• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

National Timeshare Help Center

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,

I have some questions... When do you actually place the week into the new rentee's name? Are you typically waiting until the last week, or do you mostly do it early in the process? And are you purchasing a guest certificate for the rentee? And if so, different systems have different guest certificate prices. How do you pass that varying cost on to the renter?

I'm curious because I may be interested in using your company. It's obvious from your TUG support that you are customer-oriented.

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Las Vegas, Massanutten
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Regal Vista, Wyndham, Bluegreen, Diamond
Weeks purchased direct from owners are placed in the guest name immediately. That does not always mean it shows up at the resort at that time. I have two full time employees who do nothing else, but confirm reservations before we purchase them and then reconfirm guest names in advance of travel. Additionally, reservations are confirmed once again 24 hours in advance of travel.

Typically the owners of the property are responsible for purchasing a guest certificate, but depending on the price these things can be negotiable and split between both parties or one or the other.

You can call me if you would like and I can answer any other questions you have.

Thanks,
Cindy
540-560-2987

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cindy, I have several weeks and may need your help renting some. I'm going to try it myself first, but I'm wondering how it's going to work this year.

Thank you for your responses.

mw77loveskw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deleted

[Advertising is not allowed in the regular forums on TUG - see the advice posted below.-DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct forum?

[Advertising deleted - DeniseM Moderator]

I am not the "posting police" (and never even applied for that job), but wouldn't it make more sense to post this particular inquiry in the TUG section labelled (...oddly enough...) Rentals Wanted ? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

garymc

Reaction score
I read this thread and contacted the OP. I asked him if he was stranded in Mexico or what. He responded that everything worked out well, no problems.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, GaryMC!

For those of you who have not read the whole thread, the issue was the the Original Poster had a rental, and was having trouble confirming with the resort.

I often rent out units, and sometimes find it very, very difficult to confirm the name change in advance with the resort. I had one booking at a Wyndham resort that was an absolute nightmare -- dozens of phone calls to try to verify that the week was in the renter's name. Apparently, many Wyndham resorts don't get the booking information "from the central office" until a few days prior to check-in. Because of this, I will no longer rent out anything from Wyndham.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I read this thread and contacted the OP. I asked him if he was stranded in Mexico or what. He responded that everything worked out well, no problems.

It would have been courteous of the OP to post news of the happy outcome himself, instead of casting aspersions on a TUG member and leaving things just hanging. How ironic that the OP uses the alias "Referee". :rolleyes:

geekette

Reaction score
I have done business with Cindy numerous times and would not hesitate to do business with her again. I highly recommend her.

oooops, finished reading thread, guess my post wasn't needed.

Last edited: