• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My popoki died :(

PrettyKitties

TUG Member
Reaction score
1355459721035928501Sbudfy

My Precious kitty died suddenly at the beginning of the month from congestive heart failure. She was with us for over 13 years and was a very affectionate and loving kitty. :bawl:

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Being a fellow cat lover/owner myself, I know what joy these independent, charming creatures can bring into our lives. My condolences go out to you.

Dori

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I always have my animal companions so the loss is inevitable, but they bring such richness to our lives, don't they?

Sue

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss- take a look here.
Ron

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We lost our 15 year old cat last week from the same thing. I wasn't prepared for how much I'd miss her. My condolences to you. Been there, done that. Everytime I say "this is the last one we'll have..." Yeah, right...

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
My pooch is 13 this year and the signs of aging are showing. Breaks my heart to see her aging faster than me. I've always had a pet and they quickly become part of the family and are always missed when the end comes - you think of them daily, sometimes even think you hear them.

Sad time for you. Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Brian

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
My cat Cody (my avatar) is recovering from surgery for some sort of abcess...never mind :ignore: .....she is 12 years old and a sudden illness really makes you think how your life would be without your 'special friend'.
I am sorry for your loss..... :(

PrettyKitties

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Even though I have 2 other kitties, it doesn't feel the same coming home without Precious.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am so sorry for your loss. They are so precious, every one of God's creatures.

We have lost several wonderful animals over the years, including a dog that I loved so much, I couldn't even dream of replacing her. We haven't had a dog for 20 years as a result. Dogs are also a huge responsibility and don't mix well with traveling "parents."

Our sweet Cosby (black cat) died on July 4th three years ago, and I still miss her terribly. She had to put up with our naughty kittens before she died, and I feel a little guilty about bringing them into our home during her senior years. She was 18.

bass

TUG Member
Reaction score
So very sorry for your loss. We have 5 kitties now. Our oldest is 16 1/2. We lost his mate 3 years ago at 14 1/2. It was very hard. They are so special.

Nancy

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you will find comfort in your memories of the good times.

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel so bad for you - I know my day is comming (my kitty is 16) and I dread the thought. :bawl:

Take care,
Marsha

My Precious kitty died suddenly at the beginning of the month from congestive heart failure. She was with us for over 13 years and was a very affectionate and loving kitty. :bawl:

taffy19

Reaction score

I feel your pain and am so sorry that you lost your beautiful cat so suddenly. We lost our cat (Taffy) in March in a matter of a few days and I still can't get used to it. He looked just like yours except in a different color.

Did you read the link that someone posted here as it may comfort you a little bit.

Ginny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still get a little teary reading 'The Rainbow Bridge,' (link above),which our vet sent us after our loss of our last 'mighty cat' last February. Hugs to you...

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry

I am sorry to hear about your kitty....I have a good friend right now who is dealing with whatever illness her kitty has, her vet thinks her cat of ten years has liver cancer....I have a cat right now who is about ten and I love her so much. I have had to deal twice with a loss of a cat and I know one can never get over it. Please know that my heart goes out to you during this time. Remember her good days and the love you gave each other. Again, I am so sorry. Sue

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sympathize with your loss and share your pain.

Our beloved 15 year old cat Hobo, in my avatar, died suddenly in June, probably from the same thing.

We took him to the vet as we noticed that his breathing was rapid, and he wasn't eating as much as usual. The vet said that it was his heart and he didn't have long to live.

We had no idea that he was sick. His behaviour was perfectly normal. We brought him home to have a bit more time with him. However, that evening he died in my husband's arms. The stress of going to the vet must have been too much for his heart.

Our other two elderly cats died two years ago, and now we are catless, except for their ashes on our hearth.

I'm so sad. Hobo was the most loving, wonderful cat we ever had. I keep looking for him in all his favorite spots.

We won't be having any more cats, due to our frequent travels.

I can't bear the thought.

Reaction score
cat poem

An intangible door opens.
Green eyes widen.
A tenth life begins.

Through a haze of snow
Curling upon new-turned
earth
A ghost cat appears.

My hand strokes thin air
As I pass where she used to
perch.
Old habits die hard.

I don't know who wrote that, but I love it. When my doc's cat died, I printed it out on pretty paper and gave it to him.
So sorry for your loss.
Holly

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a cat owner and not even a cat fancier, but I know how hard it is when a beloved pet passes.

All the best as you deal with the loss.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
My deepest sympathies. I lost my beloved dog Joshua, 4 weeks ago and realized that like children, they love you unconditionally. Children grow and do occasionally put conditions on their love, especially when teenagers, but dogs and cats adopt us, they choose who is their "human" and they are loyal to the core. That unconditional love and loyalty is the lose that nothing can replace and that is what I grieve. For you and all of us pet owners.

taffy19

Reaction score
I sympathize with your loss and share your pain.

Our beloved 15 year old cat Hobo, in my avatar, died suddenly in June, probably from the same thing.

We took him to the vet as we noticed that his breathing was rapid, and he wasn't eating as much as usual. The vet said that it was his heart and he didn't have long to live.

We had no idea that he was sick. His behaviour was perfectly normal. We brought him home to have a bit more time with him. However, that evening he died in my husband's arms. The stress of going to the vet must have been too much for his heart.

Our other two elderly cats died two years ago, and now we are catless, except for their ashes on our hearth.

I'm so sad. Hobo was the most loving, wonderful cat we ever had. I keep looking for him in all his favorite spots.

We won't be having any more cats, due to our frequent travels.

I can't bear the thought.
Reading your post makes me feel so sad for all pet lovers who have old cats or dogs. You know that time is running out and you dread the thought and then you'll have to deal with reality too when it finally happens. We have gone through this seven times already so decided no more as we too hope to travel a little more.

We knew all along that Taffy's days were numbered at age 18 1/2. I thought he was a year younger but I was wrong. He had a clean bill of health the week he died except for a high thyroid for which he had pills but he got paralyzed all of the sudden and may have made a fall while we were out. We loved him dearly and since he is our last cat, his memory is with us all day long but it are good memories and I dedicated a web page to him and a photo album. It seems to help.

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pets have shorter life spans than we do. This is painfull.

I have lost so many great cats to cancer,viruses, old age, abscesses, All the things humans die from.

It is really painful to loose a pet but I always tell myself a cat living in the wild, from Ferrel domestic cats to lions and tigers ,has a very slim chance of living half as long as our pet cats do. So it is a symbiotic relationship both species seem enjoy.

Hope you are feeling better.

vivalour

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain and am so sorry that you lost your beautiful cat so suddenly. We lost our cat (Taffy) in March in a matter of a few days and I still can't get used to it. He looked just like yours except in a different color.

Did you read the link that someone posted here as it may comfort you a little bit.

Taffy looks a lot like our family cat "Marmelade" -- a big fluffy male, whom we had to have euthanized at age 15 which happened to be just before my 40th birthday. He wasted away from some sort of blood cancer. It was awful and I had nightmares for days. So sorry for your loss, iconnections.