• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phase 3 at Kings Land

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
While kids did homework, I walked over to the construction site yesterday. Using lanai size as a guide (and roof configuration), I think that the middle building is entirely K Small/Phase 2 size units, with 1BRs facing the parking lot and 2BRs facing the golf course -- so really just a bigger version of the existing Phase 2 buildings.

I can't figure out the end buildings, as the roofs are different from both Phase 1 and Phase 2. Again based on size of the lanai, they appear to have 1BR and 2BR units that face the parking lot and then all 2BRs (and end unit 3BRs) that face the golf course. Based on the Accommodations description in the points chart, the ones facing the parking lot must be K Small/Phase 2 units, and the ones facing the golf course should be F Large/Phase 1 units. So truly a hybrid building?

These units are about as far away from the super pool as I would want to be. Realistically, even these units are a trek to the pool -- farther than Building 1 in Phase 1.

I wonder if Kings Land will bifurcate into two types of units -- those units with easy access to the Super Pool and Clubhouse (Phase 1 and 2) and those units that are more like Kohala Suites, ie great units next to a modest pool, and requiring a logistical exercise to get to the property amenities? I would be a little disappointed to pay Phase 1 point pricing and be located in Phase 3 -- and yet the floor layouts indicate that some of the Phase 3 units will be the F Large layouts.

Interesting.

Best,

Greg

Thanks for the detailed report! How many buildings are there for phase three? When we were there in May i saw two under construction, but i could not tell if that was it, or if they just had not started on more... Believe something i read a while back had indicated the original plans was for a total of five phases at Kings Land.. But of course things change over time in reaction to the economy and market..

From your description it sounds like the only place for Golf Course view in 1BR will remain in Phase one.

As for the trek back to main activities, i agree that sounds far... but to be honest i may have been know to drive to main pool if i was going in the heat of the day...

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any way they would allow a resale 12,600 unit to be used as equity yo purchase a higher points unit?

I believe HGVC will almost always take units back in trade towards a larger purchase.. Its debatable if that is a good deal, but its an option. I traded my original gold Vegas contract towards a larger package at Kings Land. The numbers worked well for us at the time.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It is interesting -- I do think the Ocean Tower conversion will make a major difference to the stability of HWV, because the same number of hotel guests are now split between two towers versus three, and now all the timeshare visitors will be incremental -- and I bet that tower will have high occupancy.

Marriott is doing something similar next door -- converting part of their hotel to timeshares, probably for the same reason.

I was a little worried that Hilton halted worked at Waikoloa Village since the last tower renovation was back in 2012 - http://www.examiner.com/article/hilton-waikoloa-village-debuts-renovations-to-lobby-and-guest-rooms

But I found an article that confirms that Hilton finally updated the Palace Tower at Waikoloa Village which is encouraging news :) - http://hiltonglobalmediacenter.com/...stinctive-experience-hale-ike-at-palace-tower

I agree that it is best for HGVC to build out and sell Kings Land as much as they can, and I also think that if the HWV were to sell, Kings Land access would be attractive to a potential buyer of the the hotel, as they would like the incremental business that comes from those visitors.

Yes, I'm sure any new owners would be willing to offer access at a price which could be included in Kings Land's annual MF or pay per use (like Bay Club).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I met a sales rep at the breakfast buffet (skip it). Asked a few questions:

1) Phase 3 is 50/50 on K Small/F Large room splits.
2) Ocean Tower next project up (estimated for 2017)
3) Ocean Tower will be all Studio/1BRs
4) future phases of KL will be after OT is complete
5) Maui still progressing but no timing on when sales will start

Will be interesting to track.

Best,

Greg

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
All,

I met a sales rep at the breakfast buffet (skip it). Asked a few questions:

1) Phase 3 is 50/50 on K Small/F Large room splits.
2) Ocean Tower next project up (estimated for 2017)
3) Ocean Tower will be all Studio/1BRs
4) future phases of KL will be after OT is complete
5) Maui still progressing but no timing on when sales will start

Thanks for getting this information.

I'm glad to hear Ocean Tower will have studios (fewer points means more nights when a friend doesn't go with me) but hope they put in kitchenette sinks like HHV Lagoon studios and not follow the design in Kalia. I expect staying there will mean paying for parking like at HHV, something that can't be avoided on the Big Island.

