• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marriott purchase - Should I cancel??

hybridE4t

Reaction score
I recently enjoyed 3 complimentary nights (and a 4th discounted night) at MVC Phuket Beach Club. I initially went into the presentation partly expecting to turn the offer down but ended up buying into the scheme :doh: I was initially worried by the reputation of timeshare scams but was actually quite reassured by the Marriott brand name and the fact that it was quite a modern and flexible points scheme, not completely unlike spending hotel points. I've since found this site and am worried I may have made a bad decision.

We bought 33,000 Vacation Club points at USD1.30 per point (apparently currently valued at $1.45 per point).

Also included was 12 months Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards status, 260,000 MRP and the Marriott Elite credit card. It retrospect, even if we had made the right choice by going ahead, perhaps we should have negotiated for more freebies :confused:

We put down 10% deposit on credit card and have 90 days to pay the balance (which we will settle without financing). This happened on Nov 3rd and we have 5 days from that date to cancel. I need to double check if this is window is 5 "working days" but either way it doesn't leave long to cancel if we've made a bad decision :ponder:

Reasons why we purchased:
1. We have young children and really enjoyed having a well equipped apartment and family friendly facilities
2. We like the idea of having pre-paid and not having to deal-hunt for future holidays
3. We like the tie in with Marriott points as I occasionally have intense periods of business travel so wanted a complimentary scheme with points. I normally stay with IHG and SPG but I'm happy to switch given they matched my platinum status and provided some MRPs.
4. The club points/non-location specific mechanism sounded very flexible (e.g. ability to roll-over upto 3 years, convert to MRP if necessary, use anytime of year etc) versus what I had previously understood timeshare to be e.g. x weeks in a specific property that had to be exchanged to go elsewhere

I realise that to some extent we may be paying slightly over the odds for the reduced hassle of no longer hunting for normal hotel/villa deals. I didn't realise the timeshare rental market existed (although it sounds like there may be a time versus money element here too).

What I would like to understand is (very roughly) how much we may be paying over the odds and if we just got a bit carried away before we lose the opportunity to cancel.

Thanks for any advice!! I will continue to read the newbie forums in the meantime :)

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
CANCEL NOW!

Do your figuring without the issue of this deadline. As you know, a new and perhaps a better deal will always be offered. But your best bet might be a resale purchase .... but you only have this ONE TIME short window to cancel.

I am not a Marriott owner ... but it is a developer timeshare purchase. They are ALMOST never a GOOD DEAL ... or even a close to good deal unless you are working to get some "special" or "elite" status ... but that takes planning; never good deal on an impulse buy.

Last edited:

Docklander

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently enjoyed 3 complimentary nights (and a 4th discounted night) at MVC Phuket Beach Club. I initially went into the presentation partly expecting to turn the offer down but ended up buying into the scheme :doh: I was initially worried by the reputation of timeshare scams but was actually quite reassured by the Marriott brand name and the fact that it was quite a modern and flexible points scheme, not completely unlike spending hotel points. I've since found this site and am worried I may have made a bad decision.

We bought 33,000 Vacation Club points at USD1.30 per point (apparently currently valued at $1.45 per point).

Also included was 12 months Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards status, 260,000 MRP and the Marriott Elite credit card. It retrospect, even if we had made the right choice by going ahead, perhaps we should have negotiated for more freebies :confused:

We put down 10% deposit on credit card and have 90 days to pay the balance (which we will settle without financing). This happened on Nov 3rd and we have 5 days from that date to cancel. I need to double check if this is window is 5 "working days" but either way it doesn't leave long to cancel if we've made a bad decision :ponder:

1. We have young children and really enjoyed having a well equipped apartment and family friendly facilities
2. We like the idea of having pre-paid and not having to deal-hunt for future holidays
3. We like the tie in with Marriott points as I occasionally have intense periods of business travel so wanted a complimentary scheme with points. I normally stay with IHG and SPG but I'm happy to switch given they matched my platinum status and provided some MRPs.
4. The club points/non-location specific mechanism sounded very flexible (e.g. ability to roll-over upto 3 years, convert to MRP if necessary, use anytime of year etc) versus what I had previously understood timeshare to be e.g. x weeks in a specific property that had to be exchanged to go elsewhere

I realise that to some extent we may be paying slightly over the odds for the reduced hassle of no longer hunting for normal hotel/villa deals. I didn't realise the timeshare rental market existed (although it sounds like there may be a time versus money element here too).

What I would like to understand is (very roughly) how much we may be paying over the odds and if we just got a bit carried away before we lose the opportunity to cancel.

Thanks for any advice!! I will continue to read the newbie forums in the meantime :)

I'll echo the previous post and say that purchases from the developer are very rarely a good idea....so cancelling is probably going to be the best option. But having said that, a bit more info would be useful:

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you've bought as I don't recognize the numbers you're quoting. Marriott's timeshare points system is called the Destination Club and points are usually sold (by the developer) from anywhere between $9.50 and $12.50 per point (I'm using very rough approximations of historical pricing). That seems very different to what you've quoted.

There is a chance that Marriott Phuket (Marriott Asia?) has a different points system that I'm not aware of so please excuse my ignorance if that's the case. Nevertheless, if you give us more details of your purchase then we'll probably be in a better position to advise and to offer some alternatives.

Welcome to TUG!

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll echo the previous post and say that purchases from the developer are very rarely a good idea....so cancelling is probably going to be the best option. But having said that, a bit more info would be useful:

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you've bought as I don't recognize the numbers you're quoting. Marriott's timeshare points system is called the Destination Club and points are usually sold (by the developer) from anywhere between $9.50 and $12.50 per point (I'm using very rough approximations of historical pricing). That seems very different to what you've quoted.

There is a chance that Marriott Phuket (Marriott Asia?) has a different points system that I'm not aware of so please excuse my ignorance if that's the case. Nevertheless, if you give us more details of your purchase then we'll probably be in a better position to advise and to offer some alternatives.

Welcome to TUG!
What the OP has purchased is points in the MVCI Asia Pacific program which is a separate points based TS system but covers only Asia Pacific region - the resorts are 2 in Phuket, 1 in Bangkok and a couple in Hawaii and also in Las Vegas. The AP points club owns units at the resorts and members then use points to make reservations at the resorts. It operates in a very similar way to the Destinations Club in the USA, Caribbean and Europe but the points are priced differently and also the number of points required for reservations are different. There is a rough 10 to 1 difference between the AP points and DC points pricing and usage rates.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

As you will already see, there will be comments about cancelling and stepping back before you commit the cash to this purchase. This is essentially sound advice if you were buying into the US Marriott Vacation Club points system since there are lots of weeks available for resale at Marriott Resorts on the resale market for much less than the price for enough points to be able to book a week at a resort in the USA.

However the decision is perhaps less straight forward for the Asia Pacific points system. Why is the AP decision not so straight forward? Well first the abailablility of resale weeks at a really low price is not nearly so plentiful. There is less of a market for resale weeks in the AP region and so if you want to get into the resorts like Phuket Beach Club or Mai Khao Beach Club as a new owner then AP points can be the only certain way.

Since you have stayed at Phuket Beach Club you should do a quick google search for weeks at PBC on the resale market. You will see a bewildering range of prices. All will be less than you have paid (or will pay) for the points you have decided to buy. In US $ I would suggest a price of around $8K to $9K is probably about what you would pay but some resellers ask silly prices - but they will not sell.

The downside of a resale week at PBC - you will not get the incentives but the cash you save will be a big incentive. You will not be able to exchange for Marriott Rewards points. However all other options will be available - you can exchange with Interval International or use the week at Phuket beach Club as a weeks owner.

The decision is really just down to what do you want to do with your cash and vacations.

I speak as an owner at PBC with both weeks and AP points - all purchased from MVCI at significant cost. I did that before I discovered resales and so the question now would be what would I do now. Without a doubt I would buy weeks on the resale market and save my cash. You may decide otherwise.

Remember that if you cancel, you can always go back next year and buy again - the deal will ALWAYS be there. Once the cancellation deadline is passed you are on the hook !

So - google "phuket beach club resale" and see what you can find.

Last edited:

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also - Welcome to TUG - you made a good decision to do some research here.

Remember- this forum is very USA centric - that's because MVCI is very USA centric.

The information here is all sound and most of us are experienced owners.

hawk5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your reasons are exactly like my reasons were 14 years ago. My family of 5 has enjoyed 14 years of wonderful Marriott timeshare vacations.

Just do your homework before committing! That being said, I have some developer weeks and some resale weeks. Good luck and enjoy what you decide on!!!

