• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pass ROFR recently

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I was just viewing dioxide's ROFR website. I was amazed at some of the bargains out there that recently has passed ROFR. These are full year not EOY. Here are a few:

Canyon Villas - Gold - $4100
Branson - Platinum - $2800
Desert Springs Villas I - Red - $8500
Grand Ocean - Bronze - $1700
Shadow Ridge - Silver - $1681
Cypress Harbor - Sport - $4200
Grand Chateau - Platinum $11100
Newport Coast Villas - Platinum - $15850

These prices make entry into Marriott's timeshares really reasonable. Congratulations to those purchasers.

http://dioxide45.tripod.com/cgi-bin/rofr.cgi

Here is the link.

Last edited:

NJN2Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just viewing dioxide's ROFR website. I was amazed at some of the bargains out there that recently has passed ROFR. These are full year not EOY. Here are a few:

Canyon Villas - Gold - $4100
Branson - Platinum - $2800
Desert Springs Villas I - Red - $8500
Grand Ocean - Bronze - $1700
Shadow Ridge - Silver - $1681
Cypress Harbor - Sport - $4200
Grand Chateau - Platinum $11100
Newport Coast Villas - Platinum - $15850

These prices make entry into Marriott's timeshares really reasonable.

http://dioxide45.tripod.com/cgi-bin/rofr.cgi

Here is the link.

The Branson-Platinum $2800 is mine. It is annual 2bd room lockout and I was totally suprised that it did pass!

I attribute this to 2 possible reasons:

First, branson's onsite sales office closed recently. So if you want to buy in Branson direct from marriott you can only buy from other locations or corporate office in FL.

Secondly, they scaled back their original construction plans from total of 7 bldgs to 5 bldg.

Sales must be really slow here and I assume they have plenty of inventory still to sell since construction is still going on.

These prices just shows that we should all try to get the best resale price and not worry too much about ROFR.

John.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
WOW njn2mom and json717. Great prices at great resorts.

NJN2Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Branson-Platinum $2800 is mine. It is annual 2bd room lockout and I was totally suprised that it did pass! ....

John.

Did you buy it off eBay? I called (emailed) about one newly listed for $4950 on Redweek yesterday. It was already sold.

Terry

PS - There is a BeachPlace plat. on eBay that has a high "buy it now" price. $18K +/-.
I bid $10K and did not reach the reserve. Oh well.

Last edited:

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cross your fingers for me. My recent offer for a platinum week at OceanWatch was submitted for a ROFR waiver today. I'm planning to update the ROFR database with the results either way.

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you buy it off eBay? I called (emailed) about one newly listed for $4950 on Redweek yesterday. It was already sold.

Terry

PS - There is a BeachPlace plat. on eBay that has a high "buy it now" price. $18K +/-.
I bid $10K and did not reach the reserve. Oh well.

No did not buy off ebay. Responded to an resale ad on one of the timeshare sites (don't remember which one I looked at probably all of them). I just know that I virtually looked everywhere on the internet for the best price, Ad originally was asking for $3500 got it down to $2800. Definitely got lucky with this one but I also did spend a lot of time searching.

John.

By the way, there is a shadow ridge 2bd lockoff platinum on ebay for a pretty good price, still have over 4 hours left as of 5:30eastern.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way, there is a shadow ridge 2bd lockoff platinum on ebay for a pretty good price, still have over 4 hours left as of 5:30eastern.

Thanks, but if I am going to buy just a trader I would rather spend less than $8-9K that this SR will ultimately end up at. I was looking at Ocean Pointe and BeachPlace as a use resort. I ran across a 3BR gold at OP for $15K that is still very tempting.

Terry

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
No did not buy off ebay. Responded to an resale ad on one of the timeshare sites (don't remember which one I looked at probably all of them). I just know that I virtually looked everywhere on the internet for the best price, Ad originally was asking for $3500 got it down to $2800. Definitely got lucky with this one but I also did spend a lot of time searching.

John.

Great deal...my Branson passed at $4,780 and I am happy.... there are great deals out there now and as I don't intend on selling my 3 Marriott weeks, a dip in the prices at this time is not going to affect me. In the long term, I believe we all have an excellent product ...... and will not suffer from the current dip in prices.

tmbacon

Reaction score
Cross your fingers for me. My recent offer for a platinum week at OceanWatch was submitted for a ROFR waiver today. I'm planning to update the ROFR database with the results either way.

Good luck chuckles! Let us know how it goes. We are very seriously contemplating resale at OW platinum. Would be interested to hear how it went for you. :)

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a Timber Lodge (Tahoe) platinum summer EY week late last year for $10K that passed. Was a little surprised at that one.

dmaxdmax

Reaction score
Good luck chuckles! Let us know how it goes. We are very seriously contemplating resale at OW platinum. Would be interested to hear how it went for you. :)

I second the good wishes! After seeing OceanWatch platinum plus pass ROFL at $18.5 I decided to start paying closer attention. (I don't know what kind of premium the "plus" carries but it has to be something. I wouldn't want it but obviously others do)

We'll also consider OW platinum but are on hold for a little while.

tmbacon

Reaction score
I second the good wishes! After seeing OceanWatch platinum plus pass ROFL at $18.5 I decided to start paying closer attention. (I don't know what kind of premium the "plus" carries but it has to be something. I wouldn't want it but obviously others do)

We'll also consider OW platinum but are on hold for a little while.

Yep I saw that $18,500 - that's pretty amazing. :eek: Also, I think premium "plus" might be reference to the timeframe around July 4th, can anyone confirm?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep I saw that $18,500 - that's pretty amazing. :eek: Also, I think premium "plus" might be reference to the timeframe around July 4th, can anyone confirm?

Wow, where was that sold? Even ebay would have gotten a higher price for that. I think I have a few of the low ones on the ROFR list, Newport Coast plat at $14700, and Grand Ocean OF Gold at $13800.

Regards.
Joe

S

Steamboat Bill

Only the Park City prices seem to be holding for ski weeks

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My NCV platinum passed ROFR at 15,000 last week!!!

chalucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dsv I

Hey Chris..........As you know (as a fellow owner) , DSV I doesn't have a ROFR so we can throw that one out of the list.

saxman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forums here, but would like to add information about a Marriott unit that I purchased off ebay in the middle of March. I came to know around the end of June that it had passed ROFR. I am not sure what the criteria for Marriott is for ROFR, but the price I paid was around 4050. Included in the auction was also a stay for this year. Total price was around 5363 including the fees for 2008 and also other costs associated with the transfer.

Marriott Cypress Harbour - Sport Week
Annual Fees - 794
Every Year Usage

Perhaps this is a gauge for what the floor level is for Marriott to exercise ROFR.

Last edited:

dmaxdmax

Reaction score
Wow, where was that sold? Even ebay would have gotten a higher price for that. I think I have a few of the low ones on the ROFR list, Newport Coast plat at $14700, and Grand Ocean OF Gold at $13800.

Regards.
Joe

Don't know any more than it was on the ROFR list.