• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My experience on transitioning Welk fixed week to points. Now regret!

rachelmagic

Reaction score
I own a fixed week in Welk Escondido's original Resort Villas. It is a two bedroom two bath in July. Current maintenance fee is $1136. I also exchange through interval and utilize the getaway deals on II when there is something I like. I have never transitioned to the points program even when it there was opportunities to do so in the past. I was happy with what I had and I had no problem exchanging through interval. However, now that Welk will become fully Hyatt by next year, I considered transitioning.

Yesterday, I went to the owner's update and I was offered 270,000 points for about $6,212+closing fee under Hyatt Vacation Club program. Maintenance fee would be almost $1884. I felt that it would be worth it and signed the contract. One of the things I liked was flexibility with having shorter stays.

After getting home and fully rereviewing the contract with a clear mind, I realized that the salesperson misinformed me with a lot of information that did not match up in the contract. For example, was under the impression that I would be under Marriott now, and not Hyatt. Found a line in the contract that basically says that the salespeople can lie and it does not have to be true.

Additionally, I feel that I made a mistake since the transitioning points would be under Hyatt Vacation Club program. After 1/1/2023, the point will be converted to World of Hyatt at a discounted rate, for unknown conversion rate. So I do not actually know what my points would be worth later on. The salesperson was not able to inform us what 270,000 would mean to the World of Hyatt point.

Another point would be that my Maintenance fee would be significantly higher.

I am now considering backing out of the contract as I still have time to complete that process. Love to know what you think!

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Rescind. That's really not a lot of points for Welk and the MFs are too high. Keep what you have.