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
You will see if you look through this board that almost everyone who comes to this board seeking advice on what to do is told to rescind and take their time to understand the system and pricing. You will also find on this board most people here love their Marriott timeshares/points. Buying directly from Marriott is the easiest way for a new person to get into the system. However, it is also the most costly. There are better options that are a lot less costly with all the same benefits. You could save substantial money with other options, lets say 40% plus....but you won't know whats best for you until you take your time and learn about the Marriott system and what to expect.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

I am not sure if this one has been addressed. You do realize that in addition to the purchase price you will have ongoing annual Maintenance fees which generally go up each year. So you are pre-paying a large chunk now and will be pre-paying an annual fee every year (usually in late Dec/early Jan) as well. You will still be hunting for those holidays and will need to reserve your stays. You will now just be limited to what is available through the Marriott portfolio and just because it is available for cash doesn't mean it will be available using points be it AP points or hotel reward points.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Remember that if you cancel, you can always go back next year and buy again - the deal will ALWAYS be there. Once the cancellation deadline is passed you are on the hook!

There is always great advice on this board and most Tuggers are speaking from years of experience. However, the quote above says it all in one paragraph.

Mike

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)

So, how many nights will 33K points get the OP at PBC?

What are the yearly MF's for 33K Asian Market Points?

If they're not DC points, what are they called?

Since the Asian Market points are only good for Marriott's in Asia (Thailand) and Las Vegas, conversely can the DC points be used for the Asian market, such as Phuket?

With so many TUG Marriott owners buying into the DC program and purchasing their points from Marriott, I'm surprised that more members aren't more receptive to the OP's purchase: $1.3/point, it's for the Asian market, the OP is in Hong Kong, & the OP goes to Phuket on a regular basis.

Just asking and wondering :shrug:

Last edited:

hybridE4t

Reaction score
So, how many nights will 33K points get the OP at PBC?

What are the yearly MF's for 33K Asian Market Points?

If they're not DC points, what are they called?

Since the Asian Market points are only good for Marriott's in Asia (Thailand) and Las Vegas, conversely can the DC points be used for the Asian market, such as Phuket?

With so many TUG Marriott owners buying into the DC program and purchasing their points from Marriott, I'm surprised that more members aren't more receptive to the OP's purchase: $1.3/point, it's for the Asian market, the OP is in Hong Kong, & the OP goes to Phuket on a regular basis.

Just asking and wondering :shrug:

Annual MF is approx USD0.034 x number of points. I'll confirm the exact number tomorrow. DC points here are simply called Club Points.

I'm fairly sure Club Points can be used across the global Marriott resort network.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'm leaning towards staying a point owner but happier that I know what I'm sacrificing. Tbh it's more of a lifestyle investment than about finding the cheapest deal, within reason.

I think once we are familiar with being official MVCI users and perhaps ready to up our annual points then we will look into alternative means to achieve that. I'll make a final decision tomorrow but look forward to any further feedback!

:)

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I have no idea how the Asia Pacific points system works, nor do almost any of the U.S. based posters on TUG. Canceling may be a good idea but I have no idea because I don't know the facts. I am continually amazed by the clear and forceful advice we sometimes see here from those who do not know the facts. I am not trying to be quarrelsome, just objective.

Having said that, I thought MALC9990's post #6 was quite helpful. It was not from a U.S. perspective.

Last edited:

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...

please remember that any MVCD based "point system", eithr DC or AP is NOT as easy to use as MR points. These represent completely different inventory pools. ALL DC and AP reservations are based on exchange and trust inventory... it's not as easy as going on line and reserving...

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Annual MF is approx USD0.034 x number of points. I'll confirm the exact number tomorrow. DC points here are simply called Club Points.

I'm fairly sure Club Points can be used across the global Marriott resort network.

So what you need to confirm is how many nights in the vacation club units you can get for your MF's and/or how many hotel nights you can get. Without that info you can't make an informed decision.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'm leaning towards staying a point owner but happier that I know what I'm sacrificing. Tbh it's more of a lifestyle investment than about finding the cheapest deal, within reason.

I think once we are familiar with being official MVCI users and perhaps ready to up our annual points then we will look into alternative means to achieve that. I'll make a final decision tomorrow but look forward to any further feedback!

Your AP points will work in the same way as DC points work for US based owners in the Destinations Club.

The MVCI Asia Pacific Club owns weeks at a number of MVCI resorts. These are:

Phuket Beach Club - roughly 800 to 900 weeks at this resort (as weeks owners default on their maintenance fees or sell back to MVCI, the weeks are sold onto the AP Club). So this is a slowly growing number of weeks as the years go by.

Mai Khao Beach Club - ALL units are owned by the MVCI AP Club - there are no weeks owners at this resort.

Las Vegas - Grand Chateau

Ko Olina Beach Club - Hawaii

Waiohai Beach Club - Hawaii

Empire Place - Bangkok

I do not know how many units at each of the above the AP Club actually owns.

To answer the question on what the OP's AP points could reserve - 33,000 points is just enough for a platinum week at Phuket beach Club and Mai Khao Beach Club. Enough for about 11 nights in Gold Season. For the other resorts I would need to look up the information online. 33,000 AP points will not get a week at XMAS, New Year or Chinese new Year weeks - these weeks require double points !!

You can also use your AP Points to exchange with II and also to access other MVCI resorts in Europe. Also the Club contracts with some Marriott Hotels across Asia and Australia to enable AP Club members to book hotel rooms using points.

I own weeks at PBC - 3 and AP Points - 30K and yes I bought them all from the developer before I wised up to resales, but that is all water under the bridge now.

AP points offer more flexibility in the booking process since you can use them in any season whereas a weeks owner is restricted to their season unless they either exchange thru II, or have enrolled their weeks into the DC and then exchange for DC points to use for an exchange.

My PBC weeks are also enrolled in the AP points system so I can exchange my weeks for AP points if I want to use them as an exchange mechanism. This operates in exactly the same way as enrolling a week in the DC points system for an owner at a resort in the USA, Caribbean or Europe. the one difference is that there is no Skim - the points required to book a week is the same number of points you get for an enrolled week.

Just like in the USA, in Asia MVCI no longer sells weeks - only AP points.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...

Remember that any MVCD based "point system", eithr DC or AP is NOT as easy to use as MR points. These represent completely different inventory pools. ALL DC and AP reservations are based on exchange and trust inventory... it's not as easy as going on line and reserving...

AP points usage is basically the same as Trust points in the DC system. They can be used for booking weeks owned by the Club - think of the Club as the Trust in DC terms. They can also be used to exchange within the II system.

If I take one of my PBC weeks and trade it for AP points then a week goes to the Club inventory pool for that year and I can use my points to look for inventory in the same way as any other club member. The AP Club basically only has one inventory bucket - which is distinctly different to the two inventory buckets in the DC system with Trust and Exchange inventory.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
AP points usage is basically the same as Trust points in the DC system. They can be used for booking weeks owned by the Club - think of the Club as the Trust in DC terms. They can also be used to exchange within the II system.

If I take one of my PBC weeks and trade it for AP points then a week goes to the Club inventory pool for that year and I can use my points to look for inventory in the same way as any other club member. The AP Club basically only has one inventory bucket - which is distinctly different to the two inventory buckets in the DC system with Trust and Exchange inventory.
To bad Marriott didn't design the DC/Trust system the same as the AP system, it would have been more attractive, especially since there is no skim. In fact, in would have been better if there was only one system, they should have opened the AP system to everyone and skipped the DC/Trust.

Sounds like the OP is buying into a nice system, although costly up front, the MF's are not that bad: less than my Marriott and HGVC TS's.

Nice that the OP is getting enough points for PBC 2 Plat weeks. Since all of the units at PBC are 2 BDRM, I assume that's 2 plat weeks in a 2 BDRM: not bad.

So, Waiohai (all 2 BDRM's) is the only Marriott TS on Kauai in the AP program, no KBC or Kauai Lagoons where an AP owner could use less points?

Last edited:

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
To bad Marriott didn't design the DC/Trust system the same as the AP system, it would have been more attractive, especially since there is no skim. In fact, in would have been better if there was only one system, they should have opened the AP system to everyone and skipped the DC/Trust.

Sounds like the OP is buying into a nice system, although costly up front, the MF's are not that bad: less than my Marriott and HGVC TS's.

Nice that the OP is getting enough points for PBC 2 Plat weeks. Since all of the units at PBC are 2 BDRM, I assume that's 2 plat weeks in a 2 BDRM: not bad.

So, Waiohai (all 2 BDRM's) is the only Marriott TS on Kauai in the AP program, no KBC or Kauai Lagoons where an AP owner could use less points?
33000 AP points only gets one week in Plat season at PBC.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If I am reading Malc9990's post above correctly, the OP is purchasing enough points for a single Plat. week reservation in a 2BR unit at PBC, at a purchase price in excess of four times what a single resale week would likely run. That's a pretty high premium.

My advice is the same as most of the above- you have 5 days to rescind, and a lifetime to buy. By virtue of the fact that you are even asking the question, your only choice should be to rescind. Take the time to learn about what you are buying, whether it is the best way to achieve your vacation objectives, and if there are other, more cost effective, ways of getting where and when you want to go. After you are satisfied you have a full understanding of what you are getting into, then it's the time to act. That's the best way to enjoy timesharing, without regrets.

BTW- welcome to TUG:hi::hi:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I am reading Malc9990's post above correctly, the OP is purchasing enough points for a single Plat. week reservation in a 2BR unit at PBC, at a purchase price in excess of four times what a single resale week would likely run. That's a pretty high premium.

My advice is the same as most of the above- you have 5 days to rescind, and a lifetime to buy. By virtue of the fact that you are even asking the question, your only choice should be to rescind. Take the time to learn about what you are buying, whether it is the best way to achieve your vacation objectives, and if there are other, more cost effective, ways of getting where and when you want to go. After you are satisfied you have a full understanding of what you are getting into, then it's the time to act. That's the best way to enjoy timesharing, without regrets.

BTW- welcome to TUG:hi::hi:
Which would make sense for you & me because we want to own weeks, no DC or AP points. But there are many Marriott owners here on TUG that wanted DC points for one reason or another. If you want points, your going to have to pay for them. I don't think that you can purchase AP or DC points in the resale market, and if you can what the cost would be and the availability. So it goes back again, if you want to be in the points system, your going to pay (thru the nose) for them.

Being points and that I have very limited knowledge of the DC points system, let alone the AP system, I see no way that I could offer any advise either way, but it is interesting discussing the AP/DC system and learning more about it. It will also be interesting to learn which way the OP decides to go, although it sounds like they are leaning towards keeping their points contract and not canceling.

I have to agree 100% with BocaBoy:

... I am continually amazed by the clear and forceful advice we sometimes see here from those who do not know the facts. I am not trying to be quarrelsome, just objective.

Having said that, I thought MALC9990's post #6 was quite helpful. It was not from a U.S. perspective.

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I agree totally with this post.

Brian

As you will already see, there will be comments about cancelling and stepping back before you commit the cash to this purchase. This is essentially sound advice if you were buying into the US Marriott Vacation Club points system since there are lots of weeks available for resale at Marriott Resorts on the resale market for much less than the price for enough points to be able to book a week at a resort in the USA.

However the decision is perhaps less straight forward for the Asia Pacific points system. Why is the AP decision not so straight forward? Well first the abailablility of resale weeks at a really low price is not nearly so plentiful. There is less of a market for resale weeks in the AP region and so if you want to get into the resorts like Phuket Beach Club or Mai Khao Beach Club as a new owner then AP points can be the only certain way.

Since you have stayed at Phuket Beach Club you should do a quick google search for weeks at PBC on the resale market. You will see a bewildering range of prices. All will be less than you have paid (or will pay) for the points you have decided to buy. In US $ I would suggest a price of around $8K to $9K is probably about what you would pay but some resellers ask silly prices - but they will not sell.

The downside of a resale week at PBC - you will not get the incentives but the cash you save will be a big incentive. You will not be able to exchange for Marriott Rewards points. However all other options will be available - you can exchange with Interval International or use the week at Phuket beach Club as a weeks owner.

The decision is really just down to what do you want to do with your cash and vacations.

I speak as an owner at PBC with both weeks and AP points - all purchased from MVCI at significant cost. I did that before I discovered resales and so the question now would be what would I do now. Without a doubt I would buy weeks on the resale market and save my cash. You may decide otherwise.

Remember that if you cancel, you can always go back next year and buy again - the deal will ALWAYS be there. Once the cancellation deadline is passed you are on the hook !

So - google "phuket beach club resale" and see what you can find.

hybridE4t

Reaction score
High season:

1. PBC rental (2 bedroom villa) via SMTN seems to be USD 2500 (unsure if this inc tax) + transaction fee
2. Booking on marriott.com (inc tax) is $2841 for an adv booking or $4376 otherwise
3. Using my AP would be most of my 33k annual allowance. Around 30k I think.

I will check paperwork once home for exact numbers but the cost of point usage is approximately:
MF: 30,000 x 0.034 = $1020
+
1 years use of 42 ownership outlay: 30,000 x $1.3 / 42 = $929
=
$1949

I guess the true cost is a little more as I would be earning about 3% interest on the money if it was sitting in my bank account. On the flip side I also haven't factored in the free MRPs and Premier status benefits.

This doesn't seem too bad... what am I missing?

Last-minute low season:
1. PBC rental via SMTN seems to be USD 348 (inc transaction fee but unsure if this inc tax)
2. Via marriott.com last minutes deals would be $1578
3. Last minute AP bookings (less than 59 days) cost 10,000 points regardless of low/high season so a third of the above calculation comes to $650

Rental looks better here. The trouble is our eldest son starts school next year so I'm not sure to what extent we'll be able to take advantage of low season.