• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photo's from our HHV vacation

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I have begun to upload photo's from our HHV vacation. Right now I have the photo's of our 1 bedroom ocean view uploaded and a few of the grounds. I'll be adding additional photo's of the grounds throughout this week as time permits. I thought I'd go ahead an post the link since the unit photo's are up and those seem to be the most popular photo's viewed.

Here's the direct link to our Webshots page. You should only have to click on the photo of my room key. If that fails, you can access our Webshots page using the link in my signature below.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for sharing your photos. :hi:

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
Those are great pictures of the room!

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
How's the pool situation?

We are going with the family for the first week of April, and are curious about how the new Grand Waikikian pool looks. Is it open yet? Is it kid friendly? Is it crowded? How big is it, and do you need to be staying at HGVC to use it? I know these questions have been asked in the abstract before - ie - before it opened, but I'm wondering if it's closer to completion yet, and what the word is on it.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
We are going with the family for the first week of April, and are curious about how the new Grand Waikikian pool looks. Is it open yet? Is it kid friendly? Is it crowded? How big is it, and do you need to be staying at HGVC to use it? I know these questions have been asked in the abstract before - ie - before it opened, but I'm wondering if it's closer to completion yet, and what the word is on it.

We haven't been towards the Waikikian yet. The super pool is open but the pool for the Lagoon tower is under construction and is closed (ie: it's a mess right now). Sometime this week I'll swing by and see if I can take a few pictures of the Grand Waikikian's pool, whatever state it's in. As far as having to be staying at HHV to use it, I would just assume that you would but, I've never bothered to try to use a pool where I'm an owner unless we were staying on the property anyway. So I suppose that it would be possible for HHV owners to get a day pass but really don't have a clue.

I have several more photo's to wade through as time allows and add to the Webshots page. But, the connection here doesn't move as fast as my cable connection at home and it takes to much time to upload more than 6 -10 pics at a time.

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as having to be staying at HHV to use it, I would just assume that you would but, I've never bothered to try to use a pool where I'm an owner unless we were staying on the property anyway. So I suppose that it would be possible for HHV owners to get a day pass but really don't have a clue.

I think I worded my question poorly and wasn't specific enough. In addition to getting details about the physical layout and amenities of the pool, I was trying to gauge how crowded it will be and whether usage is restricted to just people staying at the Waikikian, or people staying there and the Lagoon Tower (where we'll be staying), or to residents of any of the HGVC resorts (as opposed to HHV resorts). I'd imagine that if the pool is all it's hyped to be, it will be rather crowded all of the time, especially if it's open to all occupants at HHV.

Your info has been great. Thanks so much for this report, and keep the photos coming.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I was trying to gauge how crowded it will be and whether usage is restricted to just people staying at the Waikikian, or people staying there and the Lagoon Tower (where we'll be staying), or to residents of any of the HGVC resorts (as opposed to HHV resorts). I'd imagine that if the pool is all it's hyped to be, it will be rather crowded all of the time, especially if it's open to all occupants at HHV.

The new pool will be open to everyone at HHV, not just those staying in HGVC towers. There's another thread here with an official quote on this.

jestme

Reaction score
I'm also here now. In discussion with one of the reps, tho pool won't be open until end of March. The entrance to the Lagoon and Waikikian are open but to get there from the HHV side, you have to walk around construction via a board fence and pathway next to the lagoon lawn.
I'm in Kalia right now, and I'm in the Waikikian next week, so I'll try to post some pics from there when I get there.
The Tropics Bar is also closed, with construction. It is supposed to re-open in April.
Great pics of the Lagoon room and details Doug.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I'm also here now. In discussion with one of the reps, tho pool won't be open until end of March. The entrance to the Lagoon and Waikikian are open but to get there from the HHV side, you have to walk around construction via a board fence and pathway next to the lagoon lawn.
I'm in Kalia right now, and I'm in the Waikikian next week, so I'll try to post some pics from there when I get there.
The Tropics Bar is also closed, with construction. It is supposed to re-open in April.

This is a great resort and location you own at. If it weren't so expensive to get here from the midwest, I'd rather this be our home resort than Vegas, even if the MF's are higher. As it is the cost to get here from Wichita, KS is almost the same as flying to Europe and those flight times are about as long. Not to mention we'd prefer to be here in the winter when it's cold back home but, flying out of the midwest in the winter can be risky for making connections or having a flight canceled. As it was, we spent 2 hours sitting on the tarmac at ORD waiting for them to reclear the runway from that 6 inches of "snow flurries" they received that day.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, Doug. As to those looking toward the ocean, can you tell me where the Rainbow Towers is? We stayed there in the 80's and lucked out with a unit on the 16th floor with a view looking up the beach, toward the dormant volcano.
Enjoy. Blizzard warnings here today.::eek: Kildahl

Last edited:

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

End of march, that sucks.

jestme

Reaction score
I agree it sucks. However, we walked around over there today. To me, they are doing landscaping and final touch ups. The water is all in, warming up, but not re-circulating. There is certainly not 11 weeks of work left, even at "island time". I'd think it will open sooner.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
dougp26364: Your photos are excellent. Thanks for sharing them with us. Our last stay at the Lagoon Tower was in 2004. We had a fabulous time.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Thank you. Nicely done!
Does the Rainbow Tower block the view of the beach going toward Diamond Head?

From my unit I can not see Diamond Head. I do have a great view of the lagoon and a very nice view of the ocean beyond that.

This is a photo of the view from my unit. The Rainbow tower is what's blocking the view up the beach.

Last edited:

annenp

Reaction score
I have begun to upload photo's from our HHV vacation. Right now I have the photo's of our 1 bedroom ocean view uploaded and a few of the grounds. I'll be adding additional photo's of the grounds throughout this week as time permits. I thought I'd go ahead an post the link since the unit photo's are up and those seem to be the most popular photo's viewed.

Here's the direct link to our Webshots page. You should only have to click on the photo of my room key. If that fails, you can access our Webshots page using the link in my signature below.

what Horizon by Marriott location was this???

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
what Horizon by Marriott location was this???

This is the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu.

Thanks for sharing the pics. If we are ever so lucky to get back to HHV, I want that view instead of the mountain, city and view of the marina that we had. :)

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From my unit I can not see Diamond Head. I do have a great view of the lagoon and a very nice view of the ocean beyond that.

Thanks for the pics! Going to the Lagoon Towers in a few weeks, and can hardly wait.

It's almost time to call them with a room request. I have a 2BR+, so my "partial ocean view" should be similar to yours. Which side of the building do you think is best to request? Since you can't see Diamond Head, might it be better to request a harbor view (Ala Moana side of the building)? Or do you think your view of the pool is a better choice?

Thanks.

-Bob

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! Going to the Lagoon Towers in a few weeks, and can hardly wait.

It's almost time to call them with a room request. I have a 2BR+, so my "partial ocean view" should be similar to yours. Which side of the building do you think is best to request? Since you can't see Diamond Head, might it be better to request a harbor view (Ala Moana side of the building)? Or do you think your view of the pool is a better choice?

Thanks.

-Bob

If I were you I would request the same side of the building that is pictured. We stayed in the marina view side, towards the back side of the building overlooking the parking structure and towards the city/mountains. I think the pictures show a much nicer view than we had.

sparkysparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures!! I will be there in April so I really, really hope the new pool will be finished at the end of March.

sparkysparky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, since you are there now, how crowded is it? Does it seem unusually more crowded or less crowded? I imagine this time of year will be different from April due to Spring Break but I just want to get a general feel. Thanks!

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bob
We were at the Lagoon tower last year in a 1 bd, so I think we were defaulted to the west side of the tower (ie - the side that faces the harbor). I would go for the other side of the tower, the same side as pictured above. Perhaps it's a little noisier, although I doubt it, but it looks out on a nicer area. The harbor is not particularly nice to look at, although you do have the ocean beyond it.

We were closer to the elevators, which the end of the tower farthest from the lagoon. I would think that the rooms farther down the hall and closer to the lagoon are better, regardless of whether they're lagoon or marina facing, although I'd prefer to look out on the lagoon and ocean beyond. I can't sayall of this for sure, but this is my inclination. This is especially true because the further down the hall you are, the less the Rainbow Tower blocks your view of the beach.

I'm going to ask to get on the west side when we go in April, but since we're in a regular 1 BD, I think that we're out of luck and are stuck on the Marina facing, not lagoon facing, side of the building. I'd also like to be higher up, but again, I think it's only 1 Bd "plus" units that are on the lagoon side or higher up (beyond the 8th floor, I think). If anyone knows for sure, or has ever had any luck calling up and getting a different unit than what I stayed in last time while only in a 1 BD unit, please let me know.

Thanks for all the great info.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

Thanks.

-Bob

We are on the side facing the lagoon. The pool, which is in front of the building, is under heavy construction right now and is not a pretty sight IMO. On the other side of the building is a large, older condo building. It's not horribly ugly but, personally, I'd rather have the view we're enjoying now rather than the condo building, the harbor, parking and ongoing construction.