• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mega renters

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might depend on the size of your ownership.
We are blocked from buying more developer points from Wyndham.
Today Salesman told our SIL & daughter that anyone with more than 5 million points is classified as a “mega renter”.
Funny part is we’ve never used 5 or more GCs in a year.
You know better then believing what sales says. If you have used Ovations to exit higher priced maintenance fee deeds you can also be prohibited from buying developer. You can buy all the resale points you desire if the rules have not changed.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know better then believing what sales says.
Please tell me what the salesman has to gain by saying “I can’t sell you any points”. Do you think he was being truthful??

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might depend on the size of your ownership.
We are blocked from buying more developer points from Wyndham.
Today Salesman told our SIL & daughter that anyone with more than 5 million points is classified as a “mega renter”.
Funny part is we’ve never used 5 or more GCs in a year.

Please tell me what the salesman has to gain by saying “I can’t sell you any points”. Do you think he was being truthful??

Stanley Do you honestly believe the Sales weasel completely? It is very common for sales to talk in half truths and lies and You know this first hand having to rescind a purchase. The statement of not being able to sell you more points is truthful but It has nothing to do with the size of your ownership and you are not a mega renter. Wyndham will not sell you more developer points if you have used Ovations and is more likely the issue.

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stanley Do you honestly believe the Sales weasel completely? It is very common for sales to talk in half truths and lies and You know this first hand having to rescind a purchase. The statement of not being able to sell you more points is truthful but It has nothing to do with the size of your ownership and you are not a mega renter. Wyndham will not sell you more developer points if you have used Ovations and is more likely the issue.

Not true. I have used Ovations on 2 occasions. They still try to sell me more points any time I sit through a presentation.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Never used Ovations so guess again!!

That's the salesperson saying I'm not wasting my time on you because if you have 5M points you aren't likely to buy more from me. If you were truly on the do not sell to list because Wyndham identified you as a mega renter then anyone whose name is on any of the contracts in your account wouldn't have been allowed to do an update/sales presentation.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Personally, I won’t miss them, but I’m sure more will pop up to replace the ones that went out of business. In the mean time, owners will have less competition to rent out their own points. Extra holidays is their biggest competitor, but it’s not that difficult to beat their price consider they are required to charge taxes.
"In the mean time, owners will have less competition to rent out their own points." Not really. For those megarenters who survive, they will have most of 2020 points plus their 2021 points to flush through. They will be booking and holding everything in sight. It could be doubly hard to find desired reservations. If there is something that you want in 2021, book it now.