• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms pool resurfacing

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Just got a message today that they've moved up the pool resurfacing to take place from 5/21-7/15. It was originally scheduled for fall. One pool will be open at a time.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Just got a message today that they've moved up the pool resurfacing to take place from 5/21-7/15. It was originally scheduled for fall. One pool will be open at a time.
Thanks for that information..we will be vacationing at Oceana Palms the end of October,and first week of November

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We got the same message. Are you checking in next week? Seems odd that they would change it to a period of time that overlaps Memorial Week and 4th of July. I suspect they figure they will have real low occupancy right now because of the restrictions, but squishing people in to a single pool area doesn't make sense right now. This will cut the total pool area capacity to only 10 people instead of 20 since they are also limiting that at the moment.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We got the same message. Are you checking in next week? Seems odd that they would change it to a period of time that overlaps Memorial Week and 4th of July. I suspect they figure they will have real low occupancy right now because of the restrictions, but squishing people in to a single pool area doesn't make sense right now. This will cut the total pool area capacity to only 10 people instead of 20 since they are also limiting that at the moment.
I believe you are correct.....management believes occupancy will be way down the next 2 months so it will inconvenience the least amount of people....so it makes sense from their point of view

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We're going to be there June 25th - July 2nd...hoping it finishes ahead of schedule. :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I believe you are correct.....management believes occupancy will be way down the next 2 months so it will inconvenience the least amount of people....so it makes sense from their point of view
We talked with Oceana Palms today. Only 10 villas occupied this week. they anticipate a few more for the holiday week next week.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We will not be there until June 13th. I was glad last year when I found out I'd miss the resurfacing.:(

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We talked with Oceana Palms today. Only 10 villas occupied this week. they anticipate a few more for the holiday week next week.
Wow. I guess that makes sense though.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We will not be there until June 13th. I was glad last year when I found out I'd miss the resurfacing.:(
We booked for Memorial Week using an AC last month. I didn't even check the website for construction or refurbishment updates. But checking it now, it still mentions the fall dates. Also mentions that they would close one pool for 10 days and then the other for 10. This now sounds like nearly a two month process, not just 20 days. When we spoke with them this morning, we were told that they only learned of the change in plans yesterday. They will still be doing refurbishment of villas in the Sunrise tower in the fall. This certainly is the right time to do it, not many people are impacted when only a dozen or so villas are occupied. It will just impact us, but there are far more things to be concerned with in the world these days than the pool at Oceana Palms. There is always the beach.

Something we didn't get a firm answer on is beach chairs. I know they have the freebie ones. But talking with them we didn't confirm if they are still sitting out for owners to grab themselves. They said that they have chairs that the employees will put out, but all employees are furloughed. They won't be bringing them back until the bring back the staff which was anticipated for June 1st. Not sure if they packed up and put away the beach loungers or if they just won't be there to put them out for owners/guests.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The beach chaise lounges have definitely been accessible the last 2 years and I saw some pics on Instagram from February that show they are still stacked up on the beach unsecured. They have a ton of them so it would be a pretty large undertaking to remove them, but you never know.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We booked for Memorial Week using an AC last month. I didn't even check the website for construction or refurbishment updates. But checking it now, it still mentions the fall dates. Also mentions that they would close one pool for 10 days and then the other for 10. This now sounds like nearly a two month process, not just 20 days. When we spoke with them this morning, we were told that they only learned of the change in plans yesterday. They will still be doing refurbishment of villas in the Sunrise tower in the fall. This certainly is the right time to do it, not many people are impacted when only a dozen or so villas are occupied. It will just impact us, but there are far more things to be concerned with in the world these days than the pool at Oceana Palms. There is always the beach.

Something we didn't get a firm answer on is beach chairs. I know they have the freebie ones. But talking with them we didn't confirm if they are still sitting out for owners to grab themselves. They said that they have chairs that the employees will put out, but all employees are furloughed. They won't be bringing them back until the bring back the staff which was anticipated for June 1st. Not sure if they packed up and put away the beach loungers or if they just won't be there to put them out for owners/guests.
I'm curious if you'd be willing to report back and advise how things are with the restrictions as well as the resurfacing?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We checked in today. Pools are not closed yet. So we have use of both pools through the weekend. I will report back on restrictions. The paperwork they gave us says 10 people per pool at a a time and to checkin with the front desk before heading out there. When we checked in they told me 10% occupancy. Though that would be about 17 villas. I counted at least 25 cars though in the parking garage.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder if employees are parking in the garage because of the low occupancy? I know the sales people always park in the garage (because they're important :rolleyes:). When you say 10 people, is that at the pool or in the pool?

