• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Web Site Error Message

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does this mean?

com.rci.exception.RCIBaseException: Error processing the request : Exception in setITSSearch:WeeksAdapter RESORT IS AN UMBRELLA RESORT - CANNOT BE REQUESTED

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
EAM,

Some resort clubs such as Mayan Palace and Fairfield have resort ID numbers in RCI's system that represent the club as a whole and not a particular resort. These may not be referenced online for purposes of depositing or exchanging. If you'd like to verify this, please send a message to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team can look at it for you.

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I think I must have typed in a wrong number when I was searching by resort number. May I suggest that the RCI internet team change this to a more informative error message?

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Error, haven't been able to log in

Hi Madge,

I been trying to log in all evening and it keeps timing out at log in. Just now I received a different error:

Message from the NSAPI plugin:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build date/time: Aug 5 2005 12:16:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Number: 616829

Scott

janmeyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been getting the same error message yesterday and this morning. Called RCI and they insist there are no problems. Anyone else experiencing any problems? Thanks. Jan

TravelOrDie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also unable to sign in...

:( Message from the NSAPI plugin:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

Build date/time: Aug 5 2005 12:16:31

Change Number: 616829

davenlib

TUG Member
Reaction score
me too

I have trouble since Monday night and also today with the same timed out message.... :eek:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ditto, same error.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In my capacity as a BBS administrator,

Please do not post additional comments in this thread.

This forum is not for discussion. It is solely for questions of Madge. I think she will get the clear message that there is something seriously wrong with RCI's website. She can also take a look at (for example) this extended thread on the same subject on the Exchanging forum.

Please continue any further discussion on this topic on the Exchanging forum and give Madge a chance to respond here in due course.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
EAM,

This is a problem we know about that is being exacerbated by extremely high traffic to the site. It is still happening intermittently, but it should be somewhat better overall and our technical team is working to further improve our site's performance.