Regardless, I like staying at this property and always ask for Ocean Tower although I know most people hate the distance from it to the lobby.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear Ocean Tower will have studios (fewer points means more nights when a friend doesn't go with me) but hope they put in kitchenette sinks like HHV Lagoon studios and not follow the design in Kalia. I expect staying there will mean paying for parking like at HHV, something that can't be avoided on the Big Island.

Regardless, I like staying at this property and always ask for Ocean Tower although I know most people hate the distance from it to the lobby.

We also prefer the Ocean Tower. I wish they were also building 2 bedrooms.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the Ocean Tower update :).

I agree two bedrooms would be nice. Perhaps they could offer one bedroom unit with either a king bed or two queen beds (instead of double beds).

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I expect staying there will mean paying for parking like at HHV, something that can't be avoided on the Big Island.

I am not sure HGVC member will have to pay to park.. Believe Valet parking has been free for me at the hotel when staying at Kings Land or Kohala Suites.. Think i just give them my room number and no charge, though maybe we had to show something as well..

But perhaps that is tied to the "day use" feature and people staying on site will have to pay just like hotel guests.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

This is our last day at Kings Land and I've really enjoyed the trip. We've done alot of great excursions/beach days on the Big Island and there is much to like about this island. I also like the HWV as an excursion in its own right, and also enjoy coming back to the Kings Land pool. Being in Building 6 has been great, it makes a big difference having the proximity to Super Pool/Clubhouse/Fitness Center and I think being in Phase 3 will have a different feel. I'd rather be in Kohala Suites than in Phase 3, but I suspect room requests to be in Phase 1 will get honored. Phase 2 may be a tougher one to request and obtain, since alot of K Small inventory will be in Phase 3.

There is another intangible to Phase 1 that I really like -- at least at this time of year (does this hold year round?). The lanai appears to never get direct sun, which makes it very comfortable in both the morning and evening. I think the orientation of the buildings makes that true for all of Phase 1, and I think Phase 2 and Phase 3 will have the opposite impact.

We will definitely return to Kings Land and would request Phase 1 again. It is tremendous to have such availability here, and I was able to book this reservation six months out -- even approaching a holiday weekend. Truly, a terrific opportunity for us.

Best,

Greg

Edited: Google Earth users can see the footprint of how Phase 3 lays out -- they've got the fencing up.

Last edited:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will definitely return to Kings Land and would request Phase 1 again.

You used this language several times and I'm confused. :wall: What do you mean "request"? You book whatever phase you want that's available. I wouldn't call that a "request" - I'd say you are picking the phase you want. If you're staying at MGM in Vegas you can "request" a view of the strip or to be near the ice machine.

We'll be out there in March and have a 2BR ground floor unit in Phase 2. It's the perfect room for us since we have 2 little girls and opening the door and letting them run around on the lawn is a great feature. While the walk over to the super pool is farther than being in Phase 1/Building 6....it's not as far as some other buildings in Phase 1. And since there are only 2 buildings in Phase 2 we know exactly where we'll be and what the distance will be to the pool. And it's FEWER POINTS!!! So that all adds up to a win for us.

Since Phase 3 is going to be so far from the super pool the only reason I would see it as a good option would if the points were less than Phase 2. And that's not going to happen based on the charts posted in this thread.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You used this language several times and I'm confused. :wall: What do you mean "request"? You book whatever phase you want that's available. I wouldn't call that a "request" - I'd say you are picking the phase you want. .

Sorry about that - my error. I meant to say that I would book a 10,500 or 12,600 point room (which I think will exist in both Phase 1 and Phase 3) and will request to be in Phase 1. Conversely, the 7,000 point room I believe will be in both Phase 2 and Phase 3, so it will be important to request the Phase 2 buildings if you want close proximity to super pool.

I hope that makes sense. Thx!

Last edited:

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

This is our last day at Kings Land and I've really enjoyed the trip. We've done alot of great excursions/beach days on the Big Island and there is much to like about this island. I also like the HWV as an excursion in its own right, and also enjoy coming back to the Kings Land pool. Being in Building 6 has been great, it makes a big difference having the proximity to Super Pool/Clubhouse/Fitness Center and I think being in Phase 3 will have a different feel. I'd rather be in Kohala Suites than in Phase 3, but I suspect room requests to be in Phase 1 will get honored. Phase 2 may be a tougher one to request and obtain, since alot of K Small inventory will be in Phase...

Greg,
We were there as well and left the 19th. Did you notice the zoning notice at the service entrance at The Hilton Wakoloa for timeshare units in the Ocean Tower?

Harry

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Greg,
We were there as well and left the 19th. Did you notice the zoning notice at the service entrance at The Hilton Wakoloa for timeshare units in the Ocean Tower?

Harry

No I missed that - did it say anything in particular, or just more evidence of a pending conversion?

Best,

Greg

OrangeOctober11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help Kingsland experts.

I'm debating between a phase 2 - 2 bedroom (small) which exist in phase 2/3 so I would request 2.

The other option is a small cheaper 3 bedroom or the more expensive 3 bedroom.

Where are the cheap 3 bedrooms? (Phase 1, 2, 3?)
Where are the more expensive points larger 3 bedrooms (phase 1, 2, 3?)

Thanks for your help! Total newbie to Kingsland and trying to get my hands on a rooms map and understand the layout of the buildings. Anyone have?

Thanks!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please help Kingsland experts.

I'm debating between a phase 2 - 2 bedroom (small) which exist in phase 2/3 so I would request 2.

The other option is a small cheaper 3 bedroom or the more expensive 3 bedroom.

Where are the cheap 3 bedrooms? (Phase 1, 2, 3?)
Where are the more expensive points larger 3 bedrooms (phase 1, 2, 3?)

Thanks for your help! Total newbie to Kingsland and trying to get my hands on a rooms map and understand the layout of the buildings. Anyone have?

Thanks!
The larger more expensive 3 bedrooms will be in phase 1. Not certain if phase two has 3 bedroom units.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

OrangeOctober11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Ok so im trying to figure out where the cheaper 3 bedrooms are located at in Phase 1? Does anyone know what buildings in Phase 1 have the cheaper 3 bedrooms?

I would also hate to get stuck in phase 3 so I guess I will just have to request and pray.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks!

Ok so im trying to figure out where the cheaper 3 bedrooms are located at in Phase 1? Does anyone know what buildings in Phase 1 have the cheaper 3 bedrooms?

I would also hate to get stuck in phase 3 so I guess I will just have to request and pray.

Based on GregT's post #25 earlier the cheaper 3br are in phase 3, end units. The floor plans are in post #12, phase 3 units have smaller sq footage and smaller lanai.

I previously believed the top floor 3br premier were the high point and second floor were lower but since phase 3 completed I dont know what to believe. :)

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a 3 br in phase one for lower points 10500. It was in building 5 first floor. I believe there are only 4 of this type unit. The layout is like a 2 br with an additional br suite off the living room with the door between the couch and kitchen counter. This suite is quite large almost the size of the master bd. The bathroom has a long walk in shower.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

I know they have 12,600 point 3BR rooms in Phase 1, although I do not know how many there are. I've looked for them and their availability is pretty spotty.

Maybe with Phase 3 opening, if there are also 12,600's in Phase 3, that will improve access. It's still not clear to me what rooms are in which buildings in Phase 3, and I will look forward to on-site reports from people who are staying there.

Best,

Greg

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phase 2 2BR's are great. Go with the 7,000 point option so you get the ground floor with the extra living/play space outside on the lawn. The 8,400 "premium" 2BR's are a waste of points - same view, same room, more difficult access to outside since you have to use the stair/elevator, no lawn to let the kids play on).

Plus, Phase 2 is WAY closer to the main pool and restaurant area. Phase 3 may require a Sherpa to haul your stuff to the main pool. I don't know what the prices are right now for Phase 2 vs. 3 but if you can your best bet is Phase 2. PS - there are no 3BR's in Phase 2. Just 1's and 2's.

Last edited:

OrangeOctober11

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked the 'cheap' small 2 bedroom.

I've never been to this property.

Can you experts tell me if we will get Phase 2 automatically, or if there is now a chance we will get Phase or the less desirable Phase 3?

If so, how/what should I request when I call in? Should I just say that I'd like Phase 2, or is there a building number I should request?

