• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cirkus - When we were at Mayan Riviera a couple years ago they would sleep 8 in a two bedroom. Two in each bedroom and then there were two couches in the living room that were like a trundle beds with the bottom part pulling out so each couch made two single beds and were made up as two singles each. Thus you could sleep 4 on the couches in the living room. I believe it is this way in all the Mayan Palaces. We've stayed at the one in Nuevo Vallarta and the one in Puerto Vallarta and they were the same. You can call the resort and ask them. 800-292-9446

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even more.

Theres also another sofa in the master bedroom identical to the ones in the living room, so that would sleep another one. (I dont believe that it had a trundle underneath.)

pujasam

Reaction score
i'm getting an RCI exchange and seem to have a choice between mayan palace, the grand mayan, and sea garden in PV and NV.

Could someone please recommend which of these resort is the most luxurious .

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
i'm getting an RCI exchange and seem to have a choice between mayan palace, the grand mayan, and sea garden in PV and NV.

Could someone please recommend which of these resort is the most luxurious .

The most luxurious is the Grand Mayan followed by the Mayan Palace and then the Sea Garden. Not only are the Grand Mayan units more luxurious but also the resort amenities are much better. The Grand Mayan pools are much nicer and it also has the lazy river. At NV, the Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace and Sea Garden each have their own pools etc. Mayan Palace guests may not use the Grand Mayan facilities and Sea Garden Guests may not use either the Grand Mayan or the Mayan Palace pools etc. Grand Mayan guests may use the facilities of all 3.

riu girl

Reaction score
Cam anyone tell me:

1. The status of the waterpark and whether or not it will be available to Grand Mayan as well as Mayan in Riveria Maya?

2.Also very interested in hearing about childrens activites at the Mayan Palace Riveria Maya?

Thank you

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Cam anyone tell me:

1. The status of the waterpark and whether or not it will be available to Grand Mayan as well as Mayan in Riveria Maya?

2.Also very interested in hearing about childrens activites at the Mayan Palace Riveria Maya?

Thank you

The general practice with the Mayan Palace resorts is that Grand Mayan guests may use all of the amenities at the resort. If there are any restrictions on the waterpark, I would expect that it would only be available for the use of the Grand Mayan guests, not the other way around.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cam anyone tell me:

Thank you

First question - discussed under "exclusive use of pools" a few days ago. The status - under construction. My prediction - Sept. 2007, other people said June. We shall see.

Your second question - not knowing the age of your children its hard to say. The resort's magnificent cascading pool should keep all kids busy. There are other activities like water volleyball, beach volleyball, table tennis, arts and crafts for small kids, face painting, to name a few. Kids can go on a hike along the sandy beach, explore nature, etc. You can also take them to the nearby Playa del Carmen, take a ferry to Cozumel, or go on several interesting excursions. It depends on your imagination and ....pocketbook.

Kola

riu girl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. The children will be 8 and 11 at time of travel. My husband and I have been to Mexico 5 times but this will be their first time. We will be staying for 2-3 weeks, hopefully one week at the Mayan Palace Riveria Maya followed by the Riu Playacar resorts.

During our Mayan week, we plan on visiting C. Itza, Xcaret, Tulum and Playa del carmen. I am really looking for a non-AI resort that week since we will doing a lot of day trips .

Since we won't be staying at the Grand Mayan, I wonder if we could access the new waterpark area (for an extra fee)? We won't be visiting until 2008, so I will watch this board closely and find out about the waterpark later this year.

It looks like a great resort. I can't wait to see the pool. I have never seen one that large. And what a great bonus that the pool is heated.

Thanks again for all the info. This is a very informative thread.

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you visit the mayan palace/grand mayan website, they have the daily activity schedule link for both kids and adults. I think it is posted under children's activity.

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Since we won't be staying at the Grand Mayan, I wonder if we could access the new waterpark area (for an extra fee)? We won't be visiting until 2008, so I will watch this board closely and find out about the waterpark later this year."

Yes, it's free for Grand Mayan, but not just for their guests. They do charge a fee ($7-$10 USD/person/day...can't remember exactly from Acapulco).

riu girl

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I really hope that the maya guests have access to the grand maya water park. We would not mind paying a fee of $7-$10 pp whatsoever.

Reaction score
question???

I know the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta has a kids club program. Does Riviera maya or ACapulco have one as well????????????????

Has anyone used it? The NV has a nice kids club building!

Parkplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All:

Moderator: Can we retire this lengthy Mayan Palace thread and start a new one from scratch?

Mayan Palace could probably have a whole category of its own,. Like some of the others, but in the meantime this has become an extremely weighted thread. There will always be questions raised regarding the various Mayan Resorts - Grand Mayan, Mayan Palace - Sea Gardens. I hope we will not have to drag all of the old material on and on and on.........

thank you

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta has a kids club program. Does Riviera maya or ACapulco have one as well????????????????

Has anyone used it? The NV has a nice kids club building!

The Acapulco location has a large kids program. And it's divided into 2 groups; one for young children (as young as 4 or 2?) and another for older kids. Both levels are very active.

davenlib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is ther a charge for the kids club in Acapulco? what types of things to they do?
My kids are 10 and 12. Is it a drop off so we can do other things or is it just kids activities unsupervised??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Moderator: Can we retire this lengthy Mayan Palace thread and start a new one from scratch?
That's fine with me. There's actually a link to this long thread in the sticky post section at the top of the Mexico forum page. You just have to scroll down through the posts until you come to the one about Mayan Palace. You can always find it through that link.

I'll go ahead and lock this thread and whoever wants to start a new one can go ahead and do so. When the new thread gets longer I'll put a link to it in the aforementioned sticky post.

Status
Not open for further replies.