• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I own week 48 in Unit 301 at the Quarter House.
This is the Bayou Classic week.

Unit 301 is a 696 square foot 2 bedroom 1 bathroom unit, with the bedroom windows opening onto Chartres St, facing the Marriott. The kitchen lacks an oven, but is equipped with everything else, including a dishwasher. The bathroom has double sinks and a tiled walk-in shower, with access from the living room and one bedroom. Both bedrooms seemed to be of the same size, including king sized beds, dressers, night stands, closets. There are 2 tall windows in each bedroom. The dining area has seating for 4. The couch opens up as a queen sleeper. The unit is close to the elevator that is nearest to the lobby. I am told that this unit could sleep 6 people but I think you would be comfortable with 4. The Unit does not have a washer/dryer.

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate any information on Unit 511A. We have an II exchange there scheduled for October, 2020. According to the II Confirmation Certificate 511A is a 1 bedroom unit with a king size bed and a limited kitchen facility. Any information as to the size, location, and overall assessment would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I would appreciate any information on Unit 511A. We have an II exchange there scheduled for October, 2020. According to the II Confirmation Certificate 511A is a 1 bedroom unit with a king size bed and a limited kitchen facility. Any information as to the size, location, and overall assessment would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I own 511 for a spring week; pretty nice 2 bedroom lockout, honestly.

511A is the larger side & is 633 square feet, washer & dryer included. No oven. Saturday check-in. Don't have any pics of this one, though.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what unit 214 would be like. It’s two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Got an exchange for the week before Mardi Gras.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Can anyone tell me what unit 214 would be like. It’s two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Got an exchange for the week before Mardi Gras.

It's not much but this is the best QH unit map I've seen. Unit 214 looks to be on the back side of the building facing the alley.

Very few QH units have ovens in the kitchen. Cooktop, dishwasher, fridge, and small appliances but no oven. Don't be surprised if there are no windows. (I have a week in Unit 110, also on the back side. No windows but of course it's on the ground floor.) The alley can be noisy for a short period early in the AM - trucks emptying dumpsters.

I hope an owner chimes in with some details but it should be a fun week.

Attachments

• Unit Map.pdf
    288.4 KB · Views: 50

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
I would suggest that you contact the QH directly. Last year there was extensive fire damage, plus the water damage. Some units/sections have been rebuilt and reconfigured compared to how we Owners have remembered them, pre 2020. The staff (Casey, Nikki, Nina) at QH are always polite and genuinely helpful.
A simple internet search will connect you to their front desk. (Not sure if I was allowed to leave their phone number).
Also ask about their complimentary breakfast and cocktail social…

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up letting the unit go. I feel there’s too much uncertainty again now with the omicron variant. If Mardi Gras parades don’t happen, then not much point going.

almond

Reaction score
I just did an exchange through Interval International and had 2 rooms for a week (the week before Christmas 2022). Room 503 and Room 403. Both rooms had recently been completely renovated and were GORGEOUS! Super clean. Big Smart TVs in both living room & bedroom, new mattresses on the beds, full size fridges in the kitchen, 4 burner cooktops and dishwashers. Lots of kitchen cupboard space, beautiful large walk-in showers - I mean really nice! 503 has a bigger living room area, plush carpeting and 2 sofa beds but it's on the top floor so the bathroom has a bit of a slope to the roof - no big deal. 403 also has a sofa bed but the living area is a bit smaller and the floors are woods laminate but I'm splitting hairs because both units with spacious and comfortable. We were thrilled and would definitely go back. There were no fees of any kind when I checked out. Comments on this forum and on TripAdvisor led me to think there would be a resort fee or hydro charge, but that was not the case.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
@Saintsfanfl and or @chapjim --- Can either of you give me info on UNIT 218?

• I'm certain its 2 bedrooms
  • I think its 1 bathroom? -- do either of you know?
  • Is this a good location?
  • Do you know what a fair price for 2 bedrooms is at QH
    • I bought my original one years ago
Thanks for any and all help either of you can provide...

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
From the attached, it looks like #218 fronts on Chartres. That is not necessarily a bad thing. My #427 is also at the front of the building and street noise hasn't been a problem. At least there are some windows.

As far as one or two baths, best call the resort. (504) 523-5906

Attachments

• Unit Map.pdf
    288.4 KB · Views: 22

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks @chapjim , I just called and they told me its one bathroom, two bedrooms, 932 sqft

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
@Saintsfanfl and or @chapjim --- Can either of you give me info on UNIT 218?

• I'm certain its 2 bedrooms
  • I think its 1 bathroom? -- do either of you know?
  • Is this a good location?
  • Do you know what a fair price for 2 bedrooms is at QH
    • I bought my original one years ago
Thanks for any and all help either of you can provide...
We stayed in 218 last October. Nice unit, faces Exchange Alley, very quiet. Only thing we didn’t like was it was only 1 bathroom. Big living/dining area and kitchen. It is the first room off the back elevator on the right. Not sure about fair price… we own two units-bought one resale and one developer.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed in 218 last October. Nice unit, faces Exchange Alley, very quiet. Only thing we didn’t like was it was only 1 bathroom. Big living/dining area and kitchen. It is the first room off the back elevator on the right. Not sure about fair price… we own two units-bought one resale and one developer.

Hmmm. The crude unit map I posted shows units x18 at the front of the building (facing Chartres). The exception is #118, which is at the back, facing Exchange Alley.

If you stayed in a unit facing Exchange Alley, I'm surprised that it was not noisy. Garbage trucks empty dumpsters in the Alley very early in the AM. An unrelated matter is that the Alley had beocme occupied with homeless. Nikki had been working with NOPD to get them cleared. Don't know how successful she was.

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
Hmmm. The crude unit map I posted shows units x18 at the front of the building (facing Chartres). The exception is #118, which is at the back, facing Exchange Alley.

If you stayed in a unit facing Exchange Alley, I'm surprised that it was not noisy. Garbage trucks empty dumpsters in the Alley very early in the AM. An unrelated matter is that the Alley had beocme occupied with homeless. Nikki had been working with NOPD to get them cleared. Don't know how successful she was.
If you get off the elevator between the two court yards you turn right, 218 is right there. There is a few steps down to the main floor, bedrooms and bathroom is to the right. On the interior of the building. The living room-dining faces Exchange Alley. I probably have pictures of the room. We did here the garbage trucks in the morning, (we were already up). Would have to agree about Exchange Alley “skid row”. We own a week in 219 and the master bedroom is next too Exchange Alley and is noisy.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Due to work conflicts and illness, we have not used our Quarter House Unit since 2019, can anyone tell me if there are any places I can buy food for the fridge? Any deals that I should be on the lookout for, heading there for week # 3, trying to save as much as I can since I will be retiring in a few years...

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
Due to work conflicts and illness, we have not used our Quarter House Unit since 2019, can anyone tell me if there are any places I can buy food for the fridge? Any deals that I should be on the lookout for, heading there for week # 3, trying to save as much as I can since I will be retiring in a few years...

Each condo at the QH has a full size refrigerator.cook top, Can opener. Blender. counter top toaster oven (it is tiny! Best for toast sized portions)..
Do not count on having a full size oven.
Most units do not have this appliance. I recommend you call ahead and inquire.
Studio sized dishwasher.

Table setting for 4 if it's a 1br
Table setting for 6 if it is a 1br dlx.
Table setting for 8 if it's a 2br.

 if you are driving into New Orleans, i Highly recommend going to the larger supermarket, Rouses in the CBD (Central Business district). Fresh meats, produce and deli Selections are above average. Prices are as if you are not in a tourist area.

If you are a Costco member, like we are,
It's a practice of ours to refuel and stock up for our weekly plus stay at the QH.

My recommended checklist for Costco :
[] Fuel. Premium unleaded prices are unbeatable.
[] Rotisserie chicken.
[] Organic eggs
[] Spring spinach mix
[] Fresh vegetables for snacking or side supper dishes. Broccoli. Carrots. Tomatoes. Cekery. Cauliflower. Bell peppers. Depends what my mental memu is for the week.
[] Fresh meat of choice. Beef. Sausage. Bacon, Etc. You will already have leftovers from your rotisserie chicken.Again Depends what my mental menu is for the week.

[] Multi grain bread. Dave's killer bread
[] Milk
[] Grits
[] Juice. I like carrot juice
[] Misc beverages. Water, Beer or wine, etc

Breakfast is easy peasy:
Eggs
Tomatoes
Meat: sausage, bacon.

Bring from home or buy:
[] Tide pods
[] Fabric dryer sheets
[] Spices of your choice. I like to bring along "Organic Better than Bouillon" brand. Garlic. Chicken.beef
Great for seasons grits, scrambled eggs, steamed veges. I make beef with broccoli, shrimp& snow peas.
I also keep 2 packs of Sausage Gravy mix for breakfast and/or entree seasoning.
[] marmalade
[] Olive oil, CMT coconut oil, butter.
[] spatula. Good sharp kitchen knives.

Meal ideas
French toast
Eggs Benedict
Western omelette
Pancakes
Good ol eggs and bacon and toast

Crab cakes with kiwi wedges
Stir-fried beef and vegetables
Shrimp fettuccine
Chicken lo mein
A pot of Chilli
pepper steak

And lunch is usually left over from the night before

As it may reflect, i prefer to prepare a majority of our meals. That way we can splurge at a nice restaurant when we have guests visiting us. Though we have been known to have guests come to the vacation condo for beautiful home made meals. Gumbo. Pot roast. Potatoes carrots celery

Yes, we travel for extended weeks at our timeshares and yes, we travel by vehicle (truck or station wagon), and yes we try to be organized with rigid storage tubbies for clothes, kitchen, office, misc of comforts.. toiletries, books, music. Echo circle. Cleaner/room spray sanitizer. USB extension cords. motion detection nightlite strip.
We also travel with our folding bicycles.

Costco is easy access to New Orleans
we stop in before our exit off of interstate 10.

We just left our fixed week 52 condo 429
And will be back in a couple of weeks.

Let me know if you have any other questions, about meals, tips/hacks or anything out and about the French Quarter and across the river.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
We stayed at Quarter House last November. We had no car, so took the 10 minute walk to Rouses on Royal Street to get breakfast items and snacks. It's a smaller urban grocery store. The selections are limited due to it's size, I thought the prices were sort of high, but you're in the city and there's little competition. Without a car, it was our best option.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Each condo at the QH has a full size refrigerator.cook top, Can opener. Blender. counter top toaster oven (it is tiny! Best for toast sized portions)..
Do not count on having a full size oven.
Most units do not have this appliance. I recommend you call ahead and inquire.
Studio sized dishwasher.

Table setting for 4 if it's a 1br
Table setting for 6 if it is a 1br dlx.
Table setting for 8 if it's a 2br.

 if you are driving into New Orleans, i Highly recommend going to the larger supermarket, Rouses in the CBD (Central Business district). Fresh meats, produce and deli Selections are above average. Prices are as if you are not in a tourist area.

If you are a Costco member, like we are,
It's a practice of ours to refuel and stock up for our weekly plus stay at the QH.

My recommended checklist for Costco :
[] Fuel. Premium unleaded prices are unbeatable.
[] Rotisserie chicken.
[] Organic eggs
[] Spring spinach mix
[] Fresh vegetables for snacking or side supper dishes. Broccoli. Carrots. Tomatoes. Cekery. Cauliflower. Bell peppers. Depends what my mental memu is for the week.
[] Fresh meat of choice. Beef. Sausage. Bacon, Etc. You will already have leftovers from your rotisserie chicken.Again Depends what my mental menu is for the week.

[] Multi grain bread. Dave's killer bread
[] Milk
[] Grits
[] Juice. I like carrot juice
[] Misc beverages. Water, Beer or wine, etc

Breakfast is easy peasy:
Eggs
Tomatoes
Meat: sausage, bacon.

Bring from home or buy:
[] Tide pods
[] Fabric dryer sheets
[] Spices of your choice. I like to bring along "Organic Better than Bouillon" brand. Garlic. Chicken.beef
Great for seasons grits, scrambled eggs, steamed veges. I make beef with broccoli, shrimp& snow peas.
I also keep 2 packs of Sausage Gravy mix for breakfast and/or entree seasoning.
[] marmalade
[] Olive oil, CMT coconut oil, butter.
[] spatula. Good sharp kitchen knives.

Meal ideas
French toast
Eggs Benedict
Western omelette
Pancakes
Good ol eggs and bacon and toast

Crab cakes with kiwi wedges
Stir-fried beef and vegetables
Shrimp fettuccine
Chicken lo mein
A pot of Chilli
pepper steak

And lunch is usually left over from the night before

As it may reflect, i prefer to prepare a majority of our meals. That way we can splurge at a nice restaurant when we have guests visiting us. Though we have been known to have guests come to the vacation condo for beautiful home made meals. Gumbo. Pot roast. Potatoes carrots celery

Yes, we travel for extended weeks at our timeshares and yes, we travel by vehicle (truck or station wagon), and yes we try to be organized with rigid storage tubbies for clothes, kitchen, office, misc of comforts.. toiletries, books, music. Echo circle. Cleaner/room spray sanitizer. USB extension cords. motion detection nightlite strip.
We also travel with our folding bicycles.

Costco is easy access to New Orleans
we stop in before our exit off of interstate 10.

We just left our fixed week 52 condo 429
And will be back in a couple of weeks.

Let me know if you have any other questions, about meals, tips/hacks or anything out and about the French Quarter and across the river.
@sharewhereMiMi , thanks so much for the help. We are flying in from MI and will take a cab or uber to the resort... so even thou I love Costco, I do not think we can stop there. Once we arrive, maybe we can take a cab to a local grocery store and stock up...

Loved all of your suggestions for breakfast, I'm going to print off this list....really appreciate your help

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed at Quarter House last November. We had no car, so took the 10 minute walk to Rouses on Royal Street to get breakfast items and snacks. It's a smaller urban grocery store. The selections are limited due to it's size, I thought the prices were sort of high, but you're in the city and there's little competition. Without a car, it was our best option.
@Glenn2 , we will also be without a car as we are flying in due to my work schedule, thanks I do remember stopping at Rouses on one of our visits years ago