• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC Availability

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Since I'm home bored I was checking the HGVC website. We are W 57th St owners.

Hilton Club (normally not bookable) has message "Outside Booking Window of 6/14/2020 to 6/29/2020"

The Residences - No availability until May 17, then wide open.

W 57th St - Normal Availability

I'm hazarding a guess that Hilton (hotels) is shutting down the midtown property for some period of time. Since demand is low, HGVC is only operating W 57th St.

Does anyone have more definitive information?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Since the CDC suggested the banning of groups of over 50 people out to May 15th, it looks like Hilton Club and Residences are blanked out. It ***might*** be a website issue similar to the Ocean Oak property which was showing zero days. Availability comes back after May 15th
fsdfgs.JPG

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I wonder if W57 will operate the owners lounge given the new restrictions.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
They may, but have individual portions or I think that they can serve. Also, they'd have to pour wine. I think sealed beer bottles are OK.

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
One of New York City’s biggest hotels is closing.

Most of New York City’s hotels have been struggling since the coronavirus pandemic put a stop to leisure and business travel.

But with very few guests and virtually no reservations for the next several weeks, several hotels, including one of the biggest, are shutting their doors and sending their employees home.

On Tuesday, Hilton Hotels said it would close the massive New York Hilton Midtown indefinitely on Friday. It is one of more than a dozen hotels in the city that has decided this week to close, either for a while or forever, industry officials said.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Most of New York City’s hotels have been struggling since the coronavirus pandemic put a stop to leisure and business travel.

But with very few guests and virtually no reservations for the next several weeks, several hotels, including one of the biggest, are shutting their doors and sending their employees home.

On Tuesday, Hilton Hotels said it would close the massive New York Hilton Midtown indefinitely on Friday. It is one of more than a dozen hotels in the city that has decided this week to close, either for a while or forever, industry officials said.

Yeah, the hotels say that they're closing to protect guests. And I'm sure that's part of it. But it's mostly that no one's coming and they're losing money. Although Midtown has the Urban Destination Fee, so not sure how they could lose money :)

Is there really a solid speculation that they may not reopen at all?

Also, since this impacts HCNY and Residences, maybe that's why the website was proactively not allowing reservations until June?

We're still booked for W. 57th in mid-April. We shall see.

Cheers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club

Yes - just received email because I have (had) a HCNY reservation end of April. Midtown Hilton closing until May 15th, so that affects HCNY and The Residences.

On a lighter note, this may be a great time to move a resale purchase through ROFR.

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I canceled my April w 57th as the city will be pretty much shut down.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I canceled my April w 57th as the city will be pretty much shut down.

We're still going mid-April as there's still much to do there for a few days. But it will surely be a different trip.

Cheers.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Guess my original suspicions were correct.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We're still going mid-April as there's still much to do there for a few days. But it will surely be a different trip.

Cheers.
Things have been changing daily, sometimes minute to minute. I'm sure you are monitoring what's going on in NYC. But it sounds like there might not be much. Restaurants closed, theaters closed, museums closed.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Things have been changing daily, sometimes minute to minute. I'm sure you are monitoring what's going on in NYC. But it sounds like there might not be much. Restaurants closed, theaters closed, museums closed.

Yup. Some museums will theoretically be open prior to then, but I doubt it. Central park, High Line should be open, with distancing. Ample Hills should have takeout ice cream available. I expect it to be reminiscent of my Oct. 5, 2001 trip.

Cheers.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Yup. Some museums will theoretically be open prior to then, but I doubt it. Central park, High Line should be open, with distancing. Ample Hills should have takeout ice cream available. I expect it to be reminiscent of my Oct. 5, 2001 trip.

Cheers.
My thinking is that by mid-April things could be better, or they could be much worse.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thinking is that by mid-April things could be better, or they could be much worse.

Yup. Gonna wait and see. We're going to cancel a trip to San Diego at end of March as we're supposed to do shelter-in-place...and there's some possibility that it we leave Santa Clara before April 7, we might not be allowed back in :)

Our flights are WN one way and AS the other (and we have no-change=fee status with AS), so we can safely cancel.

Cheers.

Glamoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
- Elara
MVC
- MMBR
- MPA
Yeah, the hotels say that they're closing to protect guests. And I'm sure that's part of it. But it's mostly that no one's coming and they're losing money. Although Midtown has the Urban Destination Fee, so not sure how they could lose money :)

Is there really a solid speculation that they may not reopen at all?

Also, since this impacts HCNY and Residences, maybe that's why the website was proactively not allowing reservations until June?

We're still booked for W. 57th in mid-April. We shall see.

Cheers.
Lots of outlets say it's indefinitely closed. Have to admit im a little worried about my ownership at the residences. Anyone else own there and have any idea what happens if The Residences doesn't reopen?

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Lots of outlets say it's indefinitely closed. Have to admit im a little worried about my ownership at the residences. Anyone else own there and have any idea what happens if The Residences doesn't reopen?
I just spoke with HGVC about HCNY booking and they admitted that web site was confusing but that they are now accepting reservation after some date in Dec (2020). Sorry I don't remember exactly when as it was well before I had planned on returning. I suspect the The Residences would be the same date. As an aside I was told carry over points/banked points can't be used beyond 6 months out (also in the contract) fwiw.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
As an aside I was told carry over points/banked points can't be used beyond 6 months out (also in the contract) fwiw.

What? I thought the points could be used for all of 2021, then can be converted to RCI for another two years if needed. What contract said only 6 months? Is this an HCNY only rule?

We need to figure out our 2021 points strategy soon. We may be sending a lot of points to RCI to give another 2 years to use and banking our 2021 points. OTOH it is my hope that NYC opens up in 2021.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
What? I thought the points could be used for all of 2021, then can be converted to RCI for another two years if needed. What contract said only 6 months? Is this an HCNY only rule?

We need to figure out our 2021 points strategy soon. We may be sending a lot of points to RCI to give another 2 years to use and banking our 2021 points. OTOH it is my hope that NYC opens up in 2021.
Join my frustration. Now I can't say that it is only a HCNY rule but for sure it applies to HCNY and she indeed said it was in my contract (I own at HCNY). Also, maybe I wasn't clear, she said you can't book beyond/greater than six months out with borrowed points. That means if I wanted to book (as I did) in May now at HCNY I could not. If someone knows differently place let me as I am getting weary of all of the nuances and rules with HGVC.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Join my frustration. Now I can't that it is only a HCNY rule but for sure it applies to HCNY and she indeed said it was in my contract (I own at HCNY). Also, I maybe I wasn't clear, she said you can't book beyond/greater than six months out with borrowed points. That means if I wanted to book (as I did) in May now at HCNY I could not. If someone knows differently place let me as I am getting weary of all of the nuances and rules with HGVC.

Saying it’s a HCNY situation would make more sense. That property has some very different rules than the rest of the system.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, here's the faq page for HGVC Club Points (I own at HGVC West 57th Street).
I realize this may not be relevant for Hilton Club (at Hilton Hotel) owners.

Last edited: