• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phase 3 at Kings Land

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Wasn't Phase 3 due to open on October 1? If so, we should start to hear on-site reports, and be able to confirm more details about which rooms are in which buildings.

Very curious to learn more about Phase 3. Thanks!

Best,

Greg

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at Bay Club Sep 24-Oct 1, and Kingsland Phase 3 was open the whole time.

(also the north gate exit/entrance to hwy 19 opened Sep 26).

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Phase 3 opened June 1st.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Can anyone tell me if all the 2BR's at KL have 1 King + 2 Doubles and all the 3 BR's have a King/King/2 Double's?
Is the only difference between the 3BR and 3BR Premier is the floor assignment? ie: Plat Season 12,600 = 1st Floor, 17,250 = 2nd Floor, 23,000 = 3rd Floor
In some previous post's there are references to 10,500 pt 3BR's that I don't see on the current points chart. Did these exist at one point and change?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can anyone tell me if all the 2BR's at KL have 1 King + 2 Doubles and all the 3 BR's have a King/King/2 Double's?
Is the only difference between the 3BR and 3BR Premier is the floor assignment? ie: Plat Season 12,600 = 1st Floor, 17,250 = 2nd Floor, 23,000 = 3rd Floor
In some previous post's there are references to 10,500 pt 3BR's that I don't see on the current points chart. Did these exist at one point and change?

Some 2br have 2 doubles, some have 2 full.

The gold season 3br is 8700 points, 3BR.

3BR
Size 1,600 sqft Accommodates:8
This spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the first floor, features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and bathroom with a standing shower only. The third bedroom includes a queen-size bed and bathroom with a standing shower only. A generous living room includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, full kitchen with rice steamer, and washer/dryer. The suite also features an HD cable TV.

3 Bedroom Premier (3BX)
This spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the second floor as an end unit, features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and bathroom with a standing shower. The third bedroom includes a queen-size bed and bathroom with a standing shower. A generous living room includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, full kitchen with rice steamer, and washer/dryer. The suite also features an HD cable TV.

3LX

This spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai is located on the first, second or third floor as an end unit in buildings 23 and 25 of Phase III. It features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second master bedroom is furnished with a king-size bed and bathroom with a standing shower. The third bedroom includes two full-size beds and adjoining bathroom (across from the bedroom with hallway access) with a standing shower. A generous living room includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and washer/dryer. An extensive Lanai with panoramic golf course views includes a dining table for four with an additional loveseat, coffee table and chairs. The suite also features an HD cable TV, and upgraded features include hard wood doors and wood accents, high end finishes, and luxury vinyl tile with the look of hard wood throughout the unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks SmithOP! That helps clear this up for me. It would work better for some of our travel if the 2nd BR had a Q or K. My wife and I sleep in a King @ home and traveling with another couple poses bedding challenges. I guess the best options for us are two 1 BR's or a 3 BR.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
TS
[/QUOTE]
Thanks SmithOP! That helps clear this up for me. It would work better for some of our travel if the 2nd BR had a Q or K. My wife and I sleep in a King @ home and traveling with another couple poses bedding challenges. I guess the best options for us are two 1 BR's or a 3 BR.

I usually just get two 1Br when traveling with another couple for just that reason... plus I sometimes get tired of the other couple and like having my own space...

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It appears that some of the 1 BR's have two beds, at lest I think I’ve seen a floor plan along the way that shows 2 beds n a 1 BR. If so, are those tied to a particular unit type or code @ KL?

Last edited:

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I'm doing a deep dive on KL so I just saw this. Maybe you got the answer you were looking for, but according to the booking page it seems the code 1DR has 2 beds in the master:

This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the first floor, features a master bedroom with two double beds and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The suite includes a generous living room with HD cable TV,and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen with rice steamer and washer/dryer.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm doing a deep dive on KL so I just saw this. Maybe you got the answer you were looking for, but according to the booking page it seems the code 1DR has 2 beds in the master:

This spacious one-bedroom, one-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the first floor, features a master bedroom with two double beds and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The suite includes a generous living room with HD cable TV,and queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a full kitchen with rice steamer and washer/dryer.

Thanks for posting that. My account was just opened after the first of the year so I can now see all the room descriptions and bed details. My SIL was able to book something for me earlier this month with some extra points they have as I’m still waiting for some points to post. We ended up booking a 1BX for 10 nights In October, which has a King.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for posting that. My account was just opened after the first of the year so I can now see all the room descriptions and bed details. My SIL was able to book something for me earlier this month with some extra points they have as I’m still waiting for some points to post. We ended up booking a 1BX for 10 nights In October, which has a King.

I’ve got a 3br in October, fingers crossed it will be a lot easier to fly there by then. Flights already booked.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 3br in October, fingers crossed it will be a lot easier to fly there by then. Flights already booked.

