• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Obtaining Disney with Wyndham

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
If you have Plus Partner on your Wyndham Account you can access Disney via the RCI Nightly Stays option. I just confirmed that this is possible. Much to the surprise of the VC that I spoke to.

Trading via RCI Weeks deposits is proving to be problematic, but that is not a surprise as many of us have noticed Wyndham's trade power diminish except of internal trade preferences. It appears to have just average trading power.

This will make the Plus Partner option much more valuable to have, because you can get Disney at the fixed price grid, and a 2 BR will be 154,000 Wyndham points. What a deal, as these are up to 118,000 RCI points for the same week.

mgriff75

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where does the Nightly Stay inventory come from? I found the Disney resorts in Extra Vacations, but not in the regular directory. Do the Nightly Inventory and the extra vacation inventory come from the same place. Also, I bought all my Wyndham points resale, so no plus partners. Can you add just plus partners? How much does it cost?

Thanks,

Matthew

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where does the Nightly Stay inventory come from? I found the Disney resorts in Extra Vacations, but not in the regular directory. Do the Nightly Inventory and the extra vacation inventory come from the same place. Also, I bought all my Wyndham points resale, so no plus partners. Can you add just plus partners? How much does it cost?

Thanks,

Matthew

Nightly Stay is basically RCI Points Inventory. Extra Vacation is different inventory from RCI Points.

I do not know the cost of just adding plus partners, or even if you can just add it with out any additional purchase.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I vaguely recall that the enrollment cost is comparable to convert a single fixed week---so around $2400 or so. If you can get RCI Points at $0.01/pt through other means, you'd need to do at least 7-8 exchanges for peak season 2BR units to recoup that cost.

The Primer should have more details. I would imagine that most sales offices will try to get you to buy more points to enroll---it may take some doing.

mgriff75

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might be worth it to access DVC on a regular basis, but with the chance that DVC will switch back to II, I don't think I am going to take the gamble.

Matthew

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This will make the Plus Partner option much more valuable to have, because you can get Disney at the fixed price grid, and a 2 BR will be 154,000 Wyndham points. What a deal, as these are up to 118,000 RCI points for the same week.

That does sound really good. How does the Plus Partner option work? Is there a formula to convert FF points to RCI points?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That does sound really good. How does the Plus Partner option work? Is there a formula to convert FF points to RCI points?

Partner Plus offers a fixed point amount for a transaction. It does not convert Wyndham points to RCI points. If you have Partner Plus you can obtain an exchange in RCI Nightly for the fixed Wyndham Point amound, regardless of how many point the exchange would be in RCI Points. So some transactions are great deals, some are average.

The fixed grid is as follows in Wyndham points, based on size and season, for a full 7 night stay:

Studio RED 70K, WHITE 42K, BLUE 28K
1BR RED 105K, WHITE 77K, BLUE 63K
2BR RED 154K, WHITE 126K, BLUE 77K
3BR RED 254K, WHITE 189K, BLUE 154K

So depending on what size and season you book as an exchange the corresponding points are removed from your account.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the information, Sandy! Is RCI nightly a term that is specific to FF Partner Plus?

My personal formula to convert my FF points and RCI points is 2 to 1 based on MF. So I think the fixed point grid comes pretty close to RCI points reservation most of the time. Disney seems to be a better value with fixed points grid. But I don't think I'd pay to get on the program just for Disney. They change the rules so often. The first thing that comes to mind is that they can make Disney resort 1-in-4 at any time.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks a lot for the information, Sandy! Is RCI nightly a term that is specific to FF Partner Plus?

My personal formula to convert my FF points and RCI points is 2 to 1 based on MF. So I think the fixed point grid comes pretty close to RCI points reservation most of the time. Disney seems to be a better value with fixed points grid. But I don't think I'd pay to get on the program just for Disney. They change the rules so often. The first thing that comes to mind is that they can make Disney resort 1-in-4 at any time.

Who changes rules often? Wyndham is the only company that does that. :rofl: That would be the reason not to buy Wyndham points.

RCI Points' transactions are exempt from the 1-in-4 rule. They would really shake things up at RCI if they stopped that exemption for RCI points. :eek: I am doubting that will happen. The first thing RCI will probably do is discontinue PFD completely, since it is one way many of us can get the points we need to get into the Disney resorts.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yes I believe that it is specific to Wyndham.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Points' transactions are exempt from the 1-in-4 rule. They would really shake things up at RCI if they stopped that exemption for RCI points.

That is really cool. I heard it somewhere but never really looked into it. I just pulled Smuggler's notch online using RCI points and found that there is no mentioning of 1-in-4. We went there after Xmas 07. I am pretty sure the rule was there then. It's nice for them to make some good changes sometimes. :)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, though, that's not true for Weeks-with-Points reservations. If you reserve Weeks inventory, you are subject to any 1-in-N rules, even if you are using Points to book it.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, though, that's not true for Weeks-with-Points reservations. If you reserve Weeks inventory, you are subject to any 1-in-N rules, even if you are using Points to book it.

I understand that. But I just took another look at Smuggler's availability and found these in fine prints

"**THE 1 IN 4 RULE IS STRICKLY ENFORCED DURING THE FOLLOWING WEEKS: 1-12, 24-34, AND 51-52.** WEEKS 13-23 AND 35-50 YOU MAY BOOK AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE. THE 1 IN 4 RULE DOES NOT APPLY TO 7576 OWNERS."

This is using Standard Points reservation. Did I miss anything? Where does it say points reservations are excluded from 1-in-n?