• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

*** Official 2023 Vistana Maintenance Fees Thread ***

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Aren’t audits required? Surely there has to be a way to review books and records?
An owner should be able to request a copy of the audited financial statements. Instructions are available on Vistana.com on how to do this.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The audits are not granular enough to hold management accountable, they just confirm the numbers are real. If they paid 10 bucks for a pillow or 35, if the salaries are above the market rate, if they mix credit card expenses between renters and owners, how the Bonvoy renters with daily cleaning contribute to the housekeeping expencesand many other things that are very important to the overall budget, you'll never know.

Last edited:

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I understand what you’re saying with regard to the actual MF vs additional fees, but try telling that to an owner of just one unit. The check they write for their statement each year is all they care about. We are in the minority on understanding maint fees and ownership in general.

People are fed up and most HRA owners are ready to just stop paying. It’s unfortunate that the VAT, higher club dues, and Atlantis fee really bump the total due considerably.

Delinquencies will continue to grow considering many original owners are aging out and their kids don’t want to be bothered with these timeshares.

Yes…. There was a time that the phase 2, 2 bedroom deluxe plat units actually sold for a few thousand. That time wasn’t that long ago. I was surprised to see a few being given away for free.
I think @DanCali 's point is that, when reporting maintenance fees here or in the database, you should not report the Club Dues if they are included in your MF invoice. Club Dues will vary by OBL, and some people seem to get billed for them separately. So for consistency and accuracy it is better to exclude them.

I realize that, if I understand correctly, Harborside owners are being charged separate dues because they’re not part of Abound yet, but I still think it is better to report the MFs and not include the club dues.

But I totally agree that Harborside owners are looking at the bottom line number and asking themselves if it’s worth hanging on to or not.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I think @DanCali 's point is that, when reporting maintenance fees here or in the database, you should not report the Club Dues if they are included in your MF invoice. Club Dues will vary by OBL, and some people seem to get billed for them separately. So for consistency and accuracy it is better to exclude them.

I realize that, if I understand correctly, Harborside owners are being charged separate dues because they’re not part of Abound yet, but I still think it is better to report the MFs and not include the club dues.

But I totally agree that Harborside owners are looking at the bottom line number and asking themselves if it’s worth hanging on to or not.
Harborside owners are being charged club dues in their maint fees. It seems mandatory owners are being billed dues in their MF and not separately.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Yes, but for some owners it may be billed via a different week. For example, I have the club dues on my WKV week. And some owners may pay less because they are Select. It’s just inconsistent across owners of the same unit type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, but for some owners it may be billed via a different week. For example, I have the club dues on my WKV week. And some owners may pay less because they are Select. It’s just inconsistent across owners of the same unit type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had similar issues years ago with Marriott weeks in California. The tax amount seemed to differ based on where, how one bought and how much one paid. People would report different tax amounts, but the taxes where billed separately.

Also with the above HRA. Some owners won't have the Club Dues included in the bill at all as it may be included in a different bill. Now one is reporting two different amounts for the same resort, unit size and season. I don't like that the database has a field for Membership Fee. I have two bills for SVV. One has the Membership Fee and the other doesn't. If I calculate the MF to SO ratio based on the total bills, it makes the numbers completely inaccurate.

If one wants to calculate MF to SO or to CP to compare between resorts or weeks, then Club Fee should be excluded.

LovesSTJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Resort & Villas
So according to the insert I got in my club dues bill there should be something marked "Club Dues" in the Dashboard to pay this new fee but I see no such thing. I own in WSJ SB and my fee was not included in my annual MF. Am I the one only who is not seeing the ability to pay club dues from the Dashboard?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So according to the insert I got in my club dues bill there should be something marked "Club Dues" in the Dashboard to pay this new fee but I see no such thing. I own in WSJ SB and my fee was not included in my annual MF. Am I the one only who is not seeing the ability to pay club dues from the Dashboard?
You’re not the only one. I’ve heard of this happening with others as well. I suggest giving vistana a call to figure it out or pay them over the phone

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It won't really be on the Dashboard, but instead under the section for "View Statements & Make Payment". If you don't see it there, then you will need to call.

sctug

TUG Member
Reaction score
It won't really be on the Dashboard, but instead under the section for "View Statements & Make Payment". If you don't see it there, then you will need to call.
That's what I did too "View Statements & Make Payment" when paying online, not under the dashboard. It's gone thru.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Odd that I haven't gotten charged the ~$307 program fee on Westin Ka'anapali. Should I be paying that on both weeks, or does one fee cover it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Odd that I haven't gotten charged the ~$307 program fee on Westin Ka'anapali. Should I be paying that on both weeks, or does one fee cover it.
I beleive your weeks are in Abound? I don't know your Owner Benefit Level, but the fee varies based on that. The Club Dues (former VSN Fee) should have been billed with one of your WKORV weeks maintenance fee bill.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I beleive your weeks are in Abound? I don't know your Owner Benefit Level, but the fee varies based on that. The Club Dues (former VSN Fee) should have been billed with one of your WKORV weeks maintenance fee bill.
We are Chairman's Level with our two Westin weeks. Certainly there is a VSN fee of some kind.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We are Chairman's Level with our two Westin weeks. Certainly there is a VSN fee of some kind.
If those are the only VSN/Abound weeks you own, the Club Dues are added to one of the maintenance fees.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't see a fee. I think they overlooked it. I am going to get a late fee bill or something.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I don't see a fee. I think they overlooked it. I am going to get a late fee bill or something.
Ours was included in our WKORV-N fees last year. I think mandatory properties will include it automatically (not sure how they choose which one).

If you only own voluntary properties I think you get a separate bill (as was the case for my parents).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You should see it in your maintenance fee breakdown for one of your weeks online.
1688274971364.png

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
You should only owe one club dues which covers all of your enrolled MVC and Vistana properties. If you got charged club dues on any one of your properties then you are covered for all of them. If you get charged more than once, that is a mistake you should ask them to fix.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hey! 2024 Fees are coming up - already got WPORV for 2024 - up 8.8% (ouch)
Where's the new thread?
FIRST! :D

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Lagunamar

2bd $1996.31
1BD $1254.22
Studio $742.09

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Westin Lagunamar

2bd $1996.31
1BD $1254.22
Studio $742.09
Is this for 2024? If so, it should be in the 2024 thread. I have asked for the stickies to be updated.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this for 2024? If so, it should be in the 2024 thread. I have asked for the stickies to be updated.
Yes 2024, sorry posted in wrong thread