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked in today. Pools are not closed yet. So we have use of both pools through the weekend. I will report back on restrictions. The paperwork they gave us says 10 people per pool at a a time and to checkin with the front desk before heading out there. When we checked in they told me 10% occupancy. Though that would be about 17 villas. I counted at least 25 cars though in the parking garage.
Do they have the complimentary loungers on the beach? Although the pool area is relatively small compared to Ocean Pointe, a lot more than 10 people should be able to sit at least 6 ft apart from others, and families are allowed to sit together at most places.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if employees are parking in the garage because of the low occupancy? I know the sales people always park in the garage (because they're important :rolleyes:). When you say 10 people, is that at the pool or in the pool?
I do think employees are paking in the main garage which would account for more vehicles. I drove past the employee lot and there was only one car.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Do they have the complimentary loungers on the beach? Although the pool area is relatively small compared to Ocean Pointe, a lot more than 10 people should be able to sit at least 6 ft apart from others, and families are allowed to sit together at most places.
We went down to the pool today for a little over an hour. The weather in South Florida is looking to be the pits this week and it started today. There is definitely room for a lot more people at the pools. There looked to be three or four groups of people. Us along with a larger family of seven and a family of four. More than 10 at the one pool. People were avoiding the lap pool because it was cold. Lots of room and certainly room to spread out for a lot more than 10 people.

It does look like the complimentary loungers are still at the beach.

Last edited:

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any ideas when a pool will close?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Any ideas when a pool will close?
No word. It just isn't closed yet. Given the weather forecast for this week, I doubt they will start anything here this coming week, which will likely push the schedule back a couple weeks.

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went down to the pool today for a little over an hour. The weather in South Florida is looking to be the pits this week and it started today. There is definitely room for a lot more people at the pools. There looked to be three or four groups of people. Us along with a larger family of seven and a family of four. More than 10 at the one pool. People were avoiding the lap pool because it was cold. Lots of room and certainly room to spread out for a lot more than 10 people.

It does look like the complimentary loungers are still at the beach.

Evening, I'm curious, are they doing any activity's at all, and is the bar and restaurant closed or open? We are usually there every year around July 4th, we may end up skipping it this year. I'm trying to way the risk versus reward factor.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Evening, I'm curious, are they doing any activity's at all, and is the bar and restaurant closed or open? We are usually there every year around July 4th, we may end up skipping it this year. I'm trying to way the risk versus reward factor.
Everything right now is closed. No Marketplace, no restaurant or bar. They are doing owners updates though; over the phone! We will see what that is like later this week. They offered up 25K in Bonvoy points, so we signed up. Staff is very limited. I have only saw a handfull of staff on site. SOmeone at the front desk all the time and another maintenance person and a couple security people making the rounds.

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything right now is closed. No Marketplace, no restaurant or bar. They are doing owners updates though; over the phone! We will see what that is like later this week. They offered up 25K in Bonvoy points, so we signed up. Staff is very limited. I have only saw a handfull of staff on site. SOmeone at the front desk all the time and another maintenance person and a couple security people making the rounds.
Wow, very quiet I bet, which sounds relaxing. I wouldn't mind being there even with it being pretty well shut down. Over the phone has to be the best way to attend the owner update. I've never done one....my husband refuses to attend and they wont take little old me without my spouse...:) Thanks for the update!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The only downer is that even though it isn't crowded, the rain has come in and it will likely rain all week... :cry:

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
When you book through the Florida Club does it show the view?
Just curious if they're indicating when they might be opening the restaurant/bar area. My thought is that they're not opening right now because there is no one to serve and it'll allow them to keep those staff members furloughed and on the UE rolls vs. sitting around not doing anything.

We're driving down June 25th to stay there and are hoping there are some on-site services but will be ready to do what we're doing here (which is basically take-out and cook-in).

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only downer is that even though it isn't crowded, the rain has come in and it will likely rain all week... :cry:
That's a bummer. Hopefully when it does rain, it will pass quickly so you can catch a little sunshine!