• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Off to Europe....

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening...

m6 needs a fix of exploits and tips... here are my exploits!!!

been laying low,living vicariously thru the MOC shuffle... but the Big Kahona Europe trip is 5 days away...

8/31 Fly to Paris... arrive 6 am 9/1 snagged 5 nights at Level 9 Marriott on points at Champs Elysees Marriott... 8/31-9/5 since 5 nights is same cost as 4..started ressie one day early, so I have room ready when I arrive...

9/1 arrive fun day on off Red Bus including Night tour
9/2 Versailles palace tour..Wine and Louve tour at night
9/3 Private Tour with driver/guide Paris Dinner at Eifel Tower Restaurant 58
9/4 shopping day with DW...
9/5 High speed rail to Barcelona

2 nights at Las Ramblas

9/7 board Island Princess till 9/19 then 2 nights in Venice... then home

10/25-10/29 Custom House for BIG Emergency Med conference preceeded by Foggy Bottom DC weekend for youngest cash drain... and Bucs-Skins game...

ski trip 2/21-2/26 2016

3/10-3/13 Vegas Grand Chateau Emerg medicine conference

10/2016 ACEP16 Vegas!!! Grand Chateau again

Custom House will be resort 28...

p.s forgot Frenchman cove 5/21-5/27 3 bedroom :)

Last edited:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening...

Actually, I would prefer "Liguid Schwartz".. My dad grew up with Mel brooks on Delancey Street in Brooklyn. very familiar with his works!!!

BobG7734

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Custom House; St. Kitts; Waiohai(Poipu); Maui
Puck...is the Princess cruise with DC points or ugly $$? Would like to hear how it is...DW wants to do that one also, or opposite way to end up in Barcellona. Thx!

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening

RC good ol' fashioned $$$ suite upgrade too... Marriott in Paris on MR points... actually great deal room is 700 Euro's $800/night over $4000 for 180,000 MR points over $0.02 /point!!! Airfare on MR travel packages....

I will give full disclosure and post pictures...

new camera for the event...

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Sounds wonderful! Make sure your wife saves some shopping for Venice- can't beat their glasswork:D- just ask my DH ...or maybe don't ask him:;). Let's just say that I think he still has nightmares of the carry-ons from our Venice trip. Luckily, that was just prior to 9/11, and it was a lot easier to take extra carry-ons. Back then at least the stores on Lido Beach were very quiet and looking for customers, and significantly less expensive on some of the signed pieces. Just saying...in case your wife is interested in Murano. At any extent, visiting the glass factories and watching pieces being made is fascinating.

Sounds like a wonderful trip- post back how the cruise was. - and thanks for the fix.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening...

m6 needs a fix of exploits and tips... here are my exploits!!!

been laying low,living vicariously thru the MOC shuffle... but the Big Kahona Europe trip is 5 days away...

8/31 Fly to Paris... arrive 6 am 9/1 snagged 5 nights at Level 9 Marriott on points at Champs Elysees Marriott... 8/31-9/5 since 5 nights is same cost as 4..started ressie one day early, so I have room ready when I arrive...

9/1 arrive fun day on off Red Bus including Night tour
9/2 Versailles palace tour..Wine and Louve tour at night
9/3 Private Tour with driver/guide Paris Dinner at Eifel Tower Restaurant 58
9/4 shopping day with DW...
9/5 High speed rail to Barcelona

2 nights at Las Ramblas

9/7 board Island Princess till 9/19 then 2 nights in Venice... then home

10/25-10/29 Custom House for BIG Emergency Med conference preceeded by Foggy Bottom DC weekend for youngest cash drain... and Bucs-Skins game...

ski trip 2/21-2/26 2016

3/10-3/13 Vegas Grand Chateau Emerg medicine conference

10/2016 ACEP16 Vegas!!! Grand Chateau again

Custom House will be resort 28...

p.s forgot Frenchman cove 5/21-5/27 3 bedroom :)

Suggestion: You may want to see your room at the Marriott Champs first before accepting it. Nice hotel, nice folks at the desk, however, I have to wonder if MRP guests get "last choice" rooms. I could be wrong.

Enjoy ACEP15. Great conference. PM me if you have questions re: Bahstun.

Bon Voyage !

-

Last edited:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening

we bought the glass on our last visit to Venice... (very brief stay on a poor weather day... cruise ends with an overnight in venice... tour of the Jewish quarter... then explore city at night...

Big shopping day in Paris... last day before Barcelona...

have the new mirrorless camera locked and loaded....

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enjoy! The Jewish quarter was fascinating. Make sure you make time for a gondola ride too; just one of those things ya gotta do when there. And one can never have too much Murano glass! They're pieces of art.
Funny- we all have different priorities. Shopping in Paris didn't captivate me, but I more than made up for that in Venice ( and lots of other places...).

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a real interesting store in the Jewish Quarter of Venice that customizes Torahs for synagogues and or families with a child who is about to be Bnai
Mitzvahed. They are magnificent. We did not buy one, but we bought some water colors of the Jewish Quarter.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So close, yet so far

We'll be just 36 miles north of Venice on 18th and 19th in Susegana: http://www.masodivilla.it/it/

We stay the 20th at Best Western at the airport before our flight on 21st. 7:40 a.m. Iberia VCE/MAD/CLT/DET

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Be sure you get the Ted Danson jet!
And don't make any unscheduled landings in Latham Ma. You may never get out.

oops.....................wrong thread. :eek:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Be sure you get the Ted Danson jet!
And don't make any unscheduled landings in Latham Ma. You may never get out.

oops.....................wrong thread. :eek:

jont....you are such a Good Samaritan.

Phanatic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Puckman -

Enjoy the Marriott Champs Elysees. We stayed there on MRP in 2010 and it exceeded all our expectations. Wonderful staff and a complimentary breakfast buffet if you are gold or platinum that is outstanding!!

We too will be looking forward to hearing about your cruise.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
jont....you are such a Good Samaritan.

no...I'm more like Woody Woodpecker..an instigator...a troublemaker

don't deflate my dreams Tom Brady

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... don't deflate my dreams Tom Brady

HAHAHAHAAH!! Oh, I'm definitely using this one from now until the end of time!

(And now back to our regularly scheduled programming ;) )

Puck, does your wife plan on visiting any of the couture houses in Paris? It's a dream for me although I've never been close enough to realizing it, to research all that's involved. Please take pics if it's in your plans ...

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Puck, does your wife plan on visiting any of the couture houses in Paris? It's a dream for me although I've never been close enough to realizing it, to research all that's involved. Please take pics if it's in your plans ...

Maybe his wife is into that, but my guess is THIS is about as haute couture as Puck gets.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Maybe his wife is into that, but my guess is THIS is about as haute couture as Puck gets.

:) Puck's wife was dressed a little more fashion-consciously when I met her.

I don't mean actually contracting with any of the fashion houses - that's too rich even for a pipe dream! But I'd love to at least see/photo the facades of a few, and maybe find a specialized tour agency to see the workings of at least one.

In a past life I would have been one of the labor force slaving away in the Worth factory, definitely not at the front of the house filling steamer trunks for this season in Newport. But I would have been good at my job, good enough for a Couturier's handsome and rich son to notice me and take me away from the drudgery while still enabling my jones for the finest fabrics ... (Ah, a much more attainable pipe dream, wouldn't you say? :D )

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
...good enough for a Couturier's handsome and rich son to notice me and take me away from the drudgery while still enabling my jones for the finest fabrics ...

"The Don" appears to be pretty fashion forward....at least from the ankles down, so I think you did alright!! :D

Love those shoes!!!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
"The Don" appears to be pretty fashion forward....at least from the ankles down, so I think you did alright!! :D

Love those shoes!!!

Are they Botticelli's.

sorry, I just can't help myself...off to lunch at Pfeiffer's.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening

just amazing as to where thread's will go!!! This one's a doozy....

Puck is ready to go... dropped 15 lbs since that pix with Sue...

redid the entire wardrobe to be looking slick!!!

pix are coming!!!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
:rofl:puck- sounds like you're psyched and ready for Europe...but is Europe ready for you?:rofl:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Puck, you are hitting two of my most favorite European cities: Paris and Barcelona. Enjoy!
BTW, if you are a Marriott Reward Gold member or higher, you will love comped breakfast at Marriott Champs Elysees!