• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new purchase...is this a good deal?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Well Eric is wrong on one very important point. The Developer (years before Wyndham and back to the original creation of Worldmark) did not create a "Special Class" of no NHK Accounts vice all the regular Accounts. Originally all Accounts were NHK. The Developer/BOD discovered this was not sustainable financially. MF's could not pay for everything. So they decreed that all Accounts purchased after "X" date would have House Keeping Fees after they used all their House Keeping Tokens. So actually the illegal class is the regular accounts.

Like so much of the rationalization that NHK account holders engage in, this is fastest path to ending NHK. It is a straight line to all accounts are NHK, ergo housekeeping fees are a fee that the BoD has no legal authority to impose on the members for reservations made with credits purchased from the Club's authorized agent. That punches a big hole in the WMtC budget that has to be filled somehow.

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m almost close to closing escrow on my worldmark. Can someone explain to me why the remaining dues are more than the annual maintenance fees? I know worldmark prepared this document. I’m still confused.

Attachments

• B0852EE7-00AD-4100-BAA7-9F5C4F1DDC43.png
    B0852EE7-00AD-4100-BAA7-9F5C4F1DDC43.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 50

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I’m almost close to closing escrow on my worldmark. Can someone explain to me why the remaining dues are more than the annual maintenance fees? I know worldmark prepared this document. I’m still confused.

I had something like this happen to me on my last resale purchase. Seller picked a date when they thought the sale would close, and only paid dues up thru that date.

Where it impacts you is that they will not complete the transfer until someone pays that lingering balance. In my case it was a smaller amount, so I just paid it. As the seller was taking the position that I was the one who was getting that year's credits.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There's a 10,000 credit WM account listed on Timeshare Nation right now that would be free, including the transfer costs, if this one falls through for OP, @haras. It will probably go quickly, though.

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
There's a 10,000 credit WM account listed on Timeshare Nation right now that would be free, including the transfer costs, if this one falls through for OP, @haras. It will probably go quickly, though.
It's not available anymore. I asked yesterday

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Yeah, they go quickly. Hadn't noticed the update to the inventory until this morning.

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted to report that the transfer is complete. I’m having a hard time logging into the account and have to call customer care again. I can’t wait to use it in interval.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Wanted to report that the transfer is complete. I’m having a hard time logging into the account and have to call customer care again. I can’t wait to use it in interval.
How long did it take to complete the transfer?