• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pass ROFR recently

disneydor

Reaction score
It was sold on Vacation Timeshare and Rentals. I had it listed on a few sites for a year at $22000 and also talked with a few timeshare resalers. People were coming back with offers for $14000 and less that I refused. We took the 18500 because I sold it myself so I did not have to pay a commission. We bought it a couple of years ago, took some great trips so we pretty much broke even. After a year that was the best offer we got so we took it and it is going to a very nice young couple so I am very happy with that decision. I'm not sure where all these people are that want to pay high prices for timeshares but I did not hear from any of them.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Hey Chris..........As you know (as a fellow owner) , DSV I doesn't have a ROFR so we can throw that one out of the list.

Chalucky

Your right...Didn't catch that one. I now see it should have been DSV II. Thanks for the catch.

Last edited:

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Chalucky

Your right...Didn't catch that one. I think the person had it on the website and said it passed ROFR, although as you had said, there is no ROFR at DSV I. Thanks for the catch.

The only DSVI on the ROFR list indicates N/A for the ROFR Status. This would be accurate for a location without ROFR.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Hey Chris..........As you know (as a fellow owner) , DSV I doesn't have a ROFR so we can throw that one out of the list.
I added my Fairways Villas to the list even though there is no ROFR...it is good information to see actual selling prices of all the resorts.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I added my Fairways Villas to the list even though there is no ROFR...it is good information to see actual selling prices of all the resorts.

I think that is an excelent idea!

Ray

gregloucks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an ROFR waiver from Marriott on a Newport Coast fixed week 52 at $18,900. They literally waited until the end of the day on day number 15 to reply. I added it to the database. After looking at this post, I hope I didn't pay too much.

Last edited:

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $4,200 Cypress Harbour sport week is me. I'm still waiting on the final deed to be recorded but it should be any day now.

I also just picked up a Special week at Cypress Harbour for $6,000! I'm not holding my breath for that passing ROFR though. Very excited about that for that price!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just viewing dioxide's ROFR website. I was amazed at some of the bargains out there that recently has passed ROFR. These are full year not EOY. Here are a few:

Canyon Villas - Gold - $4100
Branson - Platinum - $2800
Desert Springs Villas I - Red - $8500
Grand Ocean - Bronze - $1700
Shadow Ridge - Silver - $1681
Cypress Harbor - Sport - $4200
Grand Chateau - Platinum $11100
Newport Coast Villas - Platinum - $15850

These prices make entry into Marriott's timeshares really reasonable. Congratulations to those purchasers.

http://dioxide45.tripod.com/cgi-bin/rofr.cgi

Here is the link.
John 2008-08-25 Marriott MHB-MO, Branson, Horizons by Marriott Vacation Club at Branson Platinum Annual 2BR N/A $2,800 Passed

This one blows my mind!!:annoyed: I wonder why it sold so cheaply. It sold less than a silver or bronze season Park City.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

Where did you get the Fairways? Is it platinum? I can't find the entry on the database. How much did you pay?

I am interested in a platinum contract there myself. I am going to sell one or two of my MMC Platinum to get one or two MFVs instead. We didn't like MMC and we love MVFs. With this economy it pays to own where you want to go. Anyway, the Marriott Fairways at Seaview is only 1 hour from home without summer traffic.

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second the good wishes! After seeing OceanWatch platinum plus pass ROFL at $18.5 I decided to start paying closer attention. (I don't know what kind of premium the "plus" carries but it has to be something. I wouldn't want it but obviously others do)

We'll also consider OW platinum but are on hold for a little while.

Thanks for the good wishes. I got word that Marriott waived ROFR last week on the Platinum, OceanFront unit at Oceanwatch: 20k. Probably not a record, but it seems like a good deal.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jdetar, i purchased my special season at Cypress Harbour for 6K a couple of years ago. I am confident you will pass ROFR.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NJNMom: I'm novice at Ebay: How is one notified that it passed ROFR? How long does that process take? How do you know there is a minimum bid required once you place a bid?

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
NJNMom: I'm novice at Ebay: How is one notified that it passed ROFR? How long does that process take? How do you know there is a minimum bid required once you place a bid?

From Marriott's perspective, it seems to be a "deal" between the seller and Marriott. The seller provides Marriott with information about the seller, the buyer, and the purchase agreement, and Marriott has the option to purchase from the seller for what the seller was going to get.

In my case (as the buyer), the title company offered to file the ROFR paperwork for us, and the title company informed us of the ROFR status. It took about two weeks for Marriott to decide. I'm assuming that Marriott responds to whoever files the paperwork, and that should be the seller or someone acting on their behalf of the seller, such as a title company.

NJN2Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
to cathy...answers... from my experience

As far as Ebay, the posted auction usually says whether there is a minimum bid ie. "reserve" price. The TS I purchased was listed as "no reserve".

It took almost all 30 days Marriott has for me to be notified that it passed ROFR. I was notified by the closing company, American Timeshare Closing. I just learned yesterday that the deed was back from James City county recording office and the closing company was ready to complete the Marriott Transfer Docs. So the process does take a bit of time. :wall: 2-4 weeks for Marriott to pass ROFR, a few more weeks for the deed to be recorded and then whatever time for Marriott to process the transfer documents.

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summit Watch Gold ($4700) passed ROFR within two days. I was reluctant to give it away for that price. It has been a great trader and gets an AC!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Where did you get the Fairways? Is it platinum? I can't find the entry on the database. How much did you pay?

I am interested in a platinum contract there myself. I am going to sell one or two of my MMC Platinum to get one or two MFVs instead. We didn't like MMC and we love MVFs. With this economy it pays to own where you want to go. Anyway, the Marriott Fairways at Seaview is only 1 hour from home without summer traffic.

I sold my gold MFV weeks several years ago - that is what I added to the list.
I know several people who have recently purchased Plat weeks there - thru the 'usual' places - redweek, myresortnetwork, etc.