• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Odd Update at Grand Desert today

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
You are correct that you should not have had been subjected to being treated that way.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
The gift bag contained a shot glass, a couple drink glasses, some coasters, a magnet, an aluminum wallet, and two keychains. When I asked sales person number 3 if this was my parting gift, she said, Yep, and walked away!! Yep, I guess I wash my hands of these people. Curious when I go somewhere besides Vegas, if I'll be asked to attend.

All of that junk can be had at 99c store for ~5 bucks. Wyndham's cost must be even lower. Parting gift? More like a parting shot, delivered with such contempt! Ouch! :)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Hey @dgalati, how does this reaction count in the scheme of things? Negative?:unsure:

1579547029434.png

1579546889412.png

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
I have been placed on the DNG list and even so the Parking Pass people offer me to go to the updates. I explain that I cannot go and they tell me that I can now. However at 7:30 am I always get a call saying there is a problem and I cannot go and get a gift. I have been forgiving the first couple times. Now my next trip I plan on not answering the phone and just showing up at the presentation with the appointment paper that shows I what gift I accepted. I wonder what will happen when I tell them I am here at the designated time and place as I promised it is not my fault you cannot give me a presentation I have signed paperwork saying that I am to receive a gift.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I have been placed on the DNG list and even so the Parking Pass people offer me to go to the updates. I explain that I cannot go and they tell me that I can now. However at 7:30 am I always get a call saying there is a problem and I cannot go and get a gift. I have been forgiving the first couple times. Now my next trip I plan on not answering the phone and just showing up at the presentation with the appointment paper that shows I what gift I accepted. I wonder what will happen when I tell them I am here at the designated time and place as I promised it is not my fault you cannot give me a presentation I have signed paperwork saying that I am to receive a gift.

How did you end up on the DNG list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
They gave me many different stories. They told me I used to many guest passes. Which I had used 14 of the 30 that were allowed. So I said that didn’t fly. Then they said I used my guest passes with people that had a different last name and address than me. Then they said the people I used the guest passes on were not in my same zip code. It all doesn’t make sense they were all excuses for them so they didn’t have to say you are attending to many updates and not buying anything. I have been on since July of 2019. I have many calls in trying to get off. The last they told me was to wait 6 months then call again.
Mind you it is the DNG which is Do Not Gift list not the DNS which is the Do Not Sell list.. I am allowed to purchase anytime just cannot get gifts for updates.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We own WorldMark and you can practically go to a presentation every day. Last time we bought from them was 2001. However, I have had nice stays at WM resorts in Portland and Santa Fe off presentations as well as 5 nights in the Wyndham Grand in Chicago and a 2 night stay at La Quinta in Santa Barbara ($500 retail) off presentations. Probably lots more but those stick in my head.

I’ve decided it’s not bad $$ for a retiree.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got on the DNI list by buying at Fairfield Glades, TN. For the next 2 weeks, we were quarantined like a contagion.
We faced upfront rejection at Nashville, got signed up at Glacier Canyon only to get that morning call at Sundara Cottages. I had to go to the exit desk to collect my deposit. Got a chocolate brownie cake from the Manager of the Concierge as a sort of an apology!
I started using that excuse to get out of WOW at Chicago and Austin. I was good to go again in San Antonio since the quarantine period had passed.

Is there some kind of law that prevents them from selling during the rescission period?

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
We own WorldMark and you can practically go to a presentation every day. Last time we bought from them was 2001. However, I have had nice stays at WM resorts in Portland and Santa Fe off presentations as well as 5 nights in the Wyndham Grand in Chicago and a 2 night stay at La Quinta in Santa Barbara ($500 retail) off presentations. Probably lots more but those stick in my head.

I’ve decided it’s not bad $$ for a retiree.
I guess for me, they get sick of seeing me in Vegas, as I am there at least once a month. For those who say I'm wasting my vacation, I'm really not, as I do it on the day we drive home. Not long ago I did it on back to back weekends. Hey, they always want to find ways to help you lower your MF's, no better way then to attend an update once a month. The $150 they give me is more than half. And for the record, I'm not upset about being on the DNS list, I'm upset with the way I was misled, and mistreated.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am totally on your side, OP. You should not have been treated like that. I always refuse the presentation at least 3 times, but if they keep calling my husband will be like, “Let’s go, they want to give us money”. So we go, and I think my husband secretly likes going because he likes to see me challenge all their many lies. He likes to see me get worked up even on my time off, I guess. At the most recent Wyndham update, I thought for sure I would get put on the “bad girl” list because I got into a verbal tête-à-tête with the salesman. He kept asking me why I was being so rude to him. Meanwhile, he started it of course. Anyway, he sighed very, very deeply and threw us into the gifting room. So i can’t wait to see if I get invited at the next vacay.

But back to you, if the appointment setters set the appointment then you should be treated well. Period. Those salespeople know you didn’t invite yourself. And those gift cards don’t come out of their pockets. They act like they do though. I doubt the corporate office cares about anything but the sales numbers, so they turn a blind eye to this BS. Honestly, if their presentation was any good they would not need the incentives. So screw the sales scum. They are projecting their dissatisfaction with their own lot in life, they have to live their whole life as morally bankrupt scum. You just had to deal with them a few minutes.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I got on the DNI list by buying at Fairfield Glades, TN. For the next 2 weeks, we were quarantined like a contagion.
We faced upfront rejection at Nashville, got signed up at Glacier Canyon only to get that morning call at Sundara Cottages. I had to go to the exit desk to collect my deposit. Got a chocolate brownie cake from the Manager of the Concierge as a sort of an apology!
I started using that excuse to get out of WOW at Chicago and Austin. I was good to go again in San Antonio since the quarantine period had passed.

Is there some kind of law that prevents them from selling during the rescission period?

Yes, there are two policies within Wyndham that were in play here. One, if you're within a certain period of signing a new contract - until that contract has been fully enacted - you cannot attend updates IME - I believe there's a flag on the account that indicates any new contract activity. Two, if your account is flagged with any kind of Rescission activity - you are off limits. I was told by a third party that when I contacted telesales back in July 2018 - do not mention my current rescission in any communications - as the second that comes to light - they will terminate the phone call. Fortunately for me, I wasn't an existing customer prior to my initial buy-in - otherwise I would not have been able to speak with telesales at all until the rescission period had passed.