from the deeded contract is it? Any information would be appreciated.