• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Oct. 2008 Thread] Travel Exclusive

moon314pi

Reaction score
Travel Exclusive Followup

Hi and thanks for your question. I thought I had posted my result...I did indeed receive my money back from Travel Exclusive. I was persistant with my phone calls and did give proper notice and they were very reasonable. Since I did not complete the transaction with Travel Exclusive, I do not know if the deed transfer would have gone smoothly.
I will say to try your resort again. I offered to give back my time share to the resort (of course I first tried to ask for a sale first) and since the resort was not buying back they agreed to take back the property. It did cost me $500 for the deed transfer but still much less than the $3000 for the properties if I deeded over to Travel Exclusive. ADVICE: Try your resort again. Good Luck.
Sure, I'm not happy about paying someone to absolve me from my time share responsibilities but it really was worth it for us.

Hello, I am reading this forum and curious about what happened to you.
plaese let us know did you get your money back from travel exclusive?
and also did you have sucsess giving back your unit to resort??
I really don't want my unit anymore so I signed TE(travel exclusive)to take over our unit this past saturday.
today is monday I was checking this thread to see TE is actually going to take over our unit.
I need act soon if you suceseed.
thanks

ptrefry

Reaction score
Travel Exclusive

I have read with interest the many comments on this company. My husband and I have an appointment to see a rep on Friday, 06/04/2010. We are in a quandry. We owe over 600.00 in assessment fees for the year 2010. That comes out to almost 6500.00 if what I am hearing is correct. YIKES! I am beginning to get cold feet about this. Is this company really legit? Does anyone have any current and up to date info on them? Appreciate it!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not pay someone else a cent until I had exhausted all other possibilities:

1) See if the resort will take it back
2) Offer it on TUG, redweek.com, ebay, and Craigslist for free
3) Put up flyers every where you go - work, gym, church, grocery store, etc.

To sweeten the pot you shouild:

1) Pay the maintenance fee
2) Reserve a prime week
3) Pay for the transfer ($100)

koty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Notice that all this happened in 2008 and wonder how it all came out. We went through the process with Travel Exclusive (Simple Solutions, one of their FL "fictitious" companies) and are ready to sue them if they don't return our money. They promised we would be "timeshare free" as soon as we signed (10/24/10) but have now insisted we must pay a subsequent special assessment and this year's maintenance fees - we have 2 units so this is getting pricey. All the while they are keeping our $5,790. We weren't smart and know a lot more now. I would NEVER do business with Travel Exclusive, Simple Solutions, or their other fictitious company, Trademark Transfers. Our state attorney general is pursuing a case as is the FL attorney general, we have filed a complaint with the BBB and are prepared to sue if necessary. We aren't kids.....and should have known better. Back in the day people told the truth, but guess that day is over.

koty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't see your answer above and see that you were indeed successful, but only because you were within the 3 day period - we are not so lucky - or smart. Thanks.

koty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to a meeting and basically they state they will take your timeshare off your hands for 7 times your maintenance fee.You get a capital gains loss which you can take over several years.They paint a very bleak picture of the timeshare market through a presentation and than have you sit with one of there salesman who show you how the tax writeoff will work. When I remained undecided they brought in a second salesman reminded me of when I bought my timeshare.Anyway I didnt sell as I felt my timeshare must be worth something otherwise they wouldnt want it so bad.

The tax writeoff definitely does NOT work. You cannot claim a capital gain loss on personal property - only on that purchased for business or for rental

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note that that this thread is from 2008.

Last edited: