• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New York Resale questions

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
1. only NY, property specific bhc points in the priority window
2. for W57, owners only. I think there are a few reciprocal benefits between some of the other NYC properties but I think that applies to booking window, not sure about lounges, and doesn't include W57.
3. don't know

look forward to others' answers in case I am mistaken. I will be closing at W 57th in the next few weeks - signing closing documents this week.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could I ask which size W 57th contract you decided to purchase?

Wannabe-snowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
new here…hope OP doesn’t mind me following/piggy back on this thread for advice on ny resale. Looking at West 57th. Wondering if points to MF ratios are pretty consistent for NY? Also, we own a non-NY retail and if we purchase W57th resale it would be a second deed. We already pay reserve fee and club dues on our retail deed. I heard club dues are per membership not per deed? Does anyone know if this is true for reserve fee? Have spent a lot of time researching but overwhelmed and can’t seem to figure out right search terms to find specific NY resale advice on TUG. Might be close to making a purchase. Feels like we found a good deal but second guessing myself. Thanks in advance!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could I ask which size W 57th contract you decided to purchase?
went with STP since they are so plentiful and low cost. With our kids we will go just 4-5 nights at a time in a 1 BR, as they fly the coop we'll go the full week in a studio.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard club dues are per membership not per deed? Does anyone know if this is true for reserve fee?

Yes, club dues are once per membership. If you own a bHC contract, you can pay an annual all-in fee (I think it's like $129 or so). With this paid all of your reservations within HGVC (regular and bHC alike) have no reservation fee. Worth every penny to us.

Cheers.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
1)reservations prior to club window must be NY bHC points.
I thought any ", a Hilton Club" points worked in club window (including DC). Did this change?

Wannabe-snowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, club dues are once per membership. If you own a bHC contract, you can pay an annual all-in fee (I think it's like $129 or so). With this paid all of your reservations within HGVC (regular and bHC alike) have no reservation fee. Worth every penny to us.

Cheers.
Thank you! we have hgvmax, so we haven’t been paying reservation fees since June, were pleasantly surprised when that “perk” took effect so early, even the sales people and telephone reservation people didn’t know that was in effect. We’ve booked NY a few times since June with “regular” points no fee as well.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I thought any ", a Hilton Club" points worked in club window (including DC). Did this change?

I was referring to the pre-club Resort window (e.g.) 270 - 60 days at W57) where home bHC points are required for a reservation. Everything else can be used including bHC during club window.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My W57 closed and points are now in my account for use.

How do I sign up for AI?

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
My W57 closed and points are now in my account for use.

How do I sign up for AI?
When I closed on my District, I had to call in to have it changed and they billed me the difference for the year. I closed in either late February or early March, so I had most of the current year. I can't remember if it's prorated. Being this late in the year I'm not sure how much they would bill you (if anything) for 2022. Either way you need to call and they will tell you the amount.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
When I closed on my District, I had to call in to have it changed and they billed me the difference for the year. I closed in either late February or early March, so I had most of the current year. I can't remember if it's prorated. Being this late in the year I'm not sure how much they would bill you (if anything) for 2022. Either way you need to call and they will tell you the amount.

When I did that it wasn’t prorated but instead good for twelve months from when I paid, to be rebilled again at that point.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
that's interesting and kind of odd since all our deeds and club dues are on a CY basis. But i'll give them a call and find out.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
When I got the District, I called and paid the AI fees that was good for the current year. Did not get a proration on the AI part. Also did not get 12 months of usage. Just had to pay the annual membership fee with AI come the following January.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
After thinking about it more, I think they just charged me the difference between the regular Club Dues and the AI Club Dues that first year. This year the AI Fee is tied to one of my deeds and due 1/1.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
After thinking about it more, I think they just charged me the difference between the regular Club Dues and the AI Club Dues that first year. This year the AI Fee is tied to one of my deeds and due 1/1.

This is what typically happens, And it's usually not the bHC bill that it's tied to :)

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
great news, I will just pay the AI add on for 2023 and AI will be in effect immediately (in 2022). Not sure at what point they would allow that, but maybe since our club dues have already been billed?

$137 on top of the club fee of $199 sound right?

Details of AI are in the club handbook /rules but I forget where I can find that. At any rate it lets me make reservations for no fee, which means I can cancel without worrying about losing the fee. If I cancel at 31+ days I also get all my points back. Is that right?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Details of AI are in the club handbook /rules but I forget where I can find that. At any rate it lets me make reservations for no fee, which means I can cancel without worrying about losing the fee.

Page 24:

Fee Schedule for HGV Club Legacy Members
Annual Club Dues are $193 per membership account for Club Members residing in the United States or Canada and $227 (¥25,521) for Members residing outside the United States or Canada.

Owners at select properties have the option to pay “Inclusive Club Dues” of $325 for Members residing in the U.S. or Canada and $351 for Members residing outside the U.S. or Canada. Inclusive Club Dues include annual Club Dues, plus unlimited Home Resort Priority, Hilton Club Priority, and Club reservation fees, as applicable, priced at $99 or less.

Certain reservations and transactions require a fee per reservation/transaction.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
This is what typically happens, And it's usually not the bHC bill that it's tied to :)

Cheers.
Yes my dues are tied to my Kohala suites units. Very weird as I figure you would keep it with the district unit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the pre-club Resort window (e.g.) 270 - 60 days at W57) where home bHC points are required for a reservation. Everything else can be used including bHC during club window.

@CalGalTraveler - was reading through this post and wanted to confirm that you needed specific "home bHC" points for reservations during the Home Resort Priority window (276 - 60 days prior to checkout)? I thought that all bHC points were in the same bucket? Are there restrictions at W57 (or other bHC properties) that require "home bHC" points for reservations prior to Club Season?

I was considering purchasing a resale unit at the Residences by Hilton Club or The District (in addition to W57) to have ownership at another site (for lounge access and priority reservations). That only makes sense if all the bHC points are in the same bucket and can be used interchangeably.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not own bHc but I almost bought
From my notes I was thinking bHc points were sort of all in one bucket but that this could change and:

1) That did not apply to Home Week Priority
2) It did apply as long as you also owned at the resort you were trying to book and then you could use any bHc points for home resort priority (or lower)
3) Lounge access would be given where you also own a resort (could change)
4) District has lowest point per maintenance fees if you want to try to arbitrage situation
5) Some opportunity to Buy all inclusive (AI) which could save you money across all Hilton Resorts but you need to have a significant number of hiltons for this to be worthwhile
6) bHc is now called Hilton Club
7) Non of this applies to HCNY which is pretty much in its own world

While cheapest buy in is The District buying any of these (even The District) is probably not a good decision unless you are actually planning to use them most of the time

WARNING
My info is dated and my notes could be wrong

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
@CalGalTraveler - was reading through this post and wanted to confirm that you needed specific "home bHC" points for reservations during the Home Resort Priority window (276 - 60 days prior to checkout)? I thought that all bHC points were in the same bucket? Are there restrictions at W57 (or other bHC properties) that require "home bHC" points for reservations prior to Club Season?

I was considering purchasing a resale unit at the Residences by Hilton Club or The District (in addition to W57) to have ownership at another site (for lounge access and priority reservations). That only makes sense if all the bHC points are in the same bucket and can be used interchangeably.

I have only W. 57th so don't know for sure, but I believe it has been confirmed that bHC points get pooled and can be used at other bHC windows. But folks with multiple bHC contracts can confirm.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
7) Non of this applies to West 57 street which is pretty much in its own world
It's HCNY that's in its own world. W 57th is one of the gang, although with its own shorter Club window.

Cheers.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's HCNY that's in its own world. W 57th is one of the gang, although with its own shorter Club window.

Cheers.
Corrected

Do saved bHc points retain there bHc character and can you use them for all bHc resorts?