• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Bedroom Residence Inn Fairfield review in Fairfield Ca

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Located in Fairfield which is about one hour from San Francisco sits the residence Inn by Marriott. The Residence Inn has many of the same features as a timeshare but also free breakfasts like a hotel... I call this "timeshare Lite" since it has a full kitchen yet does not require timeshare purchase. If you enjoy the full amenities of this type of hotel, then a timeshare may be good for you.

The resort has a nice outdoor pool. Plenty of parking. There is a fitness center, basketball court, and even an outdoor seating area with a Grill. Fairfield is close to Napa and the California wine area. And the best part is you can stay for free if you have Bonvoy points. It just so happens that I have an upcoming "encore" package that will give me enough points to stay another 5 days...

One Bedroom Residence Inn Fairfield review in Fairfield Ca

Map of all my timeshare reviews

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Residence inns are great for what they are. Often in-between major cities they offer a lot as Cliff said and usually have some laundry facilities on site. Very often very reasonable in $$ or points. We have bivuoac'd in them on long drives in lots of states where they were by far the best option.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Residence Inn has been around for a very long time. I've stayed in some with two stories with a loft, fireplaces, and outdoor grilling areas. More modern ones have nice pools and sports courts. I prefer them over Fairfield and Courtyard for business travel because of the kitchen and living room. Lots more room to spread out, and yes every one that I've been to has laundry facilities on sight.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed in Residence Inn in Kissimmee, FL in 1987 when moved to Florida. We were waiting for the moving van to bring our furniture to our new home. It was a four day stay. It is no longer there but was a nice place then.
A few years later we stayed at Residence Inn in Connecticut for six weeks, a business trip for my husband. It was very nice. I agree with the op almost like a timeshare. Other hotel chains have similar places, candlewood suites are nice too!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I've had mixed experiences at Residence Inn properties. Most of them, I think, are franchised locations operated by the entity which owns them, so the quality of the operations can vary wildly. Last year we stayed in one in San Antonio which was infested with fleas – both the guest room and the common areas (breakfast room near the lobby.) They moved us to another room after we figured out what was going on, I literally brought a flea down and dropped it on the front desk counter. But that was a couple of days after we checked in, after we'd suffered bites and figured how where they were coming from.

My partner got badly bitten and suffered for several weeks after we left. I wrote a letter to Marriott when we got home but received no reply.

Although the price is often right, I have become a lot more wary of the lower-end Marriott properties because of this and a few other instances. My biggest fear is renting a room that has bedbugs, and then inadvertently bringing them home – that hasn't happened to me, and of course it could happen even in a high-end hotel. But I feel like the odds are higher at a place where the standards of cleanliness seem to be lower and where they often allow pets in the rooms.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had mixed experiences at Residence Inn properties. Most of them, I think, are franchised locations operated by the entity which owns them, so the quality of the operations can vary wildly. Last year we stayed in one in San Antonio which was infested with fleas – both the guest room and the common areas (breakfast room near the lobby.) They moved us to another room after we figured out what was going on, I literally brought a flea down and dropped it on the front desk counter. But that was a couple of days after we checked in, after we'd suffered bites and figured how where they were coming from.

My partner got badly bitten and suffered for several weeks after we left. I wrote a letter to Marriott when we got home but received no reply.

Although the price is often right, I have become a lot more wary of the lower-end Marriott properties because of this and a few other instances. My biggest fear is renting a room that has bedbugs, and then inadvertently bringing them home – that hasn't happened to me, and of course it could happen even in a high-end hotel. But I feel like the odds are higher at a place where the standards of cleanliness seem to be lower and where they often allow pets in the rooms.
Marriott doesn't own the hotel properties. They are all franchises (with a couple of minor exceptions). The flea infestation is horrible and an outcome of allowing dogs in the unit. Like I said, I like RI for business travel, but my wife is allergic to dogs and cats so we rarely stay there for leisure travel.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

They definitely vary... Not as consistent of an experience as you get with a timeshare experience. Sorry to hear about the negative experience especially from Marriott which is usually good about customer experience.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed in Residence Inn in Kissimmee, FL in 1987 when moved to Florida. We were waiting for the moving van to bring our furniture to our new home. It was a four day stay. It is no longer there but was a nice place then.
A few years later we stayed at Residence Inn in Connecticut for six weeks, a business trip for my husband. It was very nice. I agree with the op almost like a timeshare. Other hotel chains have similar places, candlewood suites are nice too!
I've stayed at Homewood suites by Hilton as well and I like them (but they vary based on who owns them).

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Residence inns are great for what they are. Often in-between major cities they offer a lot as Cliff said and usually have some laundry facilities on site. Very often very reasonable in $$ or points. We have bivuoac'd in them on long drives in lots of states where they were by far the best option.
Excellent point.... A great place if you are doing a driving vacation and you need a stop over to the next timeshare.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We choose Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn properties...when driving and in between destinations....or just need an inexpensive short stay. Very reasonable, include breakfast, and most we've stayed in felt 'clean enough'. RI generally has most of a TS feel...as it often includes a slightly larger room with a kitchen/kitchenette area. I find that useful. Fairfield Inn's are more of a standard hotel feel.

Most recently, the RI in Asheville actually used my Suite Night Rewards to get into a 2 Bedroom as a free upgrade. They used my SNAs the day prior to checkin, after a call / request a day or two prior. Glad they got used, as often times I find my SNAs not as valuable as I want them to be.

We find Courtyards to be nice, but no better than Fairfield Inns....and don't include a free breakfast.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We don’t have pets and don’t like to stay in rooms where pets have stayed. Most hotels say they have pet friendly rooms that are specifically used for guests with pets. I used to believe that until one time we stayed in a hotel and returned a couple of weeks later. On the second trip we saw a man go into the room we had on our previous stay, with a dog. Now we primarily stay at hotels that don’t allow pets ( except for service dogs ) .Can only hope they have specific room for them.