• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Oct. 2008 Thread] Travel Exclusive

moon314pi

Reaction score
Actually, your price would be less than $5,600

OK, my most expensive timeshare cost me $1,925 in 2003.

Annual maintenance fees (including reserves & taxes) are just under $800.

So -- 7 x $800 = $5,600

Therefore, those jokers want me to pay them more than double what I paid for the timeshare in the 1st place -- plus they take the deed to my timeshare.

Now, I'm not the sharpest scalpel in the operating room, but even so I'm not dumb enough to fall for that.

Sheesh.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Actually, your price would be less than $5,600. According to the way it was explained to me at the seminar the cost is 7 x your maintenance fees or $3,700 whichever is less.:)

aliceann

Reaction score
My parents and Travel Exclusive

I would be very interested in finding out how you made out with Travel Exclusive. My parents live in Maine and have (had) a timeshare in Florida. They went to one of TE's seminars on 10/23/08 at a Holiday Inn in Portland, ME.
They fell for their pitch- hook, line and sinker. They signed all the paperwork, gave TE their credit card number and the original deed. I am very suspicious of this whole thing. I can't believe my parents paid this company $3495 to "unload" their timeshare. My gut is that this is a scam. My fear is that my parents are out $3495, with no guarantee that their timeshare has been taken off their hands. The money has already been charged to their credit card, and it's gone past the 3 days, (although i read in the contract that once they signed it, it became effective immediately with no refund possible).
I have considered calling the company (this Travel Exclusive office is in Ocoee Florida), and demanding my parents' Deed and refund, but my guess is that i will get nowhere with them.
Anyone, please give me any information you can!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think it's suspicious that the OP hasn't chimed back in. Could it be an ad?

Janna

Are you suggesting that the OP's login name should be "r_shill" rather than "r_shell"?

funinthesun4

Reaction score
I would be very interested in finding out how you made out with Travel Exclusive. My parents live in Maine and have (had) a timeshare in Florida. They went to one of TE's seminars on 10/23/08 at a Holiday Inn in Portland, ME.
They fell for their pitch- hook, line and sinker. They signed all the paperwork, gave TE their credit card number and the original deed. I am very suspicious of this whole thing. I can't believe my parents paid this company $3495 to "unload" their timeshare. My gut is that this is a scam. My fear is that my parents are out $3495, with no guarantee that their timeshare has been taken off their hands. The money has already been charged to their credit card, and it's gone past the 3 days, (although i read in the contract that once they signed it, it became effective immediately with no refund possible).
I have considered calling the company (this Travel Exclusive office is in Ocoee Florida), and demanding my parents' Deed and refund, but my guess is that i will get nowhere with them.

Yes, i met with Travel Exclusive back in October of 2008, and i signed a power of attorney for their title company to transfer the property out of my name. it is fully transferred now, and i dont have to pay another dime towards maintenance fees or any extra assessments that i was charged every 5 years! i am very thankful to have this off of my hands and out of the way. now i can go on with my life!
Also, aliceann, the title company that they use is lisence bonded and insured. i asked for the information right up front and they didnt hesitate to give it to me.
i dont really think that this is for everybody.. but if you have tried everything you can to "sell" or "list" your timeshare and you are tired of paying maintenance fees (like i was!) then maybe it will work for you.

funinthesun4

Reaction score
One last comment. This is another way to think about it. We live in Massachusetts and if you have a large item, say a couch and you want to throw it out, you have to pay to have it picked up. Yes, it goes against every grain of my frugle body, but I don't want the couch. It sat there for a couple of weeks with a Free sign on it. No one wanted it :( so off it went with a sticker on it for the dump. Time Share, same thing. Sometimes you just have to pay to get rid of something you don't want- even if it has value. Now, we have an empty space to put our new couch and we don't have to worry about our children getting stuck with anything except what they want. We are cleaning out and clearing away the weight of useless stuff so we can enjoy our life without all the BS. It's the price we are willing to pay, again, not for everyone.

that really is how you have to think of it.. what works for somepeople might now work for others.
if you want to be stuck with your "couch" forever because you dont want to pay to get rid of it because no body wants it (not even for free) then that is a decision you make.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
First 2 posts on TUG shilling for a pcc. Like the experienced group here wouldn't be able to see through it and warn others coming here.

LAK309

Reaction score

I did turn my timeshare over to Travel Exclusive back in January. I met with them at a hotel in Tampa FL. I actually had a really good experience. Before I met with them I contacted the state attorney general's fraud line to make sure they were valid and at that time they didn't have any complaints. I researched here and there online and couldn't really find too much but I did just receive a letter from them letting me know my timeshare transfer was completed. It is a valid company.

I have gone through a whole lot with this stupid timeshare that I got suckered into buying and I am just so relieved that I NEVER have to deal with it again. This whole thing with TE was my last effort and I am so grateful I went out on the limb with them and gave it a final shot. It was definitely worth it in my case.

My resort is in Hawaii and it was costing me appx 1,000/year with JUST the Maintenance Fees. Then they would tack on all these other fees to do work to the units (which I had no say in. . .they just chose when and what they wanted to do and charged me). Anyway, it was all adding up to around 1,300-1,400 each year. Long story short TE charged me 1 fee of $3500 back in January to take my timeshare off my hands. Since then, there was a special assesment that was billed to me for around $450. I called TE and asked them what was going on and they told me to send the bill to them and they would take care of it. I sent the bill and they paid for it.

I'm just getting on here to let everyone know they did what they said they would. Yes, it does seem silly to pay someone to take your timeshare but let me tell you I tried SO HARD to sell this darn thing. I spent between 300-500 each time I tried to list it. Two of the real estate agents I listed with never called me back and pretty much dropped off the face of the earth.

Anyway, my transfer only took 2 months and was totally worth it. I never have to pay another dime! I got the letter and was so pleasantly surprised that it was a done deal I called the resort to make sure and they said I am no longer an owner.

If you guys have any questions about what I went through with the process I'd be happy to talk to you about it. I definitely recommend them if you have given up with trying to sell and just want out.

dchilds

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travel Exclusive

I like how everyone that has had positive experiences with TE are new TUG guests as of the day they post to the thread. Hmmm....

funinthesun4

Reaction score
I like how everyone that has had positive experiences with TE are new TUG guests as of the day they post to the thread. Hmmm....

well, dchilds i was just searching the internet and came across the posting and you do have to be a member to post to the thread. i did have a good experience with a company that a few people did not, so instead of always reading bad things i wanted to put something good out there.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
you do have to be a member to post to the thread.
Just to clarify, you don't have to be a member of TUG to post on a thread but you do have to register. When you register you will be listed as a guest unless/until you pay the nominal cost to join and change your status to TUG member.

grlwchr

Reaction score
I know i may not be the brightest person in the world, but at least I know how to listen to info people give me...and I know the diff between facts and what people make up... I met with Travel Exclusive in Jan 09 and it is obvious you didnt listen ands it is very sad you didnt take advantage of what they had to offer you as I did!
People are just to proud to believe their timeshare is worth anything...and will continuously believe what their timeshare salesperson told them...truely sadly ingnorance!!
when you go to get a mortgage no matter what u paid for your TS the bank puts it down as a liability not an asset... almost all resorts won't take it back for free...hmmm...doesn't take a brainsugeon to figure it out...some people never get it do they!?!?
JT

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Im always interested to find people who hate their timeshares so much they are desperate to rid themselves of it...and after paying someone thousands of dollars to get rid of it for them...that they would take the time to not only search a timeshare forum online, but take the time to register and post there.

One would think that if they were so happy to be done with a timeshare forever, that the last thing they would "google" would be a community of timeshare owners.

sometimes it just gets a bit ridiculous.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
One would think that if they were so happy to be done with a timeshare forever, that the last thing they would "google" would be a community of timeshare owners.

Yeah. Its like having a colonoscopy...
You may have paid for it, but would you want to tell the world what a great job the doc did.
Somehow, I never felt that urge.

Last edited:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone reading the above "testimonials" from people who have never posted anything before on TUG, should be able to see through the charade.

