• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New interval international getaway confirmation without Marriott confirmation number [merged]

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
I booked a couple of January getaways last night when Orlando Marriotts became available in priority view and the conformation was not a PDF certificate like in the past and it didn’t have the marriott confirmation number.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I booked a couple of January getaways last night when Orlando Marriotts became available in priority view and the conformation was not a PDF certificate like in the past and it didn’t have the marriott confirmation number.
Perhaps you only received the payment receipt? Kind of looks like a very generic text based email. The PDF should follow.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I retraded this week and the confirmation is no longer a PDF. My reservation number was in between the unit details and guests eligible for check-in sections. I almost missed it.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen people report that they sometimes don't get the Bonvoy reservation number in confirmations. My experience is I always get them.
Not sure if its resort related or just fluctuates.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Perhaps you only received the payment receipt? Kind of looks like a very generic text based email. The PDF should follow.
Nope. Got that. The confirmation is not the same and from what TOMVC said above the exchange confirmation has changed too.

The getaway confirmation says getaway trip details.
There is an II conformation but not Marriott

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps they are having issues generating and/or sending confirmations? The Marriott confirmation number is between the unit details and guests that can check in on the PDF confirmation so perhaps there is an issue on their end properly generating the confirmation PDF certificate. I also tried to resend some confirmations to my email and neither one came through. So it leads me to think they might be having issues creating the PDFs and delivering them.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I did not get the email either with the certificate. I was just told they are not sending the certificates any longer. A new format. However this new format does not have the Marriott confirmation number.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We booked a getaway on the 16th (not a Marriott resort) and received a PDF certificate.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
I asked
The new format just came out this week. They wanted it to have clickable links.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I asked
The new format just came out this week. They wanted it to have clickable links.

On the getaway side II does not have a Marriott reservation number. It is not that it was left off the confirmation email sent.
In the past, II getaway PDF confirmations had the Marriott confirmation number. So not sure how that makes sense.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi all,
More details,
There were supposed to be reservation numbers on the confirmation.

I retraded this week and the confirmation is no longer a PDF. My reservation number was in between the unit details and guests eligible for check-in sections. I almost missed it.
Tomvc is right as to where it is supposed to be

I booked a getaway and the reservation number was there
I booked another getaway and the reservation was not there.

They are working on it. The getaway that I didn’t get a reservation number for also didn’t send the confirmation email til I had requested a resend twice.

So just glitches to a new way of doing things.
Mark is working with tech to get it sorted and was able to find me the missing reservation number

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
In the past, II getaway PDF confirmations had the Marriott confirmation number. So not sure how that makes sense.
You are correct. It didn’t make sense. It was a glitch and they are working to make sure everyone gets their confirmation email and that the reservation number is included.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi all,
More details,
There were supposed to be reservation numbers on the confirmation.

Tomvc is right as to where it is supposed to be

I booked a getaway and the reservation number was there
I booked another getaway and the reservation was not there.

They are working on it. The getaway that I didn’t get a reservation number for also didn’t send the confirmation email til I had requested a resend twice.

So just glitches to a new way of doing things.
Mark is working with tech to get it sorted and was able to find me the missing reservation number
Yeah, that seems to be the case. I also asked Mark about it and as of last night they are having issues delivering the confirmations. We shall see what is up when they get things sorted out.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like the confirmations are flowing again. I received the emails for the confirmations I resent earlier today. I see that the exchange conformation does include the Marriott Bonvoy confirmation number. I'm just waiting for a getaway confirmation to arrive to check that.

I do like the new confirmations. The number can now be highlighted and copied. Makes it easier to look up on Marriott.com over hand typing it. I suspect they wanted to get away from PDF as there is probably some kind of licensing fee they pay for the software that creates those PDFs.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, the getaway confirmation email doesn't have the Marriott Bonvoy confirmation number where the one we received previously for the same stay in PDF form did.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Well, the getaway confirmation email doesn't have the Marriott Bonvoy confirmation number where the one we received previously for the same stay in PDF form did.
If you call Mark he can give you the reservation number and hopefully they will get the glitch fixed soon.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you call Mark he can give you the reservation number and hopefully they will get the glitch fixed soon.
Thanks. I actually have it since I have the PDF but this is good to know.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
II exchange confirmed this morning. Friend checking in to Grand Chateau tonight. Needs Marriott reservation number.
It is not on the new confirmation.
Calling Emergency number, on hold.
Emailed II the situation.

update:
Friend got through to II and they gave Marriott reservation number. Now waiting for them to contact Marriott with the reservation.

update 2:
They believe they are all set.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This is where I see the reservation number on an exchange confirmation. Under the Unit Details;
1719182629564.png

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for photo. Neither the "Reservation Number" label nor the value appeared on friend's confirmation.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for photo. Wasn't there on friend's confirmation.
Did you get a confirmation before you added the guest certificate? I wonder if it just doesn't show up when it is for a guest.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Friend confirmed on his own account. I just happened to see the resort / date he needed this morning, and notified him this morning.

I told them to call Grand Chateau to make sure Grand Chateau had received confirmation from II. And I told them they might need to call II's Sunday number to make sure reservation had been sent to Marriott today.

Later, they called me re: the Marriott reservation number. That's when I looked at their confirmation and realized it was the "new format" that I skimmed in this thread earlier in the week.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
I booked two more getaways early this morning since platinum preference finished on the ones I wanted and I didn’t want to miss them.
Neither of the confirmation emails contained the Marriott reservation number so I guess the glitch still remains.

SherBear801

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside Resort- Park City
Marriott Willow Ridge Lodge- Branson
Marriott grand Chateau- Las Vegas
I just got one this week and it did have the Marriott reservation number but it’s not in the place that it used to be. It’s lower on the new certificate. It’s just below “Unit Details” on the new certificates.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Booked a Getaway today at Grand Chateau and used a Guest Certificate. No reservation # in the confirmation email. Will be calling Interval tomorrow.