• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been working on a list of units at The Quarter House in New Orleans. Every room is unique so it is difficult to determine the room type. I would like more detail like square footage of each unit but for now this is what I have.

Quarter House - Phases 1-5, 7 - 69 Units
Quarter House I - Phases 6 & 8 - 42 Units

Units by type:

One Bedroom - 48
One Bedroom Deluxe - 10
Two Bedroom - 7
Efficiency Lockoff - 1
Two Bedroom (larger deluxe?) - 27
Two Bedroom Lockoff - 12
Penthouse - 6

The only thing I am not 100% certain on is the two types on non-lockoff 2BR's. There are 2BR's with one bathroom and 2BR's with 2 bathrooms. The suite types on their website show these as 2BR and 2BR Deluxe but these names are not specified on the HOA budgets so it is very possible that some of my 27 "larger" units only have 1 bathroom. I categorized them based on maintenance fee amount. The fee amounts seem to be very consistent in relation to the type and size of the units.

It is interesting that there is a single unit that is an "Efficiency Lockoff". I had been fairly certain that QH had no studios but this is a small lockoff type splits into two studios.

The 2BR lockoffs and the penthouses are probably around the same size in total. Five penthouses are on the 5th floor and presumably extend into the attic as a second floor while one Penthouse is located on the 3rd floor.

The reason some units are not listed on the unit location diagram is because it is only phases 1-7. If you don't see a unit on that diagram then it is likely part of phase 8.

If you need info on a specific unit number shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

kparam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been working on a list of units at The Quarter House in New Orleans. Every room is unique so it is difficult to determine the room type. I would like more detail like square footage of each unit but for now this is what I have.

Quarter House - Phases 1-5, 7 - 69 Units
Quarter House I - Phases 6 & 8 - 42 Units

Units by type:

One Bedroom - 48
One Bedroom Deluxe - 10
Two Bedroom - 7
Efficiency Lockoff - 1
Two Bedroom (larger deluxe?) - 27
Two Bedroom Lockoff - 12
Penthouse - 6

The only thing I am not 100% certain on is the two types on non-lockoff 2BR's. There are 2BR's with one bathroom and 2BR's with 2 bathrooms. The suite types on their website show these as 2BR and 2BR Deluxe but these names are not specified on the HOA budgets so it is very possible that some of my 27 "larger" units only have 1 bathroom. I categorized them based on maintenance fee amount. The fee amounts seem to be very consistent in relation to the type and size of the units.

It is interesting that there is a single unit that is an "Efficiency Lockoff". I had been fairly certain that QH had no studios but this is a small lockoff type splits into two studios.

The 2BR lockoffs and the penthouses are probably around the same size in total. Five penthouses are on the 5th floor and presumably extend into the attic as a second floor while one Penthouse is located on the 3rd floor.

The reason some units are not listed on the unit location diagram is because it is only phases 1-7. If you don't see a unit on that diagram then it is likely part of phase 8.

If you need info on a specific unit number shoot me a PM.

I know this is an older post, but thanks for the info. We own 2 weeks at the Quarter House - a 1BR deluxe and a penthouse. The penthouse, #516 is the only unit in the resort with a full kitchen (includes an oven). I haven't seen 2 units that are exactly the same. That's one of the many things that make it delightfully unique.

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
kparam

Also unit 118, “The RiverBoat” room, on the ground floor has an oven from what I remember and the unit pictures I took back in late March of 2005 (not sure if it still has one now)

Greg

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but thanks for the info. We own 2 weeks at the Quarter House - a 1BR deluxe and a penthouse. The penthouse, #516 is the only unit in the resort with a full kitchen (includes an oven). I haven't seen 2 units that are exactly the same. That's one of the many things that make it delightfully unique.

Actually many units have a full kitchen including an oven. The QH has also been gradually updating some of the "partial" kitchens with ovens. I own several units and some of them have ovens. The only way to know for sure is to call because it is not by any specific unit type.

I found out recently that unit 232, which is a 2BR lock-off, has 3 bathrooms. It has 2 baths in the larger half and one in the smaller half. I was pretty sure that only the Penthouse suites had three bathrooms but 232 is at least one exception.

I also found out that 418, which has the maintenance fee of a 2BR deluxe and is almost 1,000 sq ft, apparently only has one bath but I need to verify it with a second source.

kparam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
kparam

Also unit 118, “The RiverBoat” room, on the ground floor has an oven from what I remember and the unit pictures I took back in late March of 2005 (not sure if it still has one now)

Greg

Thanks! I didn't know this.

kparam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually many units have a full kitchen including an oven. The QH has also been gradually updating some of the "partial" kitchens with ovens. I own several units and some of them have ovens. The only way to know for sure is to call because it is not by any specific unit type.

I found out recently that unit 232, which is a 2BR lock-off, has 3 bathrooms. It has 2 baths in the larger half and one in the smaller half. I was pretty sure that only the Penthouse suites had three bathrooms but 232 is at least one exception.

I also found out that 418, which has the maintenance fee of a 2BR deluxe and is almost 1,000 sq ft, apparently only has one bath but I need to verify it with a second source.

This is great information. It's good to know that the Quarter House continues to update the units. I believe our penthouse unit (516) only has 2 bathrooms (one downstairs and the other off the master bedroom upstairs.) We haven't stayed in it yet but look forward to in 2015.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is great information. It's good to know that the Quarter House continues to update the units. I believe our penthouse unit (516) only has 2 bathrooms (one downstairs and the other off the master bedroom upstairs.) We haven't stayed in it yet but look forward to in 2015.

The QH does quite a bit of updating every year. They do a great job.

I thought all six penthouses had 3 baths but I do have unit 516 as having 2 baths in my database. It's crazy how much the units vary.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you exchange in with Interval International, do you get the room that is on the confirmation?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What can you tell me about unit 505 at the Quarter House? Thanks.

I believe it is 1BR Deluxe. It probably sleeps 6. It should be larger than the smaller 1BR units. It is on the 5th floor. It has a higher maintenance fee than the other 1BR deluxe units but this probably has to do with it being a Phase 7 unit rather than size. I do not have any details on windows. If you occupy it please update us on any additional details.

If you call QH and ask for Sheneka she can fill you in on the specific details.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you exchange in with Interval International, do you get the room that is on the confirmation?

I am pretty sure that you do. There have been threads in the past where the exchanger received the same unit number. Obviously any resort has the right to swap the units but they are supposed to hold true to the details on the certificate. That said, I think QH keeps it straightforward and never swaps units unless something is inoperable.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am supposed to be downsizing my portfolio but I just picked up another 2BR at the QH. It was a good deal so I couldn't resist. Now back to trying to get some sold...

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just received an Interval confirmation for unit 216, which is described on the confirmation as being a two bedroom with one bath. Can anyone tell me more about this particular unit?

The reservation is for a week starting March 25, which is Good Friday. Are there any particular plusses or minuses for being in New Orleans over Easter weekend?

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
DB-Wis

Chris Owens Easter Parade – This is an annual Easter parade. The parade snakes through the French Quarter in colorful floats, and included marching bands, and the St. Charles St Car band. We were on Bourbon St (in 2005) catching beads and necklaces they threw from the floats. Both sides of the street were completely packed with people. Haven't been to Mardi Gras but I can now imagine it must be one heck of a crowded celebration just based on what I saw during the Easter parade.

Easter%2BParade%2B3%2B-%2B00hr%2B00min%2B24sec.jpg

Easter%2BParade%2B5%2B-%2B00hr%2B00min%2B18sec.jpg

Easter%2BParade%2B3%2B-%2B00hr%2B02min%2B23sec.jpg

Chris%2BOwensEaster%2BParade%2B1%2B-%2BWaiting%2Bon%2BBourbon%2BSt.JPG

Lots of vendors selling things at that time as well in and around Jackson Square (more than usual I would guess). For example the following was a neat set of cloth prints? that I saw during parade day.

Royal%2BStreet%2BArt%2B2.JPG

Greg

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just received an Interval confirmation for unit 216, which is described on the confirmation as being a two bedroom with one bath. Can anyone tell me more about this particular unit?

The reservation is for a week starting March 25, which is Good Friday. Are there any particular plusses or minuses for being in New Orleans over Easter weekend?

I don't have very much on 216. It was part of phase 5. The sq ft should be decent. The suite name is Chateau Chartres. Can you give me some additional details from your exchange certificate? Is there an oven or a washer/dryer?

Some single bathroom units are handicap accessible and only have a shower with no tub. Not sure if 216 is like that but I know 318 & 418 are like this and probably 218.

Last edited:

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
The confirmation just says it's 2 bedrooms and one bath. An Interval rep (who called to say we had gotten the confirmation) said in a voice mail message that it included a kitchen. I'm not sure whether it includes a washer/dryer.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Thanks for all the great information. Do you (or anyone) have any info on room 202? Good/bad/average? I've heard conflicting info on whether or not it has a kitchen. Thank you!

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Call 'em up and ask! They'll get someone who can answer these questions.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Saintsfanfl, You and other's here were so helpful to me when I was purchasing my unit that I wanted to give you some info to add to you master list.

I own unit # 322 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Lock Out ( I love this unit because its nice and quiet and I love that I pass thru the garden to get to my unit)
Suite Name: L'Hermitage

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great information. Do you (or anyone) have any info on room 202? Good/bad/average? I've heard conflicting info on whether or not it has a kitchen. Thank you!

All the units have a fully equipped kitchen so it definitely has a kitchen. Some have an oven but most do not. I believe that all have at least burners, a microwave, a fridge, and stocked with the standard. II classifies a full size kitchen that is missing an oven as a "limited kitchen". So when you see a QH unit on II showing the full "K" it means it should have an oven and this should be reflected in the details.

Unit 202 is small, near an elevator, and likely noisy.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saintsfanfl, You and other's here were so helpful to me when I was purchasing my unit that I wanted to give you some info to add to you master list.

I own unit # 322 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath Lock Out ( I love this unit because its nice and quiet and I love that I pass thru the garden to get to my unit)
Suite Name: L'Hermitage

Coincidentally I just exchanged into 322AB adding another LO unit to my same owned week 51. I just want to confirm the II details some of which I know are incorrect like they only show one fridge. The Beds are listed as Queens in both rooms. Do you know the sq ft?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coincidentally I just exchanged into 322AB adding another LO unit to my same owned week 51. I just want to confirm the II details some of which I know are incorrect like they only show one fridge. The Beds are listed as Queens in both rooms. Do you know the sq ft?

It’s a 2 BR/ Lock off, and its 987 square feet. I can confirm that there is a fridge on both sides of A and B and the beds are Queen Size. Both bedrooms have the exposed brick wall and I love the location as you walk down the long hallway on 3 then around the corner and down the steps, this is where you pass thru and can see down to the garden area of QH… I love how quiet this unit is…

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what is unit 208 like? My friend just exchanged in and got that unit....thanks