• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

*** Official 2023 Vistana Maintenance Fees Thread ***

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
This thread is for 2023 Vistana maintenance fees.

Please remember to also post your Maintenance Fee details to the searchable database:
http://www.tugmf.com/SVN/SVNHome.aspx

Thank you!
DeniseM

----------------------------------------

(Jabberwocky)

MF reporting season officially kicks off!

Westin Flex amounts posted in my online Vistana account today.

$732.40 for 67,100 options (EOY). A 3.8% increase over what I paid last year ($705.56)

I’ve reported in the 2022 MF thread - but perhaps a mod can separate that off into a new sticky thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex

$732.40 for 67,100 options. A 3.8% increase over what I paid last year ($705.56)

I’ve reported in the 2022 MF thread - but perhaps a mod can separate that off into a new sticky thread.
Our Westin Flex posted today also. The rate is $0.02183 per point and I concur a 3.8% increase over last year.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Our Westin Flex posted today also. The rate is $0.02183 per point and I concur a 3.8% increase over last year.
Nothing posted for Sheraton Flex yet in my account. For no good reason I would have thought that they would do them at the same time.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nothing posted for Sheraton Flex yet in my account. For no good reason I would have thought that they would do them at the same time.

last year it seemed like they came out within a day of each other. I imagine SFlex won’t be far behind.

Anyone with Aventuras have a value to share?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Aventuras: $0.01623 which is a 6.48% increase.

fizzlmasta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
I see $1768 posted for 81000 Westin Flex. I remember last year there was the $155 membership fee which I don’t see in the statement. Don’t know why

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I see $1768 posted for 81000 Westin Flex. I remember last year there was the $155 membership fee which I don’t see in the statement. Don’t know why
And my 81,000 Westin Flex EOY is $884, so exactly half of yours. So there's no "EOY surcharge" as someone had asked about recently.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score

$732.40 for 67,100 options. A 3.8% increase over what I paid last year ($705.56)

Just curious when is your due by date?

RAL

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
Just curious when is your due by date?

RAL
Our due by date is September 18, 2022.

I would also like to add, as mentioned in previous comments that the VSN membership fee was not included on this year's invoice. Also kind of odd that the invoice is dated August 19, 2022 but was available to view yesterday August 17, 2022 and we were informed the invoice was available for viewing via email at 1:04am this morning.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It makes sense about the club fee not being included. Since it's going to be the new combined fee they can't really assess it now before Abound launches since the amount will be tied to recognition levels influenced by that program as well. Could you imagine if they collected the old fee structure now and then try to adjust it all when Abound launches (theoretically) in a couple months? Bedlam would ensure!

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our invoice is due September 18.

There was no VSN fee, but that isn’t unusual as it was usually charged on two of our other VOIs.

It is strange that they added the ARDA fee though as it’s illegal for us to contribute (being non US residents or citizens). I wonder how many people are inadvertently going to break the law. I didn’t include the ARDA fee in my reported MF.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras

alexinorlando

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Sheraton Flex 2023 maintenance fee bill amounts have also posted online. Have not had a chance to calculate the difference yet, but it looks like it went up a minimal amount.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
That is early. I don't expect SBP fees to post until November.

CKMason

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I went online to look at my maintenance bill for our Westin Flex account, I actually found four bills dated August 11, August 17, August 19 and August 26. The August 18 bill dropped the membership fee (and charged .2183 per point) but the August 26 bill picked up the membership fee (and charged .02022 per point). I wonder if we can pick and choose which bill to pay--or which part of which bill to pay?

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex

The fee for 2023 is $0.019056/option. This is a 3.4% increase over 2022.

Maintenance Fee billing is dated August 19, 2022 and is due September 18, 2022.

No club fees billed on invoice.

Comparison
2022 - $0.01843/option, 6.5% increase over 2021
2021 - $0.01731/option

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our invoice is due September 18.

There was no VSN fee, but that isn’t unusual as it was usually charged on two of our other VOIs.

It is strange that they added the ARDA fee though as it’s illegal for us to contribute (being non US residents or citizens). I wonder how many people are inadvertently going to break the law. I didn’t include the ARDA fee in my reported MF.
ARDA-ROC is just a nonprofit, I don't think it's illegal for anyone to contribute. It is not a PAC or other entity to which donations are limited to U.S. citizens and residents.

Obviously if you don't want to give them $5, just exclude it from your payment (I know you know that.)

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Sheraton Flex, got my maintenance bill today also.
Seems like VNS fees will be billed in December going forward...

You can pay your maintenance fees, plan and book your next vacation online at www.vistana.com/dashboard. VSN Fees were previously billed in connection with your maintenance fees. Moving forward they will be billed prior to December for the subsequent year. An ARDA ROC-PAC donation has been added to your total due. ARDA ROC PAC is a federal political action committee. Donations are voluntary and not tax deductible. Deduct $5 if you do not wish to contribute or are a foreign national or corporation.

RAL

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is for 2023 Vistana maintenance fees.

Please remember to also post your Maintenance Fee details to the searchable database:
http://eternaltides.com/svn/svnhome.aspx

Thank you!
DeniseM

----------------------------------------

(Jabberwocky)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ARDA-ROC is just a nonprofit, I don't think it's illegal for anyone to contribute. It is not a PAC or other entity to which donations are limited to U.S. citizens and residents.

Obviously if you don't want to give them $5, just exclude it from your payment (I know you know that.)
According to the FEC they are a PAC registered in 2000:

https://www.fec.gov/data/committee/C00358663/

Or is this a different organization?

This is the first year I have seen it included. In the past they seem to have been smart enough to exclude those of us with non-US home addresses.

I’m sure there will be plenty of non-US owners who will just pay the default amount as you have to read the statement to realize it has been charged and can be deducted from your payment.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s not a small increase given the strengthening dollar vs peso.
Pre-Marriott, the Lagunamar maintenance fees had been very stable for 10 years and the resort still had a very nice reserve fund, but the MF have gone a lot since Marriott took over. They seem to find a pretext every year.

Pre-Marriott, the resort was the 13th in Cancun according to the Tripadvisor reviews, now it is the 49th. Thank you, Marriott!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
According to the FEC they are a PAC registered in 2000:

https://www.fec.gov/data/committee/C00358663/

Or is this a different organization?

This is the first year I have seen it included. In the past they seem to have been smart enough to exclude those of us with non-US home addresses.

I’m sure there will be plenty of non-US owners who will just pay the default amount as you have to read the statement to realize it has been charged and can be deducted from your payment.
ARDA_ROC is indeed a PAC. IIRC it was either Diamond or Westgate that got into trouble for collecting this fee from international owners. Here is some information on it;

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ARDA_ROC is indeed a PAC. IIRC it was either Diamond or Westgate that got into trouble for collecting this fee from international owners. Here is some information on it;
Interesting. If you go to their website https://www.arda-roc.org, it does not say they are a PAC, and there is no mention of any restrictions on donations. In fact, the donation form itself doesn't ask anything about citizenship or residency and even allows a donation to be anonymous.

Their "About us' page says "The ARDA Resort Owners’ Coalition (ARDA-ROC) is a non-profit organization formed to represent the interests of timeshare owners at the federal, state and local levels of government."

It appears that they HAVE a PAC (ARDA-ROC PAC) but legally that is a different organization than ARDA-ROC.

So non-citizens/residents could contribute to ARDA-ROC but not to ARDA-ROC PAC. And it appears the $5 that Vistana tries to collect would go to the PAC, so the citizenship/residency restrictions would indeed apply.

So I was confused by the two similar-sounding and related organizations.

Last edited: