• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Poll: Deal or No Deal..? Newbie buying resale 7k Credits = $395 & seller pays closing/transfer

7k Credits buying from a resale broker for $395 & seller pays for closing/transfer

• Deal

• No Deal

Results are only viewable after voting.

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deal or No Deal... 7k Credits buying from a resale broker for $395 & seller pays for closing/transfer
  • newbie.. wannabe WM owner and never owned a TS before. Figure this a good starter account?
  • I scoured through tug2 market, redweek, ebay, wmowners, google search
  • Open to advice 🙏

OneOldGuy75

Reaction score
I'm a newbie as well - recently “purchased” 20,000 for total all in of $950 ($1 eBay, $399 transfer, $550 broker ) …. $.0475 / credit… yours is right around $.056. Again I’m new but 7000 you pay dues on 7500, not terrible but mulitpes of 5k most cost effective - and I'm not sure how far 7000 stretches depending on how you use -and there's HK fees that will come into play

247gonefishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie as well - recently “purchased” 20,000 for total all in of $950 ($1 eBay, $399 transfer, $550 broker ) …. $.0475 / credit… yours is right around $.056. Again I’m new but 7000 you pay dues on 7500, not terrible but mulitpes of 5k most cost effective - and I'm not sure how far 7000 stretches depending on how you use -and there's HK fees that will come into play
YES🙌... @OneOldGuy75 so Im not the only who built an excel sheet with all my options with credit/buy ratio!!! LOL
  • Yeah... found a 7,500... but no response. Read 7500 does not exist as WM only increments 1k... guess its good for renting in/out?
Goals...
  • Keep MF low (sub 1k, for now)... was looking (not for long) for a 5,000 resale.. no luck
  • Trading on II & access
  • Access to Club Wyndham to rent in/out

Last edited:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
YES🙌... @OneOldGuy75 so Im not the only who built an excel sheet with all my options with credit/buy ratio!!! LOL
  • Yeah... found a 7,500... but no response. Read 7500 does not exist as WM only increments 1k... guess its good for renting in/out?
Goals...
  • Keep MF low (sub 1k, for now)... was looking (not for long) for a 5,000 resale.. no luck
  • Trading on II & access
  • Access to Club Wyndham to rent in/out
WM owner here! You’re not going to get access to Cliub Wyndham with a WM resale purchase. Even if you did, you wouldn’t want it (high fees). You are better off buying a WM & a Wyndham resale separately if you want access to the Wyndham only resorts.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
You need to slow down and research more. Buying a WM resale contract gives you NO access to Wyndamn resorts. If you want that you should buy a resale Wyndamn contract. Worldmark started in the Pacific Northwest and is focused on the West Coast. Do you live On the West Coast?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Deal or No Deal... 7k Credits buying from a resale broker for $395 & seller pays for closing/transfer
  • newbie.. wannabe WM owner and never owned a TS before. Figure this a good starter account?
  • I scoured through tug2 market, redweek, ebay, wmowners, google search
  • Open to advice 🙏

A 7,000 credit membership is pretty good. You would be getting the membership for very little considering the seller is paying the transfer fee. A 10,000 credit membership is better than a 7,000 credit membership, imo. You can add on the 7,000 if you find another bargain. All in all, it's a pretty good deal but could leave you short credits to reserve but you could always rent credits from others.

Bill