I'm trying to picture where Phase 2 is and any info on what I should to do to give me the best chance at Phase 2 is appreciated. I'm kind of annoyed that you can't just book "Phase 2" and know what you are getting.

Thanks!

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phase 1 has 3 bedroom units in building 5 and I believe building 9 or 10. They are the end units in the building. The lowest points 10500 is the bottom floor. The 2nd floor is plus and top 3rd floor is premier. The layout is like a 2 bedroom with a second roomy master suite with private bath. Phase 1 building numbers are 1 to 11. Refer to posting #24 in the posting for map of Waikoloa area. The horizontal road goes through Kingsland with phase one above the road and phase 2 and 3 below the road. The road now extends to the highway on the right in the map and the gate will be opening this month providing the second access to Waikoloa. This means thru traffic and people staying in phase 2 and 3 will need to cross this road to the main pool.

If you go from left to right in phase 1,you have buildings 11,10,9,8 and 7, the check in and main pool in the large building structure, then buildings 6,5,4,3,2,1 then the administration and operations building. The other buildings left of this is phase 4 and not built yet.

On the other side of the road,from left to right is phase 2 , then phase 3. As you can see, phase 2 would be closer to the main pool. Phase 2 does not have any 3 bedrooms.i do not know too much about Phase 3 but and where the 3 bedrooms are. I was told phase 3 has phase 1 and phase 2 type units and equivalent points. Before phase 3 opened, it was clear which phase you reserved based on the number of points. Now you need to call the front desk and request which phase you prefer based on the number of points for the reservation.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheap/small 2BR is in Phase 2 are on the ground floor. That room/phase combo is also the BEST place to stay at KL so you should be thrilled! I say "best" because it's a known/good distance from the main pool and the restaurant (rather than a potential hike from Building 10 or 11 in Phase 1 or anything in Phase 3). And it's ground level so you have the lovely, manicured grass right outside the door which expands the living space and is wonderful for kids to play on if that applies to you. Also much easier access to the BBQ via the back door and not having to navigate the stairs/elevator. And it's the cheapest amount of points which is obviously good.

To pay for premier or premium at KL is a waste IMO. The view is the same as the ground floor, just slightly higher and you can see farther across the lava fields. All the rooms are great and clean so that's not a Phase 1/2/3 factor.

I'd say the only bad rooms at KL are the 1BR in Phase 2. You are stuck with a parking lot view. Perhaps Phase 3 will be slightly diminished with the long, long walk to the big pool and restaurant. Time will tell.

Phase 2 is the best! Nice job.

Jeremy

OrangeOctober11

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheap/small 2BR is in Phase 2 are on the ground floor. That room/phase combo is also the BEST place to stay at KL so you should be thrilled! I say "best" because it's a known/good distance from the main pool and the restaurant (rather than a potential hike from Building 10 or 11 in Phase 1 or anything in Phase 3). And it's ground level so you have the lovely, manicured grass right outside the door which expands the living space and is wonderful for kids to play on if that applies to you. Also much easier access to the BBQ via the back door and not having to navigate the stairs/elevator. And it's the cheapest amount of points which is obviously good.

To pay for premier or premium at KL is a waste IMO. The view is the same as the ground floor, just slightly higher and you can see farther across the lava fields. All the rooms are great and clean so that's not a Phase 1/2/3 factor.

I'd say the only bad rooms at KL are the 1BR in Phase 2. You are stuck with a parking lot view. Perhaps Phase 3 will be slightly diminished with the long, long walk to the big pool and restaurant. Time will tell.

Phase 2 is the best! Nice job.

Jeremy

Thanks! We are excited. We just a little concerned that we will get stuck in Phase 3. So should I just call and put in the request now and call again when we get closer to be in Phase 2?

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears as if KL hasn't updated the booking website (at least the old system, Revolution module). When you go there to book a room it says you're in building 1 - 11 or 21 - 22. But that's not right since now they have Phase 3 (assuming those buildings will start with a 3).

In other words, they are telling you you'll be in building 21-22 and that's not the case. Make a screen shot when you book your room and then start talking with the manager at KL and say "this says I booked building 21 or 22 and that's where I expect to be".

I would be concerned about Phase 3 as well. Too far from everything and on the wrong side of the newly opened road.