• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG is starting a new contest that will award $50 to the best review submitted for the month!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $14,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Please check out the review contest thread here vote for the best review and cast your vote for the best review for Feb 2020! winner gets a $50 gift card!
  • We have compiled all the individual CV threads into a single reference thread here for easy access as they are spread out all over the forum: Coronavirus Info
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC Availability

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Since I'm home bored I was checking the HGVC website. We are W 57th St owners.

Hilton Club (normally not bookable) has message "Outside Booking Window of 6/14/2020 to 6/29/2020"

The Residences - No availability until May 17, then wide open.

W 57th St - Normal Availability

I'm hazarding a guess that Hilton (hotels) is shutting down the midtown property for some period of time. Since demand is low, HGVC is only operating W 57th St.

Does anyone have more definitive information?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Since the CDC suggested the banning of groups of over 50 people out to May 15th, it looks like Hilton Club and Residences are blanked out. It ***might*** be a website issue similar to the Ocean Oak property which was showing zero days. Availability comes back after May 15th
fsdfgs.JPG

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if W57 will operate the owners lounge given the new restrictions.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
They may, but have individual portions or I think that they can serve. Also, they'd have to pour wine. I think sealed beer bottles are OK.

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
One of New York City’s biggest hotels is closing.

Most of New York City’s hotels have been struggling since the coronavirus pandemic put a stop to leisure and business travel.

But with very few guests and virtually no reservations for the next several weeks, several hotels, including one of the biggest, are shutting their doors and sending their employees home.

On Tuesday, Hilton Hotels said it would close the massive New York Hilton Midtown indefinitely on Friday. It is one of more than a dozen hotels in the city that has decided this week to close, either for a while or forever, industry officials said.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Most of New York City’s hotels have been struggling since the coronavirus pandemic put a stop to leisure and business travel.

But with very few guests and virtually no reservations for the next several weeks, several hotels, including one of the biggest, are shutting their doors and sending their employees home.

On Tuesday, Hilton Hotels said it would close the massive New York Hilton Midtown indefinitely on Friday. It is one of more than a dozen hotels in the city that has decided this week to close, either for a while or forever, industry officials said.
Yeah, the hotels say that they're closing to protect guests. And I'm sure that's part of it. But it's mostly that no one's coming and they're losing money. Although Midtown has the Urban Destination Fee, so not sure how they could lose money :)

Is there really a solid speculation that they may not reopen at all?

Also, since this impacts HCNY and Residences, maybe that's why the website was proactively not allowing reservations until June?

We're still booked for W. 57th in mid-April. We shall see.

Cheers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club

Yes - just received email because I have (had) a HCNY reservation end of April. Midtown Hilton closing until May 15th, so that affects HCNY and The Residences.

On a lighter note, this may be a great time to move a resale purchase through ROFR.

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I canceled my April w 57th as the city will be pretty much shut down.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I canceled my April w 57th as the city will be pretty much shut down.
We're still going mid-April as there's still much to do there for a few days. But it will surely be a different trip.

Cheers.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Guess my original suspicions were correct.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're still going mid-April as there's still much to do there for a few days. But it will surely be a different trip.

Cheers.
Things have been changing daily, sometimes minute to minute. I'm sure you are monitoring what's going on in NYC. But it sounds like there might not be much. Restaurants closed, theaters closed, museums closed.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Things have been changing daily, sometimes minute to minute. I'm sure you are monitoring what's going on in NYC. But it sounds like there might not be much. Restaurants closed, theaters closed, museums closed.
Yup. Some museums will theoretically be open prior to then, but I doubt it. Central park, High Line should be open, with distancing. Ample Hills should have takeout ice cream available. I expect it to be reminiscent of my Oct. 5, 2001 trip.

Cheers.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. Some museums will theoretically be open prior to then, but I doubt it. Central park, High Line should be open, with distancing. Ample Hills should have takeout ice cream available. I expect it to be reminiscent of my Oct. 5, 2001 trip.

Cheers.
My thinking is that by mid-April things could be better, or they could be much worse.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thinking is that by mid-April things could be better, or they could be much worse.
Yup. Gonna wait and see. We're going to cancel a trip to San Diego at end of March as we're supposed to do shelter-in-place...and there's some possibility that it we leave Santa Clara before April 7, we might not be allowed back in :)

Our flights are WN one way and AS the other (and we have no-change=fee status with AS), so we can safely cancel.

Cheers.