Why wouldn't the allegedly satisfied customers have come to TUG first for advice before using the company? Heck, I wouldn't purchase a toaster without first reading reviews at consumer-oriented web sites such as Consumer Reports magazine, amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, and running a google search for toaster reviews, or "complaints about Brand XYZ toaster".

If all of these "testimonial" characters were genuine, they would have sought advice from TUG, the #1 timeshare ownership web site, before allegedly deciding to pay the recommended company 1000's of $$$ to do what they could do for themselves.

They truly underestimate the intelligence, experience, and common sense of the people who read these forums. What idiots!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Heck, I wouldn't purchase a toaster without first reading reviews at consumer-oriented web sites such as Consumer Reports magazine, amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, and running a google search for toaster reviews, or "complaints about Brand XYZ toaster."

Really? Heck, my wife just goes to Bed, Bath & Beyond and finds the most expensive in the right color.
As she explains, its the color that matters.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Heck, my wife just goes to Bed, Bath & Beyond and finds the most expensive in the right color.
As she explains, its the color that matters.

So how many of these colorful gems are awaiting a service call, or have been tossed in the local recylcling bin? :hysterical:

funinthesun4

Reaction score
Anyone reading the above "testimonials" from people who have never posted anything before on TUG, should be able to see through the charade.

Why wouldn't the allegedly satisfied customers have come to TUG first for advice before using the company? Heck, I wouldn't purchase a toaster without first reading reviews at consumer-oriented web sites such as Consumer Reports magazine, amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, and running a google search for toaster reviews, or "complaints about Brand XYZ toaster".

If all of these "testimonial" characters were genuine, they would have sought advice from TUG, the #1 timeshare ownership web site, before allegedly deciding to pay the recommended company 1000's of $$$ to do what they could do for themselves.

They truly underestimate the intelligence, experience, and common sense of the people who read these forums. What idiots!

Well, People do use TUG for more than just to post negative things about timeshare companies. I actually came onto the sight to RENT a timeshare week, which happens to be MUCH CHEAPER than owning a timeshare, when i came acrossed this post.

There was a lot that i had to do in order to be able to be rid of my timeshare, i was behind on my maintenance fees, Travel Exclusive stepped up and got me all caught up as well as took care of all the paperwork needed to get me out.

Just because i am satisfied with this company does not mean that everyone is. And just because i wanted to post some good feed back rather than some negative does not make me lack any intelligence, experience OR common sense.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note that funinthesun4's email address is a company email address at Travel Exclusive! :hysterical:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please note that funinthesun4's email address is a company email address at Travel Exclusive! :hysterical:

I suppose that funinthesun4 will now come back with the line "I was so impressed with the company that I bought it."
:rofl:

Another example of the great work of TUG's moderators, wtg Denise!

David10225

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach
Any more recent updates on Travel Exclusive? My inlaws want to sign the contract at a cost of $3495.00 for both weeks that they own. They are sick of paying and not using for there units on the Cape. I read through the material and it appears to be as reported above.

I am going to try and get them to call the resort and see if they will take their weeks back.....

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My inlaws want to sign the contract at a cost of $3495.00 for both weeks that they own.
Have you been able to stop them from making that BIG MISTAKE!!!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, People do use TUG for more than just to post negative things about timeshare companies.

As these posts show, this statement by funinthesun is quite obviously true. Companies such as Travel Exclusive use TUG to create phony identities and then post false testimonials about the company.

SCHinNC

Reaction score
Thank you!

I just received two offers in the mail. One from Travel Exclusive and one from Apex Professionals. I took the time to google these companies and came across this site/thread. Having now read every post, I will opt to stay away from these companies! Thank you to everyone who took time to share!

mikochan

Reaction score
What happened since??

Okay, after reading these posts and signing the contract on Friday with Travel Exclusive I made a phone call to my resort today, Monday.
For the past year we have tried to contact the resort and never received an answer to our inquires or a return telephone call. I thought I would give it one more try on Monday morning after speaking to one of the lawyers on this forum. (Attorney Kurt Brown) He suggested I ask for the President of the Homeowner’s Association or the legal department. Perhaps that is the key word I needed. When I called the resort on Monday, I asked for the President and was referred to the business office. I spoke with the business office manager who informed me that the Association was dissolved but the new Trustee would address my question of deeding back our timeshare to the resort. She instructed me to send an email to her and she would forward it to the Trustee. She assured me he was very good about responding and I will hear back soon. Well, sure enough I did. I asked if the resort would take back my time share since none of my family want it and I am clearing my affairs. The Trustee emailed back that indeed they would take the deed back. I asked for the costs associated with the transfer and for both units the total was $595.00 and they would process the paperwork.
You can imagine my delight that after a year of reaching the wrong person, within one hour I had an answer from the right person. Did I just get lucky?
I did not know enough about this whole process. Perhaps I needed to have the urgency of confirmation that I spent $3,045 wisely that forced me to investigate and ultimately came across this forum and Attorney Brown’s message on a thread.
There are scare tactics out there but maybe the one we need to be mindful of is the one that states the resort will NOT take your timeshare back.
I sure would have liked to receive some money for the units but I am satisfied with reducing my original $3,045 cost charged from Travel Exclusive to only $595 with the resort. I think the resort is happy to take the units back for free. It allows them control over their own property instead of releasing it to something like Priceline.com
So, I am adding to my post of the other day. While I was ready to spend $3,045 to be done with the whole Time Share business, I am happier to spend less. However, I think if the resort did not take my units back, I would have completed the transaction with Travel Exclusive. They are more expensive but the nightmare would be over. Again, just my thoughts and not for everyone.

Finally, Will I get out of the Signed Contract with Travel Exclusive? Good question and the answer may be helpful if you are deciding to proceed with an Equity Transfer of your own Timeshare to Travel Exclusive.

This is what transpired so far.
We signed the Contract on Friday evening. On Monday, I telephoned the office in Florida and explained the situation, sent a copy of my email communication with the resort and I was told I needed to speak with the person from the seminar. Since he was still traveling I would hear from him on Tuesday. In the meantime, I followed up with a fax to their office informing them of my intent to cancel. I mentioned I am canceling under the Federal law that allows me to cancel a transaction prior to midnight of the third business day. I also sent the same fax by email to the office. I prepared the original Intent to Cancel letter for mailing (by registered mail) and included postage to return my original deed documents.
On Tuesday, I expect to receive a telephone call from the gentleman who processed the paperwork at the seminar and I will learn my fate. Stay tuned. I will post the result.

In summary, go to one of these seminars for information and learn what they are offering. Don’t agree to transfer your unit unless you have personally received notice that your resort will NOT take back your unit. Ask for the Trustee or person in charge of the Homeowners Association at your resort. Understand your options first. If you are willing to pay someone to get you out of the Time Share you own, make sure you have all the information before you sign it over. Of course this is after you have exhausted all your sales effort. At some point you will decide on the break even point for yourself. Your unit does have value, you may do better than I did and actually receive compensation from the resort for your units. Good luck.

Please understand I am not endorsing Travel Exclusive nor am I recommending their services. I am only sharing my experience. I would be interested to learn if there is anyone that has gone through the entire process with Travel Exclusive and can state that the company did what it was contracted to do.

With thanks to Attorney Brown for his suggestions and kindness for taking the time to speak with me.

Hello, I am reading this forum and curious about what happened to you.
plaese let us know did you get your money back from travel exclusive?
and also did you have sucsess giving back your unit to resort??
I really don't want my unit anymore so I signed TE(travel exclusive)to take over our unit this past saturday.
today is monday I was checking this thread to see TE is actually going to take over our unit.
I need act soon if you suceseed.
thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi and welcome to TUG - this thread is from 2008 and Moon314pi hasn't posted since then, so your best bet to reach them is to click on their blue user name and send them an email.

I really don't want my unit anymore so I signed TE(travel exclusive)to take over our unit this past saturday.
today is monday I was checking this thread to see TE is actually going to take over our unit.
I need act soon if you suceseed.

I would get out of this deal immediately - this is a rip off. You have other options. Call them up and tell them you changed your mind and either stop payment on the check or with your credit card company.

Last edited: