• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mega renters

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Wyndham"s GC cancellation policy will there be any mega renters that survive after 2020?

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly, it will be rough for a while, but people want to get back out and travel and people will want their points managed because they can't travel. All those points will be there to rent and someone will want to rent the reservations if the price is right.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
aka the bottom is about drop out of the market unless people start travelling more. Supply - demand inflection point driven by over-supply and demand falling off the cliff.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly, it will be rough for a while, but people want to get back out and travel and people will want their points managed because they can't travel. All those points will be there to rent and someone will want to rent the reservations if the price is right.
People also need points managed or rent their points because many were sold more points then they can possibly use.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Personally, I won’t miss them, but I’m sure more will pop up to replace the ones that went out of business. In the mean time, owners will have less competition to rent out their own points. Extra holidays is their biggest competitor, but it’s not that difficult to beat their price consider they are required to charge taxes.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read on website or in an email starting 6/15 resorts are honoring guest confirmations again. I would still double check, but really I read it Lol

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I read on website or in an email starting 6/15 resorts are honoring guest confirmations again. I would still double check, but really I read it Lol

Yes, Wyndham sent an email to all owners last week about this item, among other announcements. Here's the verbiage from the email:

We continue adapting to state and local regulations as well as public health guidance to create a fun and safe vacation for you.

• We are working to reopen pools at most resorts. Specifics on the pool openings for each resort are available here.

• We will begin honoring guest reservations, beginning June 15, as occupancy allows. And, additional reservation types such as exchange and rental will soon be accommodated.

• We want to help owners get on vacation faster so we are making Wyndham-owned inventory, which is normally designated for rental and other uses, available exclusively to owners.

• We are prioritizing owner reservations and working to honor as many as possible. If your owner reservation is impacted, you have my commitment that our team will help you find another vacation opportunity.

• To help keep you and our associates safe, associates are thoroughly trained on enhanced health and safety protocols, and you'll notice them practicing social distancing around the resorts. Associates are also provided with personal protective equipment including face masks and temperatures are screened prior to reporting for work.

• During the temporary resort closures, we implemented our new Vacation Ready program, enhanced cleaning and safety measures to give you piece of mind while you’re on vacation.

• We recognize that COVID-19 has had a lasting impact on our lives, including how we vacation, so we have relaxed more than 30 club rules and policies to make vacation planning easier.

Thank you for trusting us with your vacations, this year and for a lifetime. Our doors are open and we’re ready to help you create your vacation memories.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Wyndham sent an email to all owners
I'm going to have to check with my husband to see if he's been getting these emails, but I certainly haven't. If he is, then at best Wyndham is sending emails to all primary email addresses (and I'll have to call to see if they'll switch it to mine instead of his), but that's not necessarily the same as all owners.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I'm going to have to check with my husband to see if he's been getting these emails, but I certainly haven't. If he is, then at best Wyndham is sending emails to all primary email addresses (and I'll have to call to see if they'll switch it to mine instead of his), but that's not necessarily the same as all owners.

The emails only go to the primary owner's email address if our account is anything to go by.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welp, he does get (and immediately disregards) these messages. Maybe @HitchHiker71 can add an enhancement request that every owner with a separate login and email receive such important notifications, rather than just the email address associated with the main point of contact. Any owner with booking ability should also be made aware of important policy-related information.

Edit: the irony being that when I made our first purchase, I provided our names with my name first, and provided my email address. And yet somehow the primary contact is listed as my husband and his email address. Because, I can only assume, patriarchy. :rolleyes:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
The emails only go to the primary owner's email address if our account is anything to go by.

We use a shared email alias/address for any/all items along this line - we never use our individual personal email addresses to avoid situations like this. All notifications go the shared email alias. We have forwarding enabled for the email alias to go to our individual personal email addresses. I've been doing this for about ten years now. Most of the popular email services support creating aliases like this, it's easy to do.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I learned Wyndham requires a letter signed by both (all?) owners to request the main point of contact be changed. Fortunately it can be emailed and doesn't need to be snail mailed. (As an aside, RCI will simply change it over the phone, which I did with them a couple of years ago.)

I can see the argument for having a joint email alias for accounts where there's only a single login. With something like Wyndham where each owner has a separate login and has full ownership and booking privileges, each of those logins, i.e. each owner that can make bookings independently, should simply receive all of the important email notifications. It shouldn't require a workaround. My husband and I each have a separate login to our joint investment account because we each have an IRA in addition to our joint non-retirement accounts. Each of us sets our own notification preferences and I never have to worry about whether my husband is receiving important emails from our investment company because each owner receives everything according to the preferences they set. Wyndham should be no different if each owner has their own login.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife use the same login, my login. I don't want six different logins. It can only lead to problems.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
How did a thread about megarenters morph to one about emails? Is there now that little concern about megarenters?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Today I learned Wyndham requires a letter signed by both (all?) owners to request the main point of contact be changed. Fortunately it can be emailed and doesn't need to be snail mailed. (As an aside, RCI will simply change it over the phone, which I did with them a couple of years ago.)

I can see the argument for having a joint email alias for accounts where there's only a single login. With something like Wyndham where each owner has a separate login and has full ownership and booking privileges, each of those logins, i.e. each owner that can make bookings independently, should simply receive all of the important email notifications. It shouldn't require a workaround. My husband and I each have a separate login to our joint investment account because we each have an IRA in addition to our joint non-retirement accounts. Each of us sets our own notification preferences and I never have to worry about whether my husband is receiving important emails from our investment company because each owner receives everything according to the preferences they set. Wyndham should be no different if each owner has their own login.

I would suggest an alias email. I have one that is set up to send copies of the email to each owner's email addresses. My husband and I have one that we use for things that are shared like the electric bill, cable bill, and anything else where both of us have a need to know. Alias emails are handier. You can turn it off, or remove someone at any time without having to deal with Wyndham. If your email changes, you just need to update in one place instead of 20 different companies that need it. I would still recommend going through the motions of making yourself primary.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

After 3-4 weeks (I'm not sure exactly because I wasn't checking daily), my name was updated to be the primary point of contact on our ownership. However, they failed to change the email address even though it was specified in the letter! So I've resent the letter, and we'll see how long it takes for round two.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
@chapjim @paxsarah @Richelle Back on topic ladies! What will happen to mega renters when shelter in place orders become mandatory, Economies and resorts are shut down a second time?

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is telephone number to Wyndham Corp. Sales?

It was post here before.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is telephone number to Wyndham Corp. Sales?

It was post here before.

Last edited:

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been blocked from purchasing more developer points because their account has been flagged as a " Mega Renter "?

Is there a way to have Wyndam remove this flag?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Has anyone been blocked from purchasing more developer points because their account has been flagged as a " Mega Renter "?

If you're renting for profit, no. They will not take you off. They will point out the program rule that says the timeshare is for personal use and enjoyment. Not for commercial purposes.

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're renting for profit, no. They will not take you off. They will point out the program rule that says the timeshare is for personal use and enjoyment. Not for commercial purposes.
Do I just call owner services and let them know I am not renting for profit? Then they will take me off.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Do I just call owner services and let them know I am not renting for profit? Then they will take me off.
I doubt they can do anything. That would be the legal department.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might depend on the size of your ownership.
We are blocked from buying more developer points from Wyndham.
Today Salesman told our SIL & daughter that anyone with more than 5 million points is classified as a “mega renter”.
Funny part is we’ve never used 5 or more GCs in a year.