We're going for Thanksgiving. We have flights but too soon for rooms. Because we have way too many extra points, we're going to try KL since it costs more than our usual places, but worth to check out. 1BD for us as just two of us.

Will further research where to try and stay (room type) as we get closer.

Cheers.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I booked HI flights in early December and just had my SIL book the KL room a couple weeks ago. This is in place of a trip we had scheduled for October 2020. We just pulled the plug yesterday on a mid March trip to FL (Non HGVC), that we have been doing for the past 10 years. Booked a late April trip to Myrtle in place of that one.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
We're going for Thanksgiving. We have flights but too soon for rooms. Because we have way too many extra points, we're going to try KL since it costs more than our usual places, but worth to check out. 1BD for us as just two of us.

Will further research where to try and stay (room type) as we get closer.

Cheers.

We love KL! We are trying to head there this May, assuming we can sort through the testing requirements. At least we aren’t trying to do Kauai...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
We will be at KL the last week in May. Hopefully, things will settle down and we'll see a big improvement in the overall conditions by then.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Not sure when you’re traveling, but just a heads up that the Ironman is supposed to be held on Sat 10/9 and the bike portion of the race goes up past Kings Land.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are also heading to KL for a week in May! seems like a popular month for Tuggers this year...

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
We are also heading to KL for a week in May! seems like a popular month for Tuggers this year...

Socially Distant Gathering???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love KL! We are trying to head there this May, assuming we can sort through the testing requirements. At least we aren’t trying to do Kauai...

We prefer Bay Club and Kohala from a location and general layour standpoint. KL doesn't look as attractive. With that said, the bar is far better and folks seem to really like it, so having a points surplus makes it worth a try before we go back to the other property in the future.

We went to Kauai in 2019 and stayed at a fabulous Hyatt in Poipu. We will definitely go back there...when we can :)

At least by November we'll have been vaccinated, so there is that.

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We prefer Bay Club and Kohala from a location and general layour standpoint. KL doesn't look as attractive. With that said, the bar is far better and folks seem to really like it, so having a points surplus makes it worth a try before we go back to the other property in the future.

We went to Kauai in 2019 and stayed at a fabulous Hyatt in Poipu. We will definitely go back there...when we can :)

At least by November we'll have been vaccinated, so there is that.

Cheers.

So far Kings Land is our favorite location on the Big Island, we like the big pool and pool bar. I would like to try Bay Club, but my wife always wants Kings Land.

I know people complain that HGV keeps adding multiple resorts in the same locations, but one advantage of that is you can usually find a property that matches your personal vacation preferences.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far Kings Land is our favorite location on the Big Island, we like the big pool and pool bar. I would like to try Bay Club, but my wife always wants Kings Land.

I know people complain that HGV keeps adding multiple resorts in the same locations, but one advantage of that is you can usually find a property that matches your personal vacation preferences.

We prefer the small, quiet pools (at Bay Club, DVC, etc.). The big pool at KL is very nice and just not somewhere we'd want to spend time hanging out. Crowded (although maybe not at present :)) and full of kids. The bar, however, is primo.

But, yes, very different vibe at KL versus Bay Club/Kohala. And different, yet again, at HWV. KL will be the last of 4 for us to try (HWV was in the hotel part before there was a HGVC there).

Cheers.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to add except that we will be at Kingsland for 2 weeks on an RCI exchange starting the Saturday before Memorial Day.

We're really excited. Our kids are young and the pool looks great....which is why we chose that over Bay Club / Kohala.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We prefer the small, quiet pools (at Bay Club, DVC, etc.). The big pool at KL is very nice and just not somewhere we'd want to spend time hanging out. Crowded (although maybe not at present :)) and full of kids. The bar, however, is primo.

But, yes, very different vibe at KL versus Bay Club/Kohala. And different, yet again, at HWV. KL will be the last of 4 for us to try (HWV was in the hotel part before there was a HGVC there).

Cheers.

They do have an adults-only pool at Kings Land. That's where we hung out during our pool time exactly a year ago this week.

We were supposed to be on Maui right now on the second week of a three week Kauai/Maui/Big Island trip. We would have been back to Kings Land next week, but Hawaii's travel restrictions were too unpredictable, so we delayed, hoping they will get more open to tourism by the fall. We rebooked Kauai and Maui for October 2021, and then we hope to go back to Maui and Kings Land in February 2022. I'm more optimistic about 2022 than I am October.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They do have an adults-only pool at Kings Land. That's where we hung out during our pool time exactly a year ago this week.

There is actually two adult / quiet pools at Kings Land. There is the smaller quiet pool between buildings 3 and 4, and then a larger adult pool as a part of the main pool area. The one a the main pool complex is obviously busier and noisier, but its been calm enough for me to read and relax.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My vote has always been:

If Pools are priority pick Kings' Land.

If room size is your priority pick Bay Club

If view is your priority pick Ocean Tower (or stay